News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

TWG CIV: frikin sombra Post Game

Started by Toby, April 22, 2018, 08:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

TWG: frikin sombra Post Game

1. Sombra - Has a bunch of disruptive, annoying secret single use abilities as well as some passive abilities. 3 times at any time can guess who Katya is, if successful Katya dies immediately and Sombra gains and uses her Ultimate EMP ability.
2. Katya Volskaya - Is aware of all of Sombra's abilities
3. Human
4. Human
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human

Out of topic communication is off access, although forum PMs ONLY are allowed.

This game is basically a Manhunt. Sombra is the hacker from Overwatch, think about this if you want to try guess what abilities she has.

Sombra wins when there is only 1 human left.
Humans win when Sombra is dead.

Human role PM
You are Human.

Your TWG Account name is:
Password:
Remember to send any will updates and PMs to me.
[close]

Points to remember:
At any point in the game, players can post and update me on their 'will'. If you die, I will reveal your will to the topic with your death update. When you post your will to me, please send it to me either on Discord, or PM it to me on the forums. If you would like to see your current will, PM me and you will receive it.

If you send any PM's to other players this game please please please remember to also send the PM to me, remember that Discord or any out of topic communication is not allowed in this game at all, including private messages on discord. Forum PM's are the only out of topic communication allowed.

Players:
1. Maelstrom
2. Olimar12345
3. Trasdegi
4. ThatHiddenCharacter
5. BrainyLucario
6. Dudeman
7. BlackDragonSlayer
8. blueflower999
9. mikey

Night 1
Day 1
Night 2
Day 2
Night 3
Day 3
Game Over

Role Reveal!
1. Maelstrom Human
2. Olimar12345 Human
3. Trasdegi Sombra
4. ThatHiddenCharacter Human
5. BrainyLucario Katya Volskaya
6. Dudeman Human
7. BlackDragonSlayer Human
8. blueflower999 Human
9. mikey Human
[close]

Game Actions
Night 1 Actions:
Guess BrainyLucario as wolf (correct)
Gains EMP
Wolf Dudeman
Hacks mikey's vote onto mikey
Read BlackDragonSlayer's will:
"If I die tonight, lynch Noc pls"

Day 1 votes:
Vote Count:
Maelstrom - no vote      

Olimar12345 - Maelstrom/mikey//blueflower999
Trasdegi - blueflower999/no vote

ThatHiddenCharacter - Trasdegi/no vote

BlackDragonSlayer - mikey
/ThatHiddenCharacter
blueflower999 - Trasdegi

mikey - ThatHiddenCharacter/Trasdegi/Maelstrom/BlackDragonSlayer/blueflower999

Results:
Maelstrom - 0   

Olimar12345 - 0
Trasdegi - 1 (blueflower999)
ThatHiddenCharacter - 1 (BlackDragonSlayer)

BlackDragonSlayer - 0
blueflower999 - 2 (Olimar12345, mikey)

mikey - 0

Seemed like blueflower999 would have been lynched with 2 votes, but mikey's vote was hacked and was actually on himself, meaning there was a 4 way KitB and mikey got super unlucky.

mikey was lynched.

Night 2 Actions:
Wolf Olimar12345
Hack blueflower999's vote onto blueflower999
Read blueflower999's Will:
" "

Day 2 Votes:
Vote Count:
Maelstrom - ThatHiddenCharacter   

Trasdegi - no vote

ThatHiddenCharacter - no vote

BlackDragonSlayer - ThatHiddenCharacter
/Maelstrom
blueflower999 - Maelstrom

Results:
Maelstrom - 2   
(blueflower999, BlackDragonSlayer)
Trasdegi - 0
ThatHiddenCharacter - 1 (Maelstrom)

BlackDragonSlayer - 0
blueflower999 - 0

Maelstrom was lynched
Sombra hacks and edit's Maelstrom's will to:
"h4ck3d"

Night 3 Actions:
Wolf BlackDragonSlayer
Hack and disable BlackDragonSlayer's will
Read Maelstrom's will:
" "
End Night Phase ASAP

Day 3 Votes:
Vote Count:   

Trasdegi - blueflower999
ThatHiddenCharacter - trasdegi
blueflower999 - trasdegi

Results:
Trasdegi - 2 (blueflower999, ThatHiddenCharatcer)
ThatHiddenCharacter - 0
blueflower999 - 1 (trasdegi)

Trasdegi was lynched
Game Over. Humans Won.
[close]

Overall Game Analysis
So overall I think my game worked pretty well. I did make a slight error in balancing when changing the total player count that Sombra would get an insta win with the hacking vote ability in final 3 situation, which was not intended, and fixed fairly so that the ability was still beneficial for Sombra and it was beneficial for Sombra to have guessed Katya at the point they did and not any other time, and fair for everyone else; I disabled the use of the ability on Day 3.

Overall participation in the game was okay to a point. It was looking very well up until mikey died. Olimar and BDS still did well in activity, although Olimar was wolfed before Day 2, and BDS couldn't exactly discuss with himself. Unfortunately, if the activity in TWG is only  so active as the most active player, then it's not going to be good, and TWG will end up dying on NSM again. Please make sure if you sign up for a TWG you are looking to be an active player, you should ideally have no less that 5 posts every phase that provide game content, but that's really scraping the barrier. Please don't behave as if signing up for TWG is a burden, because of it is to you, then maybe you shouldn't sign up! TWG is supposed to be a fun game of deceiving and reading players and forming suspicions together with convincing arguments or night action results. Some players provided nothing to this game, and while I understand everyone has different circumstances and things can be unpredictable, if they are predictable and contributing mostly nothing to a game could be possible, please do not sign up. Just as a host it is quite disheartening when you put effort into running a game and not everyone in showing that same interest and taking your efforts for granted!

But with overall game balance, this game was perfectly balanced. The mystery aspect of it was quite fun to have, although I expected more speculation on the abilities. The mystery abilities was maybe a bit too difficult of a concept for some of the human players, but it was nice to introduce that aspect of TWG to everyone.

I'm pretty happy with how the game was overall.
[close]

Phase by Phase Analysis
Night 1:
Brainy decided to claim to Dudeman, not realising that one of Sombra's abilities, were that she receives logs of all PM's. Upon realising this, Brainy attempts(?) to back out of their claim by saying they're not allowed to post abilities, but at this point everything was out in the open, their pants were down and they probably could have been more reckless and revealed everything as they had already revealed a few of Sombra's abilities to Dudeman, so at this point, Sombra was aware that Brainy wasn't trying to catch them out and waste a guess, they were actually Sombra.

Trasdegi decides to wolf Dudeman as he was aware of some of Sombra's abilities (I guess). This was an ok wolfing, but doing it (sort of) removed the possibility people could have had that Dudeman was the wolf as he was the only one In contact with Brainy. I say sort of because then come day time mikey thought of the possibility Dudeman was still the wolf but had taken over another account, (which is actually sort of an idea I had for another Overwatch themed manhunt starring Tracer lol).

Day 1:
Seemed like blueflower999 would have been lynched with 2 votes, but mikey's vote was hacked and was actually on himself, meaning there was a 4 way KitB and mikey got super unlucky.

Throughout the day mikey was leading the conversations, with some nice activity coming from Olimar, and BDS chipping in too. But activity ended up being quite between some other players, which meant that a better consensus couldn't be had on who to vote for, which meant mikey's vote being hacked was HUGE for Sombra. If more people voted then this ability wouldn't have been so powerful, but humans got punished for not all voting and having a lynch with more traction. If more players were active then Sombra's ability wouldn't have been so powerful, it was intended so that humans would still get one of their top lynch candidates killed, but of course, the vote count wasn't high enough and the whole day fell apart due to a single vote change.

Night 2:
Olimar was wolfed, overall I think this was a good decision from Tras, between Olimar and BlackDragonSlayer, either option was good. Although he was picking off the most active players which resulted in the game sort of dying.

Day 2:
Maelstrom was lynched. The Olimar wolfing put a bit of pressure on blueflower, but they handled it well. Very little discussion happened, ThatHiddenCharacter didn't even appear, and Maelstrom really only popped in to place a vote. The Maelstrom lynch was fine, I agreed that it didn't seem like any rational human contributing to human cause would behave like that.

Night 3:
BlackDragonSlayer was wolfed. This killed most of the activity for the final 3. This or blueflower was probably the best wolfing for trasdegi,  it left ThatHiddenCharacter for the final 3, who I think between him and trasdegi, would have been the only lynch targets.

Day 3:
Final 3; trasdegi lynched. Again barely any discussion happened. blueflower cased his vote with no discussion onto trasdegi. This confirmed ThatHiddenCharacter as human as he had not wolf rushed it. This was pretty poor play on blueflower's human part I feel, it's always best to discuss all options before jumping in, and if ThatHiddenCharacter had been the wolf, that quick vote would have cost humans the game. If Trasdegi had posted his defence quicker, or ThatHiddenCharacter had been more reluctant to case the final vote (which he should have, he had time to wait), then the outcome may have been different? But blueflower did provide a very strong defence and trasdegi had only put up points showing his suspicion towards ThatHiddenCharacter.

Human Victory
[close]

Player Analysis
Maelstrom Posts: 9
You ended up getting really busy this game which was unfortunate, although you seemed to be the only one initially interested in making some sort of guesses as to what Sombra's abilities could be, although I wish you were more vocal on it! When you seemed to get a bit of time you didn't really say much in your posts, though I figure you probably didn't read the entire topic? You coming in just to vote for ThatHiddenCharacter without explanation really didn't look good for you, and I figure that helped towards your lynch.

Olimar12345 Posts: 75
Really really naughty this game. Aside from that your activity was pretty good. You contributed a lot to discussion, which helped activity a lot, and at the beginning of the game you seemed to be trying to bait out a Katya guess which I was really happy with! I really really LOVED your analysis of your hacked post ".... Really?" you looked back on all player's history to see if they used any "...." instead of "..." and you ended up catching the wolf in a group of 3! Although this on itself was not strong enough to lead a lynch on, as it could potentially be a ploy to catch someone else out, it would have been nice for you if you looked back on maelstrom,blueflower and trasdegi and analysed their game posts to see if you saw anything out of the ordinary or suspicion worthy. Also when mikey asked players to reveal any PM's with Brainy, you had one but didn't reveal it, thought it was a little odd not to, especially when you admitted to having one, but you played it off as if it wasn't actually brainy and you got mixed up instead. I figured you thought it may have made you look bad, but I think going back on yourself and saying you actually didn't receive anything looked worse. OH and it was you that picked up on the fact Trasdegi only quoted part of his hacked post (the part that looked bad) instead of the entire post, this was a really good pick up from you, which he didn't actually make a response to, so if you were able to follow up on that, I think you would have put a lot more pressure on him and maybe caught him out!! Overall well done performance, though I wish you played more sportsmanship like, as I was close to just replacing you out based on your antics. Despite this, it was almost a tie between you and mikey but MVP

Trasdegi Posts: 19
You played very well this game!! I do agree that your posts do seem quite excited, though you didn't even post much so I'm not sure how mikey got this read on you or why he thought you were being too active (though he has played with you longer than I have). You seemed to address a lot of points towards me in topic, seeming as though you weren't sure of the sombra role, I think this could have came across as odd behaviour from you, especially because you did it quite a few times, though I noticed what you were doing, just be careful you don't do it too much or else it comes across as forced lol! You also made your mistake with this post but you did a good job of covering it up and pretending it was a hacking!! Though this point in the game was the only time hacks were used, and someone did pick up on the point that you only quoted the part of your post that looked bad when saying you were hacked, rather than quoting the entire post, which I think came across as a big wolf tell. I understood with your concern of using the hacking posts ability too frequently, as with english not being your native language you didn't want to get caught out. And you very much did end up getting caught out but doing "...."!!!! I noticed that you looked back on people's posts to try and make the hack look genuine which was a smart idea, but your little slip with the "...." put a lot of suspicion on you, however it wasn't referred back to you in the Final 3, so i guess people forgot about it, or thought it didn't amount to much. Overall your actions throughout the game were very good, though I think your Dudeman wolfing could have been better, he had looked suspicious for being the only person in contact with Brainy before their death, although I do think suspicion on him would have dropped later, I think there maybe would have been a better option. You do get an Honourable Mention though. Well done!

ThatHiddenCharacter Posts: 10
You were like extremely inactive this game. I wish you would provide a lot more to the topic, especially since there was no out of topic communications, it would have been helpful for everyone. You have to remember that as a human, you want to be actively hunting the wolf, you can't wait for everyone else to do that for you!! Also, providing your own content will help everyone else get a better read on you, which in turn helps you proactively help the humans. You didn't even make an appearance Day 2, although I'm not sure if this was due to login issues?? Well done on getting the right decision in the final 3; though you could have been more cautious with your voite, you had an extra hour to decide and only listened to a defence from blueflower, it doesn't hurt to use your time wisely and wait a bit longer!! You did make a pretty good post here and I was looking forward to seeing more of this from you! However your lack of activity, again maybe because of login issues(?) (although i wish you asked me about this), overall resulted in you not participating too much to the game. But well done on securing human victory nevertheless.

BrainyLucario Posts: 10
So you made a big mistake by not reading Sombra's abilities. As Katya, it was crucial to not do anything out of the ordinary in order to remain unguessed, but I guess it was unfortunate you didn't see Sombra's abilities to read PM's. Claiming to Dudeman was also extremely risky, but I presume you wanted to try and share Sombra's abilities with a human. Once you realised that Sombra could read PM's you had already got yourself in trouble, you would have been best revealing her abilities rather than trying to back out of the mess. Oh well!

Dudeman Posts: 8
So Brainy wanted to claim to you immediately for some reason, and I guess you tried to dissuade them from doing so. They ended up being Katya and getting killed off for it anyway so it wasn't much help. You didn't get to perform much as you were killed off Night 1, which sucks, but you did manage to help the humans before you died by showing your conversation with Brainy, which helped a bit.

BlackDragonSlayer    Posts: 45
So you were pretty active, which was good! I noticed a lot of your posts to be quite short and missing much reads. You really only provided your thoughts on olimar and tras, and it was really only stating you leaned slight human on them. Most of your posts seemed to be towards or in response to nocturne, though you didn't really seem to read him yet, though maybe you didn't get the chance, his death was a surprise. Overall, thankyou for the activity, and you did create discussion to boost activity, but you could have provide more of your thoughts and suspicions on the game, especially before the possibility of your death. (although I understand with low activity there wasn't much to work with on the remaining players)

blueflower999 Posts: 20
You were very quiet this game, though I think Maelstrom mentioned you might be busy with school stuff. Throughout the game you seemed certain of Maelstrom's humanity and defended him well, but then you changed your mind later on and lead to his false lynch. I thought you defended yourself well against accusations put on you.

mikey Posts: 134
You were crazy active, but again you sort of failed to provide substance to your accusations. You were actually very very quick to pick up on the oddities with Trasdegi, and actually if you had been alive Day 2, I think you might have pushed for him more? Or you might have kept him cleared like you did later on day 1. You came up with many good thoughts this game, bringing up account hopping was a good idea, although you felt so strongly about it which I thought was odd. Account hopping is a very risky ability, and the possibility of it ever happening in a manhunt day 1 is very very very very very low, I would understand it further into the game, but day 1 just seemed a bit too soon for it to be  as heavily considered as you were pushing for it to be so. You did good in ruling out Trasdegi as being 'not tras' I liked that, however, although correct, I think in your head you gave him human points for that, but they should have just been Tras points. Your activity helped other players to gain some reads on you, and it promoted activity between everyone else. Overall you pretty much lead the topic, but again, you provided very little reasoning when you gave points, which was a shame, because no one could really go back and refer to them, or agree with you. Though you did provide your reasonings that Tras was more 'excited' or 'active' that usually, (due to potentially being the exciting role of Sombra) which was a good pick up so well done, but you seemed to drop this later. When you died there wasn't much talking afterwards which sucked. But overall you played pretty well, though you did vote 5/7 players Day 1, so being a bit jumpy would be an understatement. However, despite this, you did well so Honourable Mention
[close]

Game Result
Human Victory
[close]

Thanks for the game everyone!

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

See, breaking the rules gets you MVP  8)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

unmotivated

Toby

mikey

unmotivated

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

davy

Ok, so I'm going to try to implement a new sign-up system. Please post if you're interested in joining the next game. This is not a formal sign-up, just a means of gauging the amount of players for which the potential hosts will need to balance their games.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ThatHiddenCharacter

Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

unmotivated

Toby

Dudeman

I'm out for the next game and for the foreseeable future.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book