Series: Other
Game: Doki Doki Literature Club!
Console: PC
Title: I Still Love You
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: NPbus_

[attachment deleted by admin]

NPbus_

Figured I'd just do one more before I'm done with arranging music from this game.
A party bus (also known as a party ride, limo bus, limousine bus, party van, or luxury bus) is a large motor vehicle usually derived from a conventional bus or coach but modified and designed to carry 10 or more people for recreational purposes.

Latios212

Neato! Just one major thing - fix the beaming in 10/12/14/16 to beam together beats 2-2.5 like the rest of the measures instead of 1.5-2.

And the usual nitpicky stuff, don't mind me:
- Please refrain from using octave clefs in piano music.
- Remove the Pno. abbreviations.
- Forward repeat bar isn't really necessary.
- You could afford to space out the staves a bit more since there's extra room at the bottom of the page. Could lower the composer/arranger info as well accordingly.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NPbus_

A party bus (also known as a party ride, limo bus, limousine bus, party van, or luxury bus) is a large motor vehicle usually derived from a conventional bus or coach but modified and designed to carry 10 or more people for recreational purposes.

AmpharosAndy

As it's just 4 bars - repeat - 4 bars - repeat, you could just remove half of it and put a repeat barlines in. Saves the performer reading time because I just played through it miself and didn't realise initially.
innit

NPbus_

I tried doing this but to no avail. It looks fine, but the playback doesn't repeat the entire form, instead just ending after playing through it once. I marked in a D.S., so that it could repeat back to the top, and remembered to make sure that it would reset on repeat action. How do I get around this?

(The reason I wrote it out the way I did before was because of this problem; initially, I did want to make it 8 bars rather than 16 bars, but I wasn't sure how I would've gone about doing it, because I anticipated that this could've happened)

AmpharosAndy

I don't think it matters if the playback doesn't repeat everything. It's about the sheet innit

D.S. should be (al) fine! thank you, thank you very much. There are a bunch on site nuttin wrong with em not sure what the problem izzxzzz
innit

NPbus_

In that case, I put up those edited sheets with the D.S.

(nice pun love it *laughs in Morse code*)

AmpharosAndy

Bar 5 - If you move the High G in the LH into octaves in the RH, it becomes a lot easier all around.
innit

Latios212

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on April 07, 2018, 01:32:39 PMI don't think it matters if the playback doesn't repeat everything. It's about the sheet innit
Indeed! Don't let the musical notation program impede how you want to write something out - and there's often a workaround as well. Like here:

Quote from: NPbus_ on April 07, 2018, 01:11:42 PMI tried doing this but to no avail. It looks fine, but the playback doesn't repeat the entire form, instead just ending after playing through it once. I marked in a D.S., so that it could repeat back to the top, and remembered to make sure that it would reset on repeat action. How do I get around this?

(The reason I wrote it out the way I did before was because of this problem; initially, I did want to make it 8 bars rather than 16 bars, but I wasn't sure how I would've gone about doing it, because I anticipated that this could've happened)
Here you're looking for a D.C. instead of a D.S.! (Also no "al fine", since the song repeats forever.) As for the playback, if you set the D.C. repeat marking to "Jump on pass 2" and "Target measure 1", as well as check "Reset on repeat action" for the end repeat bars, it should function as you want it.

And here's a file with the above changes, as well as a slightly adjusted layout to allow things a bit more space.

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on April 08, 2018, 04:35:39 AMBar 5 - If you move the High G in the LH into octaves in the RH, it becomes a lot easier all around.
You could do that, but I don't feel like it's something that improves the sheet all that much - instead of having a large jump in the left hand, you'd have to somewhat awkwardly hit the high G at the end of measure 5 with your pinky. Personal preference: I'd rather keep it as is, but that's up to the arranger to decide! (Though making this change would make the right hand part look messier, so there's that too.)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NPbus_

Thanks for the advice! I've been using Finale for about 5 years now, so although I've gotten used to a few of the techniques and shortcuts, there's still a lot I don't know. I appreciate it! (And thanks for making the layout changes as well.)

Also, I decided to keep measure 5 the way it is. Before submitting the sheet, I had a friend glance at it to see if there were any errors (I'm not primarily a piano player myself), and there weren't any issues in terms of playing that part of the piece, so I've just kept it as it is, though I still do appreciate the feedback.

With that, the updated files are up.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NPbus_

Also, about that forward repeat in bar 1: should that be there? I re-inserted it for clarity's sake (since there are 2 repeated sections now), but now that I'm thinking about it, it might be a bit redundant.

Latios212

Yeah, that's fine since the first four bars are a repeating section.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I'd argue against it because it's implied. That said, it's up to you on this one. Either works and either is fine. It's personal preference.