Game: NieR: Automata
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Amusement Park
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

I did some weird stuff with this one. I started with the middle section, but then went back to the first section and ended with the transition between 1 and 2.

Khunjund

What was your intention when you decided to change around all the sections?

Is there a reason you didn't include the violin part where it plays along with the voice (or any form of filler harmony notes to make the texture more dense)?

In measures 51-58 (as well as 114-121), those should all be seventh chords in the left hand.

Measures 60-71, I don't know how you intend people to hold those bass notes senza pedale. Shouldn't you at least use the sostenuto pedal?
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Maelstrom

This has been updated with feedback from Daj.

Quote from: D3ath3657 on April 01, 2018, 12:25:02 PMWhat was your intention when you decided to change around all the sections?

Is there a reason you didn't include the violin part where it plays along with the voice (or any form of filler harmony notes to make the texture more dense)?

In measures 51-58 (as well as 114-121), those should all be seventh chords in the left hand.

Measures 60-71, I don't know how you intend people to hold those bass notes senza pedale. Shouldn't you at least use the sostenuto pedal?
Because it flowed better, and the OST is not representative of how it plays in the game

Yes, for playability

No, they're not

The sostenuto is implied. The senza ped is to indicate that normal pedal is no longer held

Sebastian

This one looks pretty good to me. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Latios212

"Amusment Park"... please spell that correctly xD Something happened at the end of the URL too.

- Fix the slurs in 13 and 29, they begin way above the notes.
- Could use a courtesy natural in m. 62.
- Check m. 57 (around 3:59 in the video you linked). The E sounds flatted there to me.
- I don't think the chord in m. 58 is right. It sounds sorta like a Dsus4 to me, but not 100% sure. Double check this.
- Check the above two points for m. 120-121 as well.
- m. 49 is missing the second half of the measure in the RH. Did you mean to put a half rest?

Also, could you briefly explain how the sections fit together? I'm a bit confused.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Fixed, nice catch on those.

Ok, here's how the sections work. Since the OST has variations that aren't in the game and there are variations in the game that aren't in the OST, I created my own variation leading from the simple version to the loud. The first, quiet section is in the middle of the MP3, which transitions to the part right after that in the MP3, which then transitions into the medium version at the beginning of the MP3. This goes until the transition to the quiet version as it happens in the MP3, and a custom ending instead of looping back to the beginning.

Does that make sense?

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot