News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[SNES] Final Fantasy IV - "Battle 1" (Replacement) by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, April 02, 2018, 08:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy IV
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Battle 1
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Sebastian

Some feedback:
- M. 14 (LH): The eight note on beat 4.0 is a B.
- In M. 15 the C and G (second layer) are still being played. You can tie those over from M. 14.
- M. 18: Didn't know if you were aware, but there is a harmony part playing along with the second layer. You got it on beat 4 though.
- M. 19: Flip the first layer down and move the quarter rest down a bit so it's not hitting the whole notes.
- M. 20 (LH): The last two notes are E and then D.
- M. 22: Same as with M. 14.
- M. 27: Same as M. 19.
- The composer/arranger names are slightly off alignment. Go ahead and right-align those.

Good job with this sheet, by the way!

Yug_Guy

Static

Just popping in for a bit:

I tried playing this sheet, and it's great! The only problem I have is the running 16th note 3rds in measure 2. Now, I'm not a great pianist by any means, but this part I think is exceptionally difficult for anyone to play at 167 bpm. I would recommend either removing the bottom harmony entirely or only including it on the 1st and 5th 16th notes (beats 3 and 4).

Sebastian

Adding to what Static said...here is another option you could do (M. 13):
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/3424

Basically just have the performer leave out one of the notes if it's too hard for them.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Sebastian on May 16, 2018, 05:44:19 AMAdding to what Static said...here is another option you could do (M. 13):
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/3424

Basically just have the performer leave out one of the notes if it's too hard for them.
Yeah, usually I figure with some harder sections in my arrangements that if the performer finds any harmony or whatnot too daunting, that they can choose to not play a certain part and/or simplify it. In this case, I took Sebastian's advice and left a performer note at m.3 letting the performer know that they don't have to play the harmony.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot