Series: Super Smash Bros.
Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Victory! (Super Mario Bros.)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LifeMushroom

[attachment deleted by admin]

LifeMushroom

Got a little rusty on this, but hope it's good.

Using free Notepad 2012, so can't remove the Pno. markings and add measure numbers, so would be appreciated if someone could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa6Yo2fwbdI

TheMarioPianist

Pretty good arrangement! First thing that jumps out at me are those stretches at the first beat of the first 3 measures. No human hand could play that. Remember, while we try to transcribe these songs exactly as they are, orchestrated pieces sometimes must omit certain parts because we are trying to make a piece designed for an entire orchestra playable for a single pianist. Ok, I'll go through a list of things you might want to take a look at.

-Those stretches (of course)
-harmonies to the melody notes
-The second bass note hit in each measure (simply a sixteenth note)
-in addition to the harmonies, there is some of that right hand rhythm to be transcribed for the left hand
-Fuller chords

Now these fixes may seem poorly described, and you may wonder why I'm not explaining them more clearly. The reason is, I have done these already, and I'm giving the files to you! I've fixed up everything above, as well as fixing the text, measure numbers, and other things you couldn't do in Notepad. Here you go! (Note: You won't be able to open the musx file because its for Finale 2014. I'm just providing it in case you want to upload it. If you make changes to the mus, I can update the musx for you. The musx is optional anyway, and sometimes it shows up as a weird zip folder with files inside. If that happens, delete it. Its not necessary.)

[.mus]
[.mid]
[.pdf]
[.musx] (Optional)
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Tobbeh99

- I'm not sure about the title. I think it should be something like "Victory (Super Mario)" or "Victory (Mario Bros.)"

- Those double-octave intervals are impossible to play, just do regular octaves instead (move the lower note one octave higher).

- Those dotted 32th-notes look a bit to complicated. I'm sure it's just some 8th-triplet.

edit: where typing this comment while The MarioPianist posted his comment.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 10, 2015, 09:27:09 AM- I'm not sure about the title. I think it should be something like "Victory (Super Mario)" or "Victory (Mario Bros.)"

Yea, I wasn't 100% sure about the title, but I think the Mario Bros. one is correct. I think that is the one I saw most of the time. Also I couldn't find a composer anywhere, because the MarioWiki page I was on didn't have sound effects or victory songs (of course.) The links have been updated with the new title.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

LifeMushroom

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 10, 2015, 09:10:26 AMPretty good arrangement! First thing that jumps out at me are those stretches at the first beat of the first 3 measures. No human hand could play that. Remember, while we try to transcribe these songs exactly as they are, orchestrated pieces sometimes must omit certain parts because we are trying to make a piece designed for an entire orchestra playable for a single pianist. Ok, I'll go through a list of things you might want to take a look at.

-Those stretches (of course)
-harmonies to the melody notes
-The second bass note hit in each measure (simply a sixteenth note)
-in addition to the harmonies, there is some of that right hand rhythm to be transcribed for the left hand
-Fuller chords

Now these fixes may seem poorly described, and you may wonder why I'm not explaining them more clearly. The reason is, I have done these already, and I'm giving the files to you! I've fixed up everything above, as well as fixing the text, measure numbers, and other things you couldn't do in Notepad. Here you go! (Note: You won't be able to open the musx file because its for Finale 2014. I'm just providing it in case you want to upload it. If you make changes to the mus, I can update the musx for you. The musx is optional anyway, and sometimes it shows up as a weird zip folder with files inside. If that happens, delete it. Its not necessary.)

[.mus]
[.mid]
[.pdf]
[.musx] (Optional)
Thanks, but I'm getting 404 errors when I try to download the .mus and .mid files :P

Bowser and Peach aren't really Mario Bros., how about Victory! Mario Series or Victory! Mushroom Kingdom or something like that?

Latios212

Anyone know how accurate these titles are? Or can find an OST with composers and everything?

Bump the third measure down a system. And is this song not in 12/8?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Latios212 on August 10, 2015, 01:07:44 PMAnyone know how accurate these titles are? Or can find an OST with composers and everything?

Bump the third measure down a system. And is this song not in 12/8?

Have no clue where he got those titles of the victory themes. But I checked in the actual game and the sad thing is that the victory themes really got no actual title :-\. In the sound test they are labeled as sound effects under "miscellaneous", but the sound effects doesn't got any titles only numbers like 1,2,3. So this song would be miscellaneous 1, which isn't a proper title at all.

I found another title on smashboards where it's called "Victory Theme - Mario Brothers"

I don't think there exist any "correct titles" for these, so we'll have to chose a good title and the one latios suggested was pretty good I think.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LifeMushroom

This is based off the SMB level clear theme, and that's 4/4, so I would think this is 4/4 too.

Updated OP links.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: LifeMushroom on August 10, 2015, 02:01:59 PMThis is based off the SMB level clear theme, and that's 4/4, so I would think this is 4/4 too.

Updated OP links.

Actually, Latios and I discussed this, and we kind of feel that the original SMB level clear theme should be in 12/8 as well. We'll let more people weigh in on that first, but personally, I think that it looks cleaner in 12/8.

In case 12/8 beats 4/4: [.musx with 12/8]  [.mus with 12/8]

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Tobbeh99

I don't think it's big deal whether this is in 4/4 or 12/8 since it's so short, if the song was longer then it would have been more important and also more clear what the time signature should be. I'd say 4/4, that way it look less complicated. Not that 12/8 is that complicated but it's such a short and simple song so I say there is no need for 12/8. 

10/10 tobbeh

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: LifeMushroom on August 15, 2015, 07:14:18 PMAre we getting anywhere here? :|

Well, the 4/4 vs 12/8 issue has been solved; 4/4 does make sense for the way the song is. Now, in terms of the submission process, I don't know. :P

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player