News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Need .mus File!

Started by Captain Toad, March 11, 2018, 04:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Toad

Hi,
I want to submit a new arrangement to the site, but I can't get a .mus file.
Could somebody please convert the attached midi to .mus?

Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AVhC3di4neuGyo06xgJUrqL-F6Fb0e5i/view?usp=sharing
"There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..."
      -Grimsley, from Pokemon White Version

YT: RebornPKMN

Trasdegi

What program do you use? It can probably export a .xml file, which you can import in Finale Notepad 2012 (a free version of finale) which can create mus files. Midi files aren't a good format to use to convert between formats because it saves no formatting at all.

Captain Toad

I am using Flat (flat.io). It's works nice for me because it's web based (school doesn't allow unauthorized apps).

Same reason I cannot get Finale. I do have Audacity and Garageband though, if that would help somehow.
"There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..."

Maelstrom

Do you have a non-school computer? It's kind of important to be able to use notation software...

Captain Toad

Yeah, I do. I havn't been able to find the download for the free version of Notepad.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

braix

From flat, you can export your score as an XML file...

After that you can just open the XML in Finale and save it as a MUS file. You might need to do some formatting but this would be the quickest way to do it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BrainyLucario

Aww..that Braixen avatar in top right brings back some good memories
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

le gasp-y-you still use that???
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Captain Toad

Alright, thanks! I'll do that!

Maelstrom

I remember when braix was zoroark

braix

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 17, 2018, 07:07:05 PMle gasp-y-you still use that???
of course, why wouldnt i still be using it ❤

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 18, 2018, 12:18:32 PMI remember when braix was zoroark
i, too, remember when i was 13. it sucked.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.