GWAF Ranks and Reviess games.

Started by Trainer Ave, April 11, 2018, 10:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainer Ave

So yeah I'm going to be ranking and reviewing games here now.
Games are rated on the following
Story
OST
Difficulty
Postgame Content
Graphics
Gameplay mechanics and additional features
Enjoyability
Would I recommend this game to a friend (1 or 10 are the only possible scores)
Total score out of 80

Pokemon Sun

The story was great and a nice shift from the formulaic stories we've seen in the past. Also had some really nice character development that was great to see.
Story rating 9/10

The OST isn't one of my favorites honestly with few tracks being great and the rest just being ok.
OST rating 6/10

The difficulty for this game is basically non-existent. I literally never once had to level grind. Never once whited out. The only battle that actually gave me any trouble was the battle with Hau just before the League. Additionally obtaining the Oval and Shiny Charms is ridiculously easy in these games. Haven't even put in 100 hours and have both.
Difficulty rating 2/10

There's not much of a postgame in sun. Mostly just the battle tree, the zygarde cells, and the quest for the shiny charm. Pretty lame if you ask me.
Postgame rating 3/10

I'll be honest these games look great. This isn't really much to say about it.
Graphics rating 10/10

Ok so this game had the same basic mechanics as every other main series Pokemon game. Not really surprising there and they're pretty solid.
As far as additional features go there's the Poke Peligo which if I'm being honest I only ever use the first three islands. There's trainer customization which dear God I've spent too much time doing. There's Pokemon refresh which is basically a better version of Amie. There's SOS battles which are rather tedious but are an effective way to obtain shinies. There's the Masuda Breeding mechanic. Again not surprising. There's the Festival Plaza which is kinda just a over-gimmicked Union Room. Getting rid of gyms and HMs was great  but we'll overdue. That's it. Feel free to tell me if I missed something.
Rating 7/10

This game was honestly the most fun I've had out a Pokemon game since gen 4. I really wish I'd played it sooner. I flat out enjoyed most if not all of this game.
Rating 9/10

Yes
10/10

Overall rating 56/80
Honestly feels like it should be higher but the lack of much of a postgame and the extremely low difficulty really weigh the rating down. Even still they might have just made gen 7 my 3rd favorite Pokemon generation behind only gen 2 and gen 4.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Onimadi

It's great information for those who are looking for these things.

Dude

Quote from: Onimadi on May 27, 2018, 10:34:33 PMIt's great information for those who are looking for these things.
indeed

Trainer Ave

Got a review of Ultra Sun coming soon.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Oymyakona

Constant monitoring because the web has to offer to the common good.