[DELETED] [NES] Air Fortress - "Evacuation" by JacopoTore

Started by Zeta, September 06, 2016, 12:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: JacopoTore on September 15, 2016, 12:58:42 PMThe performer is a job much more difficult than the arranger
I feel like this is just a little bit controversial.

Plus I don't actually know what that has to do with anything going on here.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Latios212

...Yeah that didn't make any sense given the context.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

Probably just misread the your statement actually. I can see a vague link, provided you interpret what you said strangely differently.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

JacopoTore

I think this sheet explain the music. We hear The noise why we can't write it? I arranged for piano ok but everyone can read and play with every instrument. I think 9 out of 10 people play this score with keyboard and not pianoforte. They play it incorrectly?

JDMEK5

Quote from: JacopoTore on September 15, 2016, 03:34:51 PMI think this sheet explain the music. We hear The noise why we can't write it? I arranged for piano ok but everyone can read and play with every instrument. I think 9 out of 10 people play this score with keyboard and not pianoforte. They play it incorrectly?
Yes, your score does explain how to play the music. As it should. And this noise could be notated (I say this under the premise that anything is possible). But it's your job to find a way to notate it and explain how to make the noise to the player. I'll get more into this in a moment.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 14, 2016, 03:48:58 PMAlright if you want to get technical, what I meant to say is that the background noise is not a part of the music that you have adapted to the piano (read: not written as notes in the staff). So, what is that direction supposed to indicate to the performer? Play the notes louder to increase tension (even though that's not what happens in the original)? Make random noises by vocalizing?

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at here; a performer should easily figure out what to do given just the sheet.
The very fundamental issue here is clarity. If I were trying to read your sheet I would be confused beyond salvation. Latios said the same for himself. From the understanding that we on the outside are at right now, you have a choice to make. The noise that you say is growing, do you want that implemented into the score, despite not, as you said, being part of the music? If so, you'll need a better, clearer, (probably simpler) way to get that across; such as a crescendo or something. It would be referring to the music (not the noise), but it would get the player doing what you want. If you decide you just want to scrap the whole noise increasing thing, then that's totally acceptable too.

The first and biggest issue here is that you're telling us to make a noise louder without telling anyone what that noise is or how to make it. Or even necessarily that it should be made. To we who don't know, you might as well be doing this:
Big Image
[close]
You're giving specifics where there are no fundamentals. We need to know three things first: What is this noise? Should we be making this noise? How do we make this noise? All three of those things should be clearly laid out in your sheet.

(Oh and I'm also going to give you a friendly heads up that your translator is not the greatest so forgive us if we misunderstand you)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

About the noise thing. Seeing this from a musical standpoint, it would be a lot easier to just skip the noise and just stick to the music. Later I looked at the title of the song "Evacuation", and I assume it's some sort of "escape" theme. And that the "noise" or "explosions" are supposed to sound like an airship or something beginning to explode. The sound effects are very irregular, so the only wise way I can think of is to have some note like "play low notes in the LH, like explosions, and have them escalate for x measures", and thereby saying to the performer to improvise the explosion-like sound effects. And after that, have some sort of ending, maybe like in this sheet I've made. It's a bit complicated, but you could go for it if you really care about all the explosion sound effects.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 15, 2016, 03:55:10 PMAbout the noise thing. Seeing this from a musical standpoint, it would be a lot easier to just skip the noise and just stick to the music.
This is kinda what I was alluding to. I'm not sure why it would be a diehard must-have element for you, but if it is, then you'll have to find a way to clearly identify and instruct it. And lucky for you, Tobbeh here gave you a good idea.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

Also I wonder, why did you use a Fx instead of a Gn in measure 6. Is there any reason to not use a Gn there instead?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Bump for arranger.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle