[NES] Aladdin - "Prince Ali" by Jacopo Tore

Started by Zeta, March 25, 2018, 07:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Bump for Jacopo so we can get this one accepted.

Maelstrom

He's currently away from internet, so he'll get back to us when he can.

Sebastian

JacopoTore

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 25, 2018, 06:37:28 AMHe's currently away from internet, so he'll get back to us when he can.
Hi Maelstorm I'm back, I listened the song and I think the score is right, you are right about that and the (contemporary) notes are three. Thank you very much for the advice (the third repetition) I was fooled by the resemblance :) and the rush

JDMEK5

Reading off the PDF, I have some last formatting things:

- Margins seem kinda out of whack. Especially the top and right side. More space here please but reevaluate the others while you're at it.
- Lots of space at the bottom, but staves and copyright text is crammed together. Spread out please. Use all the space you have.
- Measure 12: Right hand holds an F, but left hand uses the same F on the off-beats. Consider substituting this note for another chord tone in the LH function, or omit this pitch. Or something else. Whatever you want really, so long as you have good reasons to justify it.
- Just to open the thought, since there is no dynamic variance at all throughout the piece (which I'm not saying is necessarily a problem), what if we don't use the forte at the beginning? Dynamics function as relevant to each other, so having one really doesn't have a ton of purpose. Leaving it open suggests the piece being open for individual interpretation, which is probably one of the best things that could be done in this piece. Unless you want to get more specific.

Otherwise a quaint score. Adequate so far as I can tell.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Maelstrom

Let's not start the "initial dynamic vs no initial dynamic" conversation again. Current policy is that sheets should have them.

JacopoTore

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 28, 2018, 06:31:42 PMConsider substituting this note for another chord tone in the LH function, or omit this pitch. Or something else. Whatever you want really, so long as you have good reasons to justify it.
questa situazione si presenta spesso in spartiti di musica classica l'esecutore chiaramente lascia ribattere la nota alla sinistra (dovra essere abile il pianista a differenziare le tipologie di tocco tra la destra e la sinistra) in questo modo si sentirà una polifonia anche nell'unisono senza bisogno di dover inserire una pausa alla destra, ben diversa è la situazione di sue Fa scritti in entrambe le mani omoritmicamente, a quel punto si possono aggiungere delle parentesi alla nota "meno importante" o anche no. Quindi dato che la mia scelta è stata fatta questa è la giustificazione, ringrazio ancora Maelstorm per avermi fatto notare DAVVERO TANTI PARTICOLARI che ho stupidamente ignorato. Grazie davvero

Google Translate:

this situation is often presented in classical music scores, the performer clearly leaves the note to the left (the pianist will have to be able to differentiate between the right and the left) in this way a polyphony will be heard even in unison without having to insert a pause to the right, the situation of his Fa is written in both hands omoritmically, at which point you can add parentheses to the note "less important" or not. So since my choice was made this is the justification, thank you again Maelstorm for pointing out to me REALLY MANY DETAILS that I stupidly ignored. Thank you very much

P.S. I resized margins

JacopoTore

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 28, 2018, 06:31:42 PM- Just to open the thought, since there is no dynamic variance at all throughout the piece (which I'm not saying is necessarily a problem), what if we don't use the forte at the beginning? Dynamics function as relevant to each other, so having one really doesn't have a ton of purpose. Leaving it open suggests the piece being open for individual interpretation, which is probably one of the best things that could be done in this piece. Unless you want to get more specific.

for the dynamic Malestorm has already answered for me, when I transcribed the first sheet included on this site immediately I was asked to insert a dynamic, I replied that there was no dynamic that was all the same, but I was asked to however, insert an initial dynamic, so from the day I always put a f at the beginning of the score because the music for NES usually does not alternate dynamics...

JacopoTore

Sebastian

Discussed over discord. Nice work, Jacopo!

Also, I updated the layout slightly since it was a tad cramped.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Sebastian.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot