News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

TWG CII: Sign-then-drive event

Started by mikey, March 18, 2018, 06:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which game?

mikey's "Guns to Get Ready"
brainylucario's "Shattered" (Steven Universe)
dudeman's "Srcmalbed Eggs"
blackdragonslayer's "Seerious Moonlight"
olimar12345's "That Woomy Game: Octo Expansion"

Dudeman

Some dicking around in Discord resulted in this mess of a game

TWG CII: Srcmalbed Eggs
Wolves:
1. Wolf Chef: During one night phase, the Wolf Chef may choose to randomly scramble the powers of the special roles for the rest of the game. It will be publicly announced at the end of the phase that the scramble has been activated. The scramble is effective immediately, meaning if a special targets a player, their target will receive the effects of the scrambled power and not the original power. The scramble may cause a power belonging to a dead special to be inherited by a living special. The scramble cannot be blocked.
2. Gordon Ramsay: Has a one-use kill any phase that goes into effect at the end of that phase. Bypasses guards.

Specials:
Specials are told they are a special, but not which one.
3. Confused Seer: Every night phase, can choose one player. At the end of that phase, is told the color of that player.
4. Paranoid Guardian: Every night phase, can choose to guard one player of their choosing from being wolfed. Can guard themself.
5. Anxious Roleblocker: Every night phase, can choose to block the night action of one player of their choosing.
6. Frivolous Vigilante: Every night phase, can choose to kill one player of their choosing unless they are being guarded. Can vigi themself.

Humans:
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human
10. Anton Ego: A normal human, seer'd red. Is told they are a normal human.

Humans/specials win when all wolves are dead.
Wolves win when the number of remaining humans/specials is less than or equal to the number of remaining wolves.
Cardflips are off.

EDIT: Did some balancing tweaks (hopefully)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

brainy, what happens when Jasper is in a final two scenario?

also, don't call peridot the psychic- the psychic knows how many wolves are left and is an established role
unmotivated

Dudeman

I did quite a bit of fiddling with Srcmalbed Eggs just now, so if anyone only glanced at it before, I encourage you to give it another read.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

Fixed up my game as well

Quote from: mikey on March 20, 2018, 05:42:40 PMbrainy, what happens when Jasper is in a final two scenario?

It's considered parity
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

BlackDragonSlayer

TWG: Seerious Moonlight

The year is 200_. Famed musician David Bowie is reminiscing about the Serious Moonlight Tour, which, while not as good as the Isolar II Tour, was still a pretty good tour. Meanwhile, a group of obsessive superfans are plotting to kidnap David Bowie and... well, they don't actually know what they'll do once they have him.

Wolves:
1. David Bowie: Famous musician who is unknowingly at the center of a kidnapping plot. Each night, he may paint one player of his choosing either blue, red, or orange, and seer another player of his choosing.
2. Duncan Jones: Director of Moon and son of David Bowie. While the superfans aren't looking for him particularly, he's still an obstacle to their mission. Can seer one player of his choosing each night.

Humans:
3. David Bowie Fan: Each night, they can choose to seer one player.
4. David Bowie Fan
5. David Bowie Fan
6. David Bowie Fan
7. David Bowie Fan
8. Newbie: While they're still an obsessive fan of David Bowie, they don't own a copy of Santa Monica '72, so they're looked down upon by the other fans. Is told they're a David Bowie Fan.
9. Addict: Takes inspiration from David Bowie a bit too seriously. When they seer a player, they get a random color result. Is told they're a normal David Bowie Fan.

Third Party:
10. The Ghost of Andy Warhol: Can paint up to three players each night either blue, red, or orange. If they forgo one painting, they get an extra lynching vote. If they forgo another one, they get another vote. If they do not paint anyone, then they are immune to the wolfing for that night. Wins, non-overriding, when all players alive at the end of the game have been painted at least once. Can win when dead.

Cardflips show apparent color.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

I'm getting strong Seeriously! vibes from this game...

BlackDragonSlayer

That's fair to say. :P Toby brought it up last game, so since I don't want to chop my other game down to size, I decided to try something similar, except most of the shenanigans come from paintings rather than messed-up seering results.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

The issue I see is that no one has any vested interest in killing the third party. He can just claim day one and be like yo guys, imma paint everyone then afk. Maybe make his wincon overidding?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

If it's overriding, I'm almost certain they're going to end up winning. Their power is inherently hostile to humans, and they can still be killed by wolves if they try any "funny business" like that (especially because they have voting powers they'll probably use later in the game).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 22, 2018, 12:11:37 AMIf it's overriding, I'm almost certain they're going to end up winning. Their power is inherently hostile to humans, and they can still be killed by wolves if they try any "funny business" like that (especially because they have voting powers they'll probably use later in the game).

Being overriding or not doesn't change their likelyhood of winning (if anything, it makes it harder to win since people are more inclined to stop you.) If it's that easy to win with the role then it needs to be nerfed, regardless of if it stops other people from winning or not.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

The only thing stopping them from winning is death. Given that they have three paintings each night, there's already a high chance of them winning if they make it to at least Night 2. Though, I don't see how that's a bad thing: it doesn't need to be nerfed unless it's overriding. It's pretty much just a factor to add a little spice to the game and help the gimmick work more smoothly.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

I should probably mention that I'll sub.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Olimar12345

That Woomy Game 2-my: Octo Expansion

1. Agent 8 (octoling)
2. inkling
3. inkling
4. inkling
5. inkling
6. inkling
7. inkling
8. inkling
9. inkling
10. Cap'n Cuttlefish

You are Agent 8, a mysterious octoling with no recollection of the past. After awaking in a sketchy underground facility, you encounter a gentleman named Cap'n Cuttlefish who wants to help. After a short while you stumble across a place called Inkopolis, but something doesn't seem right... There is no power and all of the resident inklings are out for your head! Perhaps Cap'n Cuttlefish can reason with them? That will take time, though...

This game has no wolfings. Instead, the game is timed to last no more than five days. The game ends with an inkling victory once Agent 8 is splat-lynched. The game ends with an octoling victory if Agent 8 is not lynched after the fifth day. Cap'n Cuttlefish wins with Agent 8.

Agent 8 means no harm. They are, however, equipt with the silencer: a modified Octoshot that stuns its target, muting them for the next day/night cycle. Must be activated during night phases by pm-ing the host. Muted players cannot post, participate in chat, send private messages, or vote. The game becomes read-only for them during this time. Agent 8 is told who Cap'n Cuttlefish is at the start of the game via their role pm.

Cap'n Cuttlefish has carisma, and their lynch vote counts twice. Cap'n Cuttlefish is told who Agent 8 is at the start of the game via their role pm.

The following items might also find their way into the game.
-Squid Beakon: A device that allows the user to seer one player's color during a night phase.
-Splash Wall: A barrier made of falling ink. It blocks enemy fire.
-Autobomb: A bomb that insta-kills it's target. May only be used during a night phase. Basically a one-shot vigi.

This game starts on a night phase (normal). During the night phases Agent 8 may shoot players. During day phases everyone votes on a player to splat.

There are no cardflips upon death.

The postgame for this game might also get a phase-by-phase photoshopped comic to tell the tale of what happens.

Role PMs
You are Agent 8. ________ is Cap'n Cuttlefish.

You are an inkling. Woomy!

You are Cap'n Cuttlefish. ________ is Agent 8.
[close]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

unmotivated

BrainyLucario

5 games wow. I'm probably not gonna win this, but the other games are sure to be exciting as well!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.