News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Nintendo Direct 3.8.2018 Discussion

Started by Olimar12345, March 09, 2018, 08:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What were some of your favorite parts of the direct?

WarioWare Gold
Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey
Detective Pikachu + amiibo
Luigi's Mansion
Kirby Star Allies
Okami HD
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido
Octopath Traveler
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
Dark Souls Remastered + amiibo
Mario Tennis Aces
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Undertale
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Little Nightmares: Complete Edition
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
ARMS US & Canada Online Open PLUS ARMS Global Testpunch
Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC PLUS ver 3.0
Super Smash Bros.

Trainer Ave

Shoot Mikey just reminded me I'd like to see Ninten in there but he's probably best as a Ness swap
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mikey on March 10, 2018, 11:22:18 AMI think SS impa would be a great choice.  Zelda needs another character

Also, with the localization of Mother and its general popularity I could see them adding another character from the series, hopefully Jeff.

I feel like Sonic characters would always be clones so I'm opposed to additions there.  Ice Climbers coming back could be nice too, since they can't lean on the "3DS is weaksauce" argument.  I think Shovel Knight and Shantae have both been successful enough to deserve slots in 5mash as well.

Shantae in smash would be amazing
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Dekkadeci

In terms of Smash Bros. for Switch:

I also expect the Ice Climbers to come back. They'd better make 4-8 Ice Climbers players work on the mobile portion of the Switch. My personal prediction for them: the Ice Climbers will be the best character on the tier list by the 1-year anniversary mark--they traditionally have an enormously steep learning curve, but very strong players are capable of flanking you to heck and back.

As much as Bandana Waddle Dee would be hilarious, I personally suspect character roster freezes or even subtractions for many series, including the Kirby series. (I think the Kirby roster will be frozen, not subtracted from--I've read that Sakurai kept trying to stick King Dedede and Meta Knight in the first 2 Smash games, only to run into space and other problems.)

I don't think we'll get any more Square Enix characters. I suspect we got only the original Final Fantasy VII battle themes (not remixes) as DLC in Smash Bros. 4 for a reason--the licensing must be hell.

I thought through possible Gen 7 playable character Pokemon in Smash 5, and I also came to the conclusion that Decidueye looks like the most plausible one. It's a starter with an unorthodox fighting style (OK, it fights the most like Pit), and it was a fan favourite at the start of the Gen 7 spoiler cycle.

I'm hoping that Solid Snake comes back, at least as belated DLC. License that guy out again, Konami.

I'm also hoping that Shovel Knight will be a character. Maybe Shield Knight will be in his Final Smash?

I agree with Isaac from Golden Sun for Smash 5, although I'm fine with Felix instead. (You want screwy? Alex for Smash 5.)

From what I've read, Sakurai and buds have reinforced that they have issues with making Ridley a playable character, so I think he'll just be a stage obstacle instead again. I'm hoping for Dyna Blade as a stage obstacle, though! (And Queen Sectonia as a trophy.)

I'm part-dreading that Undertale characters will be in Smash 5. The only one I'll fully accept in Smash 5 is Undyne--she fights and behaves the part. The rest don't seem to have enough reasons to get in a Cruel Brawl.

Music-wise, I have a lot of hopes, but they all depend on this one--there had better be more remixes in Smash 5. Knowing the other 4-5 Smash Bros. OSTs, they'd better and they will hit it out of the park again. Don't disappoint me.

BrainyLucario

Undyne would be pretty cool, though I highly doubt they'll put Undertale Characters in it. I need to play that game again. I haven't touched it in about a year and It always brings back memories of my first time on the site
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: BrainyLucario on March 13, 2018, 02:43:46 PMUndyne would be pretty cool, though I highly doubt they'll put Undertale Characters in it.
I suspect the most likely way for Undertale characters to sneak into Smash Bros. is for them to win a popularity poll. And based on the Youtube comment proliferation and the continued reception my Undertale rearrangements still get on Musescore, I think Undertale can still cleanly win a popularity poll. (Put it this way--I've listened to Undertale remixes from Japanese arrangers. The fandom has crossed the pond. I've also read an account of someone trying to translate the game into Hebrew.)

I also believe that Sakurai and buds will hold another popularity poll for Smash 5 after that game's released.

SuperMarina

Daddy Sakurai, please make Smash good.
That's all I want for Christmas.
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

Splatoon Inkling

Totally Octo expansion, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey and smash! ;D

LeviR.star

You really ought to join our Discord server, inkling.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on July 28, 2018, 07:48:28 PMTotally Octo expansion, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey and smash! ;D
Please stop bumping old topics. This is obnoxious and doesn't do much more than show your inability to understand good forum etiquette.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

^^ What Dudeman said. Also, the reason I bring up Discord is because you seem to like small talk, Inkling. If you want people to be engaged and talk about stuff with you, one of the best ways is through a live chat, which we happen to have. It's where most of our discussion takes place nowadays.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Splatoon Inkling

Ok I will quit bumping old topics but I don't know if my mom would want me to have discord. I understand and I will stop.