News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

TWG CIV Sign-ups

Started by davy, April 09, 2018, 04:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Game?

Toby's
7 (50%)
Brainy's
3 (21.4%)
Olimar's
6 (42.9%)
Davy's
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: April 13, 2018, 02:20:47 PM

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Dudeman on April 09, 2018, 05:42:40 PMYou would not believe how many times I considered making that reference
Oh I would

Uhhhh yeah, for the next 6 weeks I'll be continuously signing up as an alt unless someone needs me for numbers for a game
So in as an alt
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

I'm not sure if this point has been made in the past, but I'm going to get on the soapbox anyway. People signing up to be an alternate player shouldn't be a thing. Either want to play or sit out; Either sign up to play or don't. Alternate players should only ever be a thing if people sign up after we already have a set number of players for the games we're voting on. They should only ever be an excess, not an actual, requestable position.

And on top of the absurdity of signing up to be an alt in and of itself, it irks me that it's done as this sort of passive manner, like it's easier to be an alternate player rather than a normal player. I don't know about you, but for me it's much easier to play a game from the start than to be called several phases in and have to catch up on many messages and logs.

End rant.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

I´m assuming people signing up as an alt mean it in as "I'll join if you guys don't have enough to start a game." But yeah, that's not what an alt is.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Brawler4Ever

I thought it was more of what happened to lkjh a couple of games ago and that whole deal with Charu coming in. If a player is inactive (which is a VERY real thing) then we have players ready to come in and at least try to play the game a bit. If we don't have subs (or alts, or whatever) then that position is lost for the entire game.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Olimar12345

My point was not to discredit the helpfulness/point of having alts. The point I was making was that alternate players should be players that sign up after the cutoff, not before we even have enough players for a game.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

To comment on the idea of having to catch up, that will not happen as I will still keep up with the game. The big difference is not having to post (which can take up some time). I will still develop suspicions and the like, but I won't have to post or engage in Discord conversation. I can remove myself from the sign-ups if you wish, but know I can be subbed in
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Being that involved and simply not posting doesn't seem like you'd be conserving that much time/effort.

mikey

my original idea was to allow one sub for eight players then one more for 12
if you're too busy to play twg you're probably too busy to sub (being a sub means we expect the same amount of activity from you as another player, just slightly later in the game), and we typically don't need subs to begin with.  It's okay not to sign up, but if you think you have the time to sub you have the time to play from the start.
unmotivated

Toby

TWG: frikin sombra

1. Sombra - Has a bunch of disruptive, annoying secret single use abilities as well as some passive abilities. 2 times at any time can guess who Katya is, if successful Katya dies immediately and Sombra gains and uses her Ultimate EMP ability.
2. Katya Volskaya - Is aware of all of Sombra's abilities
3. Human
4. Human
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human

All players can also create a will. Upon death their will is revealed to the topic.
The TWG Accounts will be used, but players won't be anonymous, i'll straight up reveal who you all are (lol).
Out of topic communication is off access, although forum PMs ONLY are allowed.

This game is basically a Manhunt. Sombra is the hacker from Overwatch, think about this if you want to try guess what abilities she has.

Sombra wins when there is only 1 human left.
Humans win when Sombra is dead.

E. Gadd Industries

Okay, then I'm going on TWG hiatus for the next 6 weeks. Have fun guys! :D
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

I had a mechanic I was going to add to my game but I might not get a chance to edit it in/rebalance it soon. When is the cutoff?

Toby

made 2 additions to the mechanics for my game

BrainyLucario

I really want to try Toby's game
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.