Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy V
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Battle 1
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

AmpharosAndy

Nothing much to say about this un just

- Could the LH F in the intro bar be in the RH? Makes it much easier to play. Unless it looks really untidy
- Bar 6 rest clashing with notes a bit
- Bar 10 first beat clashing but I don't know how you could fix it...
innit

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on April 03, 2018, 04:03:20 AM- Could the LH F in the intro bar be in the RH? Makes it much easier to play. Unless it looks really untidy
I mean, it definitely could, but I think it looks a lot nicer to have the first half in the left hand & the second half in the right hand. It's more symmetrical that way ^_^

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on April 03, 2018, 04:03:20 AM- Bar 6 rest clashing with notes a bit
Fixed.

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on April 03, 2018, 04:03:20 AM- Bar 10 first beat clashing but I don't know how you could fix it...
I'm not really sure how to fix that either...

Quote from: Latios212 on April 04, 2018, 07:09:25 PMFixed
Thanks!

Yug_Guy

Maelstrom

can u not link 30 minute versions k thanks bye

1 - Formatting
Is it just me or is the game title a bit low?
RH m10 and 22 both have the same problem. The 2nd layer is screwing up the dot placement for the first. What if you removed the notes that were the same in both layers?
Maybe flip the tie down in RH b4.5 of m4 so it's consistent with the next measure?
Also maybe flip up the tie in m21 RH so it's not colliding with the sharp?
--An alternate solution to these things I thought of just now, as I was about to post: Why leave those first layer ties in m6 and 22 when there's no way the performer will actually hold them? Yes, they are that way in the original, but the performer doesn't care about  that. They want a sheet they can play easily. I'd say take out the tied first layer notes in m22 and 6 for sure, and maybe m5 as well. What do you think?

2 - Notes
Sounds great

3 - Theory/Performance
Have you considered adding staccatos to the downbeats of m15 and 16 of the LH, as well as to the upbeats of m17 and 18 to better match the original?
Also staccatos on the first LH note of m19 and 20. That's shorter than a quarter.
m14 LH b2 doesn't need that courtesy accidental at all. That note is never sharped, and the sharp right after it implies that it's natural.

All in all, pretty solid sheet. Do this, and it gets my approval.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 21, 2018, 07:34:51 PMcan u not link 30 minute versions k thanks bye
im sorry  :(

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 21, 2018, 07:34:51 PM1 - Formatting
Is it just me or is the game title a bit low?
RH m10 and 22 both have the same problem. The 2nd layer is screwing up the dot placement for the first. What if you removed the notes that were the same in both layers?
Maybe flip the tie down in RH b4.5 of m4 so it's consistent with the next measure?
Also maybe flip up the tie in m21 RH so it's not colliding with the sharp?
--An alternate solution to these things I thought of just now, as I was about to post: Why leave those first layer ties in m6 and 22 when there's no way the performer will actually hold them? Yes, they are that way in the original, but the performer doesn't care about  that. They want a sheet they can play easily. I'd say take out the tied first layer notes in m22 and 6 for sure, and maybe m5 as well. What do you think?

3 - Theory/Performance
Have you considered adding staccatos to the downbeats of m15 and 16 of the LH, as well as to the upbeats of m17 and 18 to better match the original?
Also staccatos on the first LH note of m19 and 20. That's shorter than a quarter.
m14 LH b2 doesn't need that courtesy accidental at all. That note is never sharped, and the sharp right after it implies that it's natural.
Done.

Yug_Guy

Discussed some changes with Sebastian over Discord & updated the files accordingly.

Sebastian

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Sebastian.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot