News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Guess the Challenger (Smash for Switch Edition)

Started by Brawler4Ever, March 09, 2018, 09:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawler4Ever

Super Smash Bros for the Switch has been announced, and a great deal of speculation has taken hold of the Nintendo community. I thought that it might be fun to make a game of it. The game is simple: guess the characters found in the fiery silhouette.

The picture can be found here.

The picture can also be found in this video.

There are 3 ways to get points.

1) Guess the character: If the character you guess is in the game, that's 1 point.

2) Adjacency bonus: This method is contingent on Scenario A being fulfilled. For every character adjacent to each other that you get correct, you get additive points. For example, if you guess that Mario, Link,  Pikachu, and Kirby are in a row (in that order) and you get it right, you would get 1+2+3+4 points, on top of the 1 point per correct guess from guess the character. There can be multiple adjacency bonuses per post.

3) Guess the amount: This method is contingent on Scenario A being fulfilled. If the total number of characters that you guess is equal to the number of characters in the silhouette, you get 5 points.

The game ends when one of two conditions is met:

Scenario A: If at any point in its advertisements, Nintendo unveils the fighters in the order that they were found for this trailer, the game ends. With this information, adjacency bonus and the correct number of characters can both be accurately counted without speculation.
Scenario A can also be enacted even if the roster is not officially announced. This is contingent on an unofficial roster be made by the NSM community in good faith. The exact details of this procedure will be decided at a later time, if needed.

Scenario B: Smash Bros for Switch is released. If, by the time the game releases and Nintendo does not unveil the character roster shown in the trailer, and an unofficial roster is not created by the NSM community, then only the first point method will be established.

RULES

1) Players must make a post listing the characters that they believe are in the trailer, going from left to right. There is a maximum number of 20 characters per guess list, per user.

Example
1) Mario
2) Link
3) Kirby
4) Pikachu
[close]

2) Players only have one guess. Posts with the character list CANNOT be edited or deleted. Doing so entails immediate disqualification.

3) Player(s) with the most points wins.

Depending on how Nintendo chooses to unveil its roster, there may be a significant time difference between the end of the game and the announcement of the winner. For example, if Nintendo unveils the roster found in front of the logo at E3, adjacency points and total number of character points can be accurately determined. However, the guess the character section will still need to be calculated, so the winner won't be announced officially until the game is released and the full character is made known.

The reward for winning is bragging rights. Have fun!
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Brawler4Ever

TIPS AND STUFF

1) Due to the (lack of) copyright information found at the end of the trailer, it is highly unlikely that 3rd party characters are featured in the trailer. You probably won't see Pac-Man or Mega Man in the trailer, for example. You're free to still guess them, of course, since they can still be found in the game at the end.

2) If your list is less than 20 characters, you can supplement your list with other characters that you think might be in the game, but not shown in the trailer.

Dudeman

1) Yoshi
2) Pit
3) Donkey Kong
4) Princess Peach
5) Ness
6) Marth
7) Mario
8 ) Link
9) Captain Falcon
10) Pikachu (under CF)
11) Samus
12) Kirby (under Samus)
13) Bowser
14) Shulk (I'm seeing a Monado in there, I swear)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Brawler4Ever

My guess list:

1) Yoshi
2) Pit
3) Donkey Kong
4) Rosalina
5) Peach
6) Ness
7) Marth
8) Mario
9) Link
10) Luigi
11) Sheik
12) Pikachu
13) Samus
14) Kirby
15) Jigglypuff
16) Bowser
17) Fox
18) Captain Falcon
19) Wario
20)Inkling

Dude

Brawler4Ever

Dekkadeci

• Yoshi
  • Pit
  • Donkey Kong
  • Peach
  • Ness
  • Marth
  • Mario
  • Link
  • Sheik
  • Pikachu
  • Samus
  • Kirby (under Samus)
  • Zelda
  • Bowser
  • Fox
  • Captain Falcon
  • Wario
  • Inkling (watch the dang trailer)
  • Luigi
  • Meta Knight

SuperMarina

Ez.

1) Yoshi
2) Pit
3) Donkey Kong
4) Peach
5) Ness
6) Marth
7) Mario
8) (BotW) Link
9) Sheik
10) Pikachu
11) Samus
12) Kirby (under Samus)
13) (TP) Zelda
14) Bowser
15) Fox
16) Captain Falcon
17) Wario
(Above is the silhouette. Below are other characters.)

18) Inkling, duh.
19) Shulk will be returning.
20) Bayonetta will be returning.
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.