NSM 100th Anniversary Twiggy Awards!

Started by mikey, March 04, 2018, 04:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I'm done waiting for dudeman

Greetings, everyone.  Welcome to NSM's Twiggy Awards, an offshoot of the slightly more cutthroat Superlatives.  Similarly to the superlatives, these awards display excellence in several categories to both a winner and a runner up.  However, unlike the superlatives these awards are based on rudimentary statistics and therefore can be considered objective.

Without further ado, let's get underway with...

The Best Host!
The best host is...
Monika!
Wait, no.  I had the paper upside down, backwards, and folded into a mobius strip.

Congratulations davy for your excellent hosting abilities!  And congratulations to our runner up mikey for being not even half as good of a host.
[close]

The Best Wolf!
The best wolf is...
BlackDragonSlayer!
I have a feeling this is just because you've played the most games of wolf in the games I analyzed, but you won nearly all of them, so that puts you ahead of the runner up, Olimar12345!  Congratulations to the both of you.
[close]

The Best Human!
The best human is...
COMING UP RIGHT AFTER THESE MESSAGES!
*advertisements play*
WELCOME BACK TO THE TWIGGY AWARDS!  YOUR AWARD WINNER FOR BEST HUMAN IS...

FireArrow, for some reason.  Probably has something to do with the way you manage to kill multiple wolves in the games you play, but I'm no expert.  Our runner up for this category is the one and only davy.  Give yourself a pat on the back.  You deserve it.  It looks like you end up dying early more often than FireArrow, so that's where the difference is made.
[close]

The Best Survivor!
The best survivor is...
E. Gadd Industries!  As wolf and as town, you've survived to endgame more than any other player, only dying at all a handful of times.  Congratulations to your survival instincts.  Our survivor runner up is Olimar12345 for being almost as good at surviving.
[close]

The Best Game!
The best game is...
TWG XC- Spliter Personalities!  Congratulations to davy for making such an exciting strategy driven game for such a small number of players!  Our runner up is TWG XCVI- The Great Minnesota Get-Together, because I'm biased.  Wait, it's because I calculated best game by length and general postgame sentiment.  (Sorry, Get in the Bag!  You were close!)
[close]

Our final award of the night is...

The Most Active!
The most active player is...
Mikey himself!  You do a good job of saying such stupid stuff that everyone rushes in to start talking.  You're the most active player yourself and you generate the most activity.  Our runner up is BrainyLucario for acting similarly, especially in recent games.  If you think about it, this award is not nearly so positive as it ought to be...
[close]

Congratulations to everyone who was nominated, and for those of you who weren't, keep trying, and next year's TWG awards will likely be expanded, since there are a lot of TWG statistics to break down over the summer!
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

This is actually pretty cool. I wasn't so sure about this before but, I'm on board now.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

E. Gadd Industries

Thank you, everyone! I just want to say a few things for anyone aspiring to survive as long as I can.
It's all a simple process that I follow every time I play, and it works on most occasions! ...well, maybe not simple for me, but I've managed to condense my thought process into three key steps on how to survive in TWG:
  • Improvise
  • Adapt
  • Overcome
  • Profit
...ignore that last step...
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

FireArrow

Didn't realize I played enough to be in this but....

QuoteFireArrow, for some reason.
QuoteOur runner up for this category is the one and only davy. You deserve it.

well fuck you too
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

I could always switch those awards around :^)

you caught the back end of my cutoff just barely with a few games
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

i had an epiphany

when i'm a human everybody wants to lynch me because of what a good wolf i am

but when i'm a wolf i'm such a good wolf that nobody wants to lynch me
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Shit! He's on to us! Put your human suits back on, he can't find out we're all a bunch of wolves with keyboards!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book