[MUL] Celeste - "Exhale" by PlayfulPiano

Started by Zeta, April 04, 2018, 09:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

In response to D3ath3657: I personally think keeping "Breathe" is totally fine. You should see the stuff I put on my Ace Attorney arrangements...
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Ehhh after reading through and reviewing a variety of sheets, I feel like it's best to give an actual performance direction. Not everyone who wants to play a sheet is necessarily familiar with the game's context. Game references aside, think through how you want the piece to be performed, and try to distill what you want into a specific adjective or performance direction.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Latios212 on May 27, 2018, 09:44:41 PMEhhh after reading through and reviewing a variety of sheets, I feel like it's best to give an actual performance direction. Not everyone who wants to play a sheet is necessarily familiar with the game's context. Game references aside, think through how you want the piece to be performed, and try to distill what you want into a specific adjective or performance direction.
What performance direction would you recommend in this context?

Maelstrom

Some general feedback because this sheet still has a bit to go.
Bassline sounds and looks great. No problems with that
Respace the systems a lot. Pg 1 has the lowest system getting way too close to the copyright, and the copyright itself is a bit to close to the bottomf othe page.
In addition, in other pages, the measure numbers are coliding with the page number and the title is wayyy too high. You are using the last page, so you might as well put more than one system on it. Also move the systems up a bit as they're close to the bottom.
On top of all this, you could resize the whole score to 90% to save some space.
I rewrote the RH of m21-28, and you can copy it down since you have a weird old version of finale and wouldn't be able to open my .mus file anyway.
Spoiler
[close]
I'm not sure how I feel about page 3's RH layer stuff. It works, it's accurate, but it feels messy. There's got to be a better way to notate it, but I don't have the time to fix it for you right now.

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 01, 2018, 10:09:25 AMSome general feedback because this sheet still has a bit to go.
Bassline sounds and looks great. No problems with that
Respace the systems a lot. Pg 1 has the lowest system getting way too close to the copyright, and the copyright itself is a bit to close to the bottomf othe page.
In addition, in other pages, the measure numbers are coliding with the page number and the title is wayyy too high. You are using the last page, so you might as well put more than one system on it. Also move the systems up a bit as they're close to the bottom.
On top of all this, you could resize the whole score to 90% to save some space.
I rewrote the RH of m21-28, and you can copy it down since you have a weird old version of finale and wouldn't be able to open my .mus file anyway.
Spoiler
[close]
I'm not sure how I feel about page 3's RH layer stuff. It works, it's accurate, but it feels messy. There's got to be a better way to notate it, but I don't have the time to fix it for you right now.

I've never used finale before in regards to page spacing and all that, so I'm not sure how to do it. Could you explain how possibly?
I don't know why the measure numbers are colliding with the page numbers, usually that doesn't happen. I'm generally using default settings, so it's weird.
I didn't know you could resize the score, how do you do that?

Thanks for the rewrite, didn't think of using chord rolls to keep the lower octave note

It's practically two voices, so not really sure how to go ahead with page 3+.

PlayfulPiano

Static

I went through this sheet to see if I could fix it up a bit, and I came up with this.

I checked the notes, applied most of the changes that were previously mentioned in this thread, and took another shot at m21-28.

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Static on June 04, 2018, 05:33:13 PMI went through this sheet to see if I could fix it up a bit, and I came up with this.

I checked the notes, applied most of the changes that were previously mentioned in this thread, and took another shot at m21-28.

It's updated now.

Sebastian

The only thing I have for this one is the 8va in M. 21-28. It's colliding with the notes. Fix that and we should be good.

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Sebastian on June 05, 2018, 07:39:38 AMThe only thing I have for this one is the 8va in M. 21-28. It's colliding with the notes. Fix that and we should be good.
Fixed.

PlayfulPiano

Did some small changes again, based on how I normally played the theme. Ones of note would be m40-41's right hand, might be the only one actually.

Maelstrom

ok, sorry this took a while.
in m23, 25, and 27, those 1st layer RH chords should just be octaves, not chords.

otherwise it looks great

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 18, 2018, 07:14:29 PMok, sorry this took a while.
in m23, 25, and 27, those 1st layer RH chords should just be octaves, not chords.

otherwise it looks great
Done

Sebastian

A final couple things:
- The bottom page (page 1) margin is very small is the top is huge. 
- The second/third page title is very close to the top of the page.

I understand that you only have Finale Notepad, so I can get these fixed for you when I get to my PC.

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Sebastian on June 19, 2018, 06:34:19 AMA final couple things:
- The bottom page (page 1) margin is very small is the top is huge. 
- The second/third page title is very close to the top of the page.

I understand that you only have Finale Notepad, so I can get these fixed for you when I get to my PC.
Ok, thank you.