The "Fixing the Sheets" Initiative 2.0 - Current Target: Pokémon R/B *Done!*

Started by JDMEK5, July 25, 2013, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

What is the "Fixing the Sheets" Initiative?
The "Fixing the Sheets" Project was an organized effort to bring each and every sheet of music on Ninsheetmusic up to the current standard. Most of the target sheets were submitted before any quality standard was required. As a result, some of those sheets are abhorring.

This is the reincarnation of the original "Fixing the Sheets" Project. Everything is basically the same here except the roles have been ditched, and so has the wiki.

If you want to help out, please go right ahead. Having listed roles for helping here would be like getting a title for submitting a sheet to the main site. It's unnecessary so we're dropping it.

In no way does this project forbid replacement submissions from other games/franchises. This is simply a united, organized effort to deal with the substandard sheets one game at a time.

What you need to know:

-If you begin work on a sheet, post here letting me know so I can edit the target post (the next one) with the updated information. This keeps multiple people from working on the same song at the same time.
-Can't arrange? No problem; critique other sheets that either have not been looked at yet, or have just been revised.
-There is no limit to how many sheets one may work on simultaneously but I would recommend no more than 3 and strongly dissuade any more than 5.
-If you fix a sheet, your name will appear on the song list (on the Target Post) as the sheet modifier; however your name will not be listed as the arranger on the main site. Nor can you change the original arranger's name to your own on the sheet itself. This may only be done if the sheet was so dramatically changed that it counts as a replacement.
Altering the original arranger's name on a sheet without just cause is considered plagiarism and is strictly prohibited.
For more information on replacements, refer here.

Who to contact for questions, comments, and/or concerns regarding this whole endeavor:
Either Yours Truly, or Olimar12345.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

JDMEK5

This is the "Target Post". This basically will tell us which game is our primary focus right now, and which songs have been done and which haven't.

Our current target is:

Pokémon Red/Blue Version

Progress: 100%

All formatting information will be provided below. Please use the information there word for word to avoid any differences between sheets. (Feel free to copy/paste if you'd like)
Note: When claiming a sheet, please list all of the sheets that you are claiming in the thread so that we may prevent confusion. Please be as clear as possible.
Second Note: If a song is on the site under an incorrect title, find the title that matches the OST*. This information should be given in the spoiler assigned to that song.
Third Note: Before sending a song in, please make sure the notes are accurate. No sheet will gain approval unless it is close to completely accurate. (if not completely)
Fourth Note: The "Specifics" given for each sheet are only the things I spot after about 15 seconds of looking at the sheet and therefore may not necessarily be all of the issues. It's part of your job to hunt for more.

Status Color Code:
Red: This sheet has not yet been fixed. A diagnose of problems will be provided in a spoiler.
Yellow: This sheet is currently being fixed.
Brown: This sheet has been reworked but still hasn't met current standards. Work on this sheet has been dropped by the original modifier. Treatment is identical to red. This sheet is up for grabs.
Blue: This sheet has been fixed and has gained approval from myself and all of you (as far as you have spoken). However this sheet still lacks approval from Olimar12345 or TheDekuTrombonist. Such approval is pending. (Hang tight! ;))
Green: This sheet has been fixed and has gained approval from a sufficient number of moderators and thereby will be uploaded.
Black: This song will be gone by the time we're done. Don't bother trying to save it.

Formatting information:
Please use the information here as precisely as possible.
How to get the accented 'é' into the sheet:
The accented 'é' is typed on Windows PCs by holding 'Alt' and pressing 0, 2, 3, 3 on the number pad in that order. The 'Alt' key may only be released after the number combination is complete. Sometimes a space afterwards is needed to make the character appear.
If you are not using a Windows PC, copy/paste the character into the sheet.
[close]
How to get the copyright symbol (©) into the sheet:
The copyright symbol (©) is typed on Windows PCs by holding 'Alt' and pressing 0, 1, 6, 9 on the number pad in that order. The 'Alt' key may only be released after the number combination is complete. Sometimes a space afterwards is needed to make the character appear.
If you are not using a Windows PC, copy/paste the character into the sheet.
[close]
-Song Title: Titles are taken from the FireRed/LeafGreen OST. The OST can be found here.
-Game Name: Pokémon Red/Blue Version (If a song is exclusively from Pokémon Yellow Version, write that in as was just shown here. Further details on this situation are given below.)
-Composer: Junichi Masuda
-Copyright/Year: Nintendo, GameFreak © 1996
-URL: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/

Song List and Status:

All done, fellas!!!

*if applicable
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Echo

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 25, 2013, 05:59:13 PM-Song Title: Titles are song specific. OST titles are given below. (The OST used is that of Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen Version since no OST for Red/Blue/Yellow exists)

http://vgmdb.net/album/141

Anyways, I'm down for helping out with this project. Later tonight I'll look over the sheets on the site and try to fix some.

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

FireArrow

You can definitely count me in.

BTW, the easiest way to make the © symbol is to press CTRL + ALT + C. The easiest way to make an é is to change your keyboard to international (Control panel --> Region and Language --> Keyboards and Languages.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Echo

I've got Route 1 covered.
[MUS]
[MIDI]
[PDF]

Tell me if I should change "Route" to "Road" in the title.

JDMEK5

Beautiful job Echo! Yes, "Route" should become "Road".
The only other thing is that triplet. It should be two 32nds with a 16th.
But don't worry about either of those things cause I already fixed them! This gets a big stamp of approval from me.

Thanks for your contribution Echo!

Quote from: FireArrow on July 25, 2013, 07:02:08 PMBTW, the easiest way to make the © symbol is to press CTRL + ALT + C. The easiest way to make an é is to change your keyboard to international (Control panel --> Region and Language --> Keyboards and Languages.)
The © method isn't working for me, and the é would be quicker the way I have it laid out there. It doesn't involve leaving the keyboard to find the mouse.

My Arrangements

FireArrow

It doesn't?

Once you set the keyboard to international, you type ' + e to makes it.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Yugi

JDMEK5

Route 1 has been approved by both Olimar and I. Congratulations Echo! :P

My Arrangements

Onionleaf

What a wonderfully organised list! Sounds like a much better plan to work on each game separately. (Omg, this soundtrack brings back memories...)

If you don't mind, I would love to help out. :)
Sorry about not letting you know if I'm planning on working on any of the sheets, I seriously thought it would only take me a few minutes to fix each one of these. The instructions are so clear and most sheets already look (almost) fabulous, even a monkey like me could do it.

Edit: Don's list is much better! I crossed off the ones that he has done. ;)

Pokémon Tower:
[MUS]
[PDF]

Route 12 (Road to Lavender Town - From Vermillion):
[MUS]
[PDF]
[MIDI]

Route 24 (To Bill's House - From Cerulean):
[MUS]
[PDF]
[MIDI]

Route 3 (Road to Cerulean – From Mt. Moon):
[MUS]
[PDF]

S.S. Anne:
[MUS]
[PDF]
[MIDI]

Show Me Around (Come With Me):
[MUS]
[PDF]

I'll keep quiet for now, but would be happy to be of service later if required.

Yugi

JDMEK5

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 27, 2013, 04:11:59 AMIf you don't mind, I would love to help out. :)
Too bad. I do mind. .... lol jk XD. (Laughed at my own joke)

I'm going to go through your list soon. Don't have enough time now, but I hope to be done by the end of the day.

Sorry for not mentioning it, but for a song to be accepted all the way, it has to be accurate to the original if it wasn't before.
The list of "specifics" isn't necessarily everything that's wrong with the sheet; it's just what I saw after looking at it for 10 seconds.

However that doesn't mean your contributions are going to waste. Olimar and I should be able to fix most accuracy problems that might still be in the sheet. And some were perfectly accurate to begin with then anyways.

The target post will updated once I get through them all.

Thanks for your help Onionleaf!

EDIT: I'm going down the list and all of them are getting in with minor alterations for the most part, except for Route 24. Sorry for not stating it sooner but I just realized how horribly inaccurate that sheet is. To be honest, I think it's due for a replacement altogether. Of course, that's not your fault though.

Quote from: Yugi on July 27, 2013, 04:18:55 AMNote that Don Valentino arranged some of these songs.
Thanks for telling me. I'll look into that.

My Arrangements

Echo

"S.S. Anne" is the correct title. The OST just has "St. Anne" because that's what the ship's called in the Japanese games.

JDMEK5

My Arrangements