Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: The Sims 3
Console: PC
Title: The Sims 3 Theme
Instrumentation Two Pianos
Arranger: Travys Redgwell

BonesEXE

!ATTENTION! THE MUS FILE DOES NOT MATCH THE PDF FILE!
This is because I do my work in Sibelius and rather than bother multiple people to make a proper mus file for me for every edit I think it would just be easier if i make my edits on the sib files and when it is perfect then I will get a final copy made. I hope that works for the time being!

That being said, this is one of my favourite game themes in history and was super fun to make. I hope you guys enjoy, and I look forward to any advice!
Clackity clack clack
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Ginger5010

AmpharosAndy

YES SIMS 3!! Thank you for doing this haha :D

Really nice arrangement in general, looks good for two people to play together. Chord symbols aren't really used on site so I don't know whether they should stay? Quite handy though tbh
innit

BonesEXE

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on April 18, 2018, 05:07:46 AMYES SIMS 3!! Thank you for doing this haha :D

Really nice arrangement in general, looks good for two people to play together. Chord symbols aren't really used on site so I don't know whether they should stay? Quite handy though tbh

Ahaha thank you! I know many of the sheets don't have chord symbols on them, but my previously accepted sheet of "Deep Castle" from MALBIS had chord symbols on it so I don't think it's a problem. Plus is makes is way easier for a guitarist, or bassist to play along with the piano anyways.
Clackity clack clack

BonesEXE

Clackity clack clack

JDMEK5

Woo this is a nice looking sheet! Also, I love the chord chart; I'm all for that.

Though I completely agree with your plan and reasoning for using a PDF for your final copy, unfortunately with the way things roll around here, you will need an MUS version that also matches the PDF. Though to be honest, you could perhaps find individuals to help you accomplish this, considering how fast the update process goes and, consequently, how fast you'll possibly be able to get sheets on the site. That all being said, the comments below are based off the PDF file you have:

- Maybe just some spacing cleaning. A little more space between RH and LH staves of the Piano II part in the first system, and a little less space between the first and second systems on the first page for a start. The last page could also really benefit from spacing. I mean, all the pages in general though really.
- Measure 5, Piano II, RH, Beat 1: You're gonna want to put in some indication of what you want here. As I'm sure you're already aware, this is impossible to play as you have written, and while I don't think you meant to play these notes literally, I'm left confused as to what you do want.
- Measure 12, Piano II, RH: With the exception of the extraordinarily huge-handed people that exist in rare amount, your low G voice is not going to be able to be held. This would ordinarily be covered with use of the pedal, but since everything else going on is staccato, that kinda kills that option. Think of how you'd like to clear this up.
- Measure 16, Piano I: I don't think the smaller sized notes or text saying "small notes = countermelody" is necessary. Any pianist competent enough to play this in the first place should deduce this with only the use of the second voice (which you've done). I'm not necessarily saying you need to get rid of it/revert it (is extra info really a problem?.), but bear it in mind for future reference.
- Measure 34, Piano I, RH, Beat 1: With this interval being more than an octave, be prepared for it to be rolled. I bring this up because I could see that effect really ruining the feel you're trying to get. Give it a try though if you can; I haven't tested it myself. Maybe it does work after all.
- Measure 44, Piano II, RH, Beat 1: See my second point.
- Measure 47, Piano I, RH: See my third point, though with no staccato going on here, maybe pedal is an option here which would fix your problem. If you do want pedal to fill in the gaps, you don't have to mark it in accordingly; it'll help keep people from using pedal too much and making it obvious.
- Measure 44-46, Piano I, RH: Excellent use of smaller sized notes. Well done.
- Measure 56 and 60, Piano II, RH: See my third point.
- Measure 62, Piano II, RH, Beat 1: See my second point.

That's all for now; I also have not run a note check yet but it looks nicely arranged. I'll have a listen when I have more time on my hands.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

BonesEXE

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 02, 2018, 03:31:38 PMWoo this is a nice looking sheet! Also, I love the chord chart; I'm all for that.

Though I completely agree with your plan and reasoning for using a PDF for your final copy, unfortunately with the way things roll around here, you will need an MUS version that also matches the PDF. Though to be honest, you could perhaps find individuals to help you accomplish this, considering how fast the update process goes and, consequently, how fast you'll possibly be able to get sheets on the site. That all being said, the comments below are based off the PDF file you have:

- Maybe just some spacing cleaning. A little more space between RH and LH staves of the Piano II part in the first system, and a little less space between the first and second systems on the first page for a start. The last page could also really benefit from spacing. I mean, all the pages in general though really.
- Measure 5, Piano II, RH, Beat 1: You're gonna want to put in some indication of what you want here. As I'm sure you're already aware, this is impossible to play as you have written, and while I don't think you meant to play these notes literally, I'm left confused as to what you do want.
- Measure 12, Piano II, RH: With the exception of the extraordinarily huge-handed people that exist in rare amount, your low G voice is not going to be able to be held. This would ordinarily be covered with use of the pedal, but since everything else going on is staccato, that kinda kills that option. Think of how you'd like to clear this up.
- Measure 16, Piano I: I don't think the smaller sized notes or text saying "small notes = countermelody" is necessary. Any pianist competent enough to play this in the first place should deduce this with only the use of the second voice (which you've done). I'm not necessarily saying you need to get rid of it/revert it (is extra info really a problem?.), but bear it in mind for future reference.
- Measure 34, Piano I, RH, Beat 1: With this interval being more than an octave, be prepared for it to be rolled. I bring this up because I could see that effect really ruining the feel you're trying to get. Give it a try though if you can; I haven't tested it myself. Maybe it does work after all.
- Measure 44, Piano II, RH, Beat 1: See my second point.
- Measure 47, Piano I, RH: See my third point, though with no staccato going on here, maybe pedal is an option here which would fix your problem. If you do want pedal to fill in the gaps, you don't have to mark it in accordingly; it'll help keep people from using pedal too much and making it obvious.
- Measure 44-46, Piano I, RH: Excellent use of smaller sized notes. Well done.
- Measure 56 and 60, Piano II, RH: See my third point.
- Measure 62, Piano II, RH, Beat 1: See my second point.

That's all for now; I also have not run a note check yet but it looks nicely arranged. I'll have a listen when I have more time on my hands.

In regards to the pdf and mus file situation, I am fully aware of the need for a mus file to mach however as I stated in my original post I wanted to wait until much of the editing was finished before a final copy was made to same the time of others who would be helping me in that aspect. Hopefully that is understandable.

Haha yes, I agree with all of the spacing issues and the limitation of the human playing capabilities when it comes to the chords I have written. To be entirely honest, unlike my other sheets this one was arranged to be more of a condensed full score I suppose. I attempted to maintain the note placements as heard in the original. I will most certainly have to re-arrange many of the chords and such to fit the playing capabilities of an actual human (perhaps osia staves for extended parts?)

Thank you for your feedback!
Clackity clack clack

JDMEK5

Quote from: BonesEXE on May 04, 2018, 10:13:37 PMIn regards to the pdf and mus file situation, I am fully aware of the need for a mus file to mach however as I stated in my original post I wanted to wait until much of the editing was finished before a final copy was made to same the time of others who would be helping me in that aspect. Hopefully that is understandable.
Totally hear ya. So long as you're aware; your plan sounds sensible.

Quote from: BonesEXE on May 04, 2018, 10:13:37 PMHaha yes, I agree with all of the spacing issues and the limitation of the human playing capabilities when it comes to the chords I have written. To be entirely honest, unlike my other sheets this one was arranged to be more of a condensed full score I suppose. I attempted to maintain the note placements as heard in the original. I will most certainly have to re-arrange many of the chords and such to fit the playing capabilities of an actual human (perhaps osia staves for extended parts?)
Yup, renegotiate these spots how you like. I've no problems with ossia so long as its clear. So yeah, if you can clean up a PDF to revisit, I'll run a final looksie and you can be on your way.

Just post back in here when you've updated your files so I know when to check again.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Archived for inactivity

This sheet is coming along pretty well. Please go ahead and resubmit when you're able to get JD's suggestions updated. : )