News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: FireArrow on February 17, 2017, 01:54:17 AMI just had mine on valentines day so 18. I don't think it really matters when it happens though
this is actually really cute ow my heart

and i might be biased by saying it doesn't matter bc mine was sloppy and more to get the "first" idea out of the way than actually wanting it so yeah. it really doesn't matter

firsts are silly most of the time and only meaningful if you want them to be

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 16, 2017, 05:16:39 PMWhat were the ages of y'all when you got your first kisses?
Ah, the ripe old age of 12.

...Oi.

In other unrelated news, I'm spending Sunday night with my boyfriend since we have Monday off for president's day. Should be fun 8)
what is shitpost

Altissimo

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

So, uh... I have a friend. She's one of the nicest, most amazing person I've met since coming to college. She's usually very loud, energetic, and super affectionate to everybody (hugs and physical contact all around; not me, though: nobody wants to touch me); she's one of those people you just instantly think "surely they can't be single?" But... she's made some comments recently that have made me think twice about that, and see a lot of her actions in a different light. Latety, I've noticed that when she's not directly interacting with people, she seems a lot more tired, worn out, and less cheery than usual, and based on her aforementioned comments, I'm starting to think she's single and very unhappy about that. There's a dorm event in about a week or so that I want to ask her out to, but speaking and especially asking people out is far from my forte, so I'm feeling rather overwhelmed at this point, and although I know what I want to do, I don't know if I can actually will myself to go through with it...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

duh just ask
you don't lose anything for asking
unmotivated

ThatHiddenCharacter

The best advice I can give you is just go for it. It may be tough to go through with it, but if you don't, you will always regret it. It's my philosophy (*and in most cases, scientific fact) that if you believe in yourself, you're more likely to accomplish things.

*It has been scientifically proven that this is true.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dudeman

Go for it! An opportunity like this doesn't arrive every day. She sounds absolutely amazing; you'll definitely beat yourself up about it if you don't ask her.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Zunawe

I don't want to deter you from anything, but I have a friend like that. She's very touchy and has a very small personal bubble. She's also an extravert, so she is always happier to be around people rather than alone. But I know for a fact that none of that was a direct indication of anything romantic. So be careful not to have expectations if she's less than explicit.

Go do the ask on a date thing though. You just gotta say a question and then you know.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

LeviR.star

Oh man, you are so lucky to receive this opportunity. Take it!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

SlowPokemon

Personally, I think if it's true that she always hugs everyone except you, that might be a sign to not make her uncomfortable? But most importantly, if you ask her, definitely accept her decision and don't push the issue. Best of luck my dude

Edit: also, being in a relationship isn't a cure all. She could be dating someone and still be generally tired and unhappy. And she also might not WANT to date anyone. It's important not to make illogical assumptions.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 14, 2017, 09:10:38 AMPersonally, I think if it's true that she always hugs everyone except you, that might be a sign to not make her uncomfortable? But most importantly, if you ask her, definitely accept her decision and don't push the issue. Best of luck my dude
Let me rephrase that. :P People here are pretty huggy/touchy in general (even with casual acquaintances), but pretty much everyone I know will kinda just awkwardly shuffle by me (except on two occasions, one of which was an awesome brohug!), so it's not something unusual or unexpected for me.

QuoteEdit: also, being in a relationship isn't a cure all. She could be dating someone and still be generally tired and unhappy. And she also might not WANT to date anyone. It's important not to make illogical assumptions.
It's hard to explain in-depth, but at this point, based on conversations she's had with some of our mutual friends when I'm around, I feel pretty safe with my current conclusions. It was actually more illogical for me for think otherwise and was probably based more in my own self-doubt than anything else. That being said, it's still possible she wouldn't want to date me in specific.

ALSO UPDATE. I asked her earlier tonight (yesterday?) and she said that she wanted to go with me if she doesn't have any scheduling conflicts (she said she might have something else planned, but she'd double-check). Now I'm paranoid I wasn't explicit enough about my intentions. D: I was kinda nervous, so I just blurted it out super casually. That being said, thanks for the support so far everybody!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

you said date right
you ought to say date to be clear
unmotivated