News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [GBA] Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising - "Hawke Theme" (Replacement) by Fantastic Ike

Started by Zeta, March 20, 2018, 10:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Hawke Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Fantastic Ike

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

Fantastic Ike

Maelstrom

I hate to say this after making you wait for so long, but this arrangement has issues. So many, in fact, that it would require re-arranging the entire song to fix them. That's not my job, but I can tell you where this arrangement went wrong:
It seems fine until m5 changes the bassline before the original does, and even when the bassline in the original song does change, your transcription doesn't capture that change at all. Oh, and the changed bassline lasts for 4 measures, not 2.
The bassline from m9 on shows little creativity and doesn't do a good job of representing the original
8va marks should not go between the staves. Rather, you should put a bass cleff there in the RH instead.
The bassline in the final section doesn't give the same feel of the original either.
In short, there's pretty much nothing I'd leave the same about this arrangement if I were to fix it. It's just not good.

Sebastian

Archived for inactivity and amount of work needed

Please feel free to resubmit when you are able to respond to the feedback and get your sheet up to par. There are plenty of folks here that would be happy to help you get it up to par. For more real time responses and feedback, drop by here:

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=9689.0