News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Nintendo Direct March 8 Comments

Started by SlowPokemon, March 09, 2018, 06:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Most exciting game announcement?

Super Smash Bros.
WarioWare Gold
Dillon's Dead Heat-Breakers
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Adventure
Okami
Sushi Striker
No More Heroes
Captain Toad
Undertale
Crash Bandicoot
South Park (really?)
Luigi's Mansion

Maelstrom

Btw sushi striker was announced at E3 last year, making it not a new game.

And DLC isn't a game, Olimar

Olimar12345

Depends on what your definition of a "game" is. Dlc can sometimes encompass a new gaming experience, such as how octo expansion is its own game mode and story etc, while sometimes dlc can be less, such as added in-game items or features. This case is definitely the former.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

It may be a new gaming experience, but it's an expansion pack, not a standalone game. Unless you can play it without already owning a previously released game, it's nothing more than new content.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

It in and of itself is a game. What you need to play the game is an irrelevant point to make, because all video games have some sort or requirement to play. You must own the console, have controllers, etc. Just because you have to buy the rest of the game to activate it doesn't disqualify the experience of an expansion game as a game itself. If anything, it's better than having to buy a second cart and pay more for either a physical release or a digital sale that would have to include more of the original game.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

I once again bring up the shovel knight point
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Yeah, but equipment costs are not equivalent, it's like saying you need to buy a car in order to drive it, or have a phone to make a phone call. Like, of course you need the console to play video games. The thing is with this you're essentially spending $80 to play it, when if was a standalone product you'd only spend $20, maybe $30.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

You're missing my point pretty hard there. Requirements to get the game running do not add value or devalue the content of the game itself. Octo Expansion still will include its own extremely extensive story mode that is separate from the current splatoon 2 gameplay. Yes you need to own Splatoon 2 to own it (just like you would need to own the console to boot it) but it stands as it's own game.

mikey

is minecraft a game
I mean, it's more like something that lets you play other games isn't it
unmotivated

WaluigiTime64

luigi's balloon world is my favourite game
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Olimar12345

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Olimar12345

Sorry, I just really, really don't like Captain Toad.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dude

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 10, 2018, 01:37:29 PMSorry, I just really, really don't like Captain Toad.

I don't care if it's actually not a toad, the picture's funny