News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

TWG CI Sign-Ups

Started by davy, March 04, 2018, 06:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

And TWG CI will be...

Maestro's My Name is Mephistopheles
6 (42.9%)
Mikey's Hydradoodle (hosted by BrainyLucario)
10 (71.4%)
FireArrow's True Love's Kiss
5 (35.7%)
BlackDragonSlayer's In the Era of the Daytime Moon
5 (35.7%)
davy's A Faction Festival
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: March 11, 2018, 03:53:23 AM

davy

In, also in for hosting with my game from last sign-ups.

1. davy
2. Trasdegi
3. ThatHiddenCharacter
4. Olimar12345
5. BrainyLucario
6. mikey
7. E. Gadd Industries
8. FireArrow
9. MaestroUGC
10. Dudeman
11. BlackDragonSlayer
12. Maelstrom
13. TheZeldaPianist
14. Supernova_b
15. blueflower999

Potential hosts:

1. davy
2. BrainyLucario
3. MaestroUGC
4. FireArrow
5. BlackDragonSlayer
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

ThatHiddenCharacter

In. I swear I'll do better this time, I swear!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

In for hosting and playing
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

in

I'll come up with a game but not hosting
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

In

Ima try to host in a few games maybe
And it won't be awful this time
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MaestroUGC

In

I'm also debating designing a game, depends on how long we have to do so.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mikey on March 04, 2018, 09:24:40 AMin

I'll come up with a game but not hosting
I could host your game for you noc
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

In because why the fuck not.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

In and in to host as well. Depending on how many players there are, I might adjust my last game idea or make a new one.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

MaestroUGC

So I think I'll go ahead and throw in a game to host with my old Mephistopheles concept.

TWG XLIII: My Name is Mephistopheles

X Players:
3 Wolves (red) - The wolf team knows who each other are.
Faust - Seer* (blue)
Gretchen - Guardian* (blue)
X Humans (green)

*There's a 50/50 chance for seering and guardings to be effective. A coin flip will occur between the two roles and the winner's power will work. The other player will be told their power was unsuccessful.

Let's make a deal,

I have three of my agents scattered amongst you, the goal of the game is to seek them out and kill them. I have given to you, and only by the Grace of God, two allies to help you in this task. I'd rather have nothing more to do with these people, but my hands here are tied.

Your allies aren't terribly effective though, but I'm no monster so I'm willing to shift the balance. You want something to help you, and I can help you get it. I don't care what it is, and you don't care how you get it. There is a catch, though, as nothing in this world comes for free.

This is not an ordinary game of TWG, as each player can make a deal with the devil for any reason at any time. You can make a deal for whatever you wish, and I will tell you what it will cost you. I can deny any deal I wish, and you can only have one contract at a time.
Be creative in your deals, you can get anything your heart desires. There are a few ground rules, however; a few deals that the powers that be will not permit me to make:

- You cannot kill anybody; no insta-lynchings or additional wolfings.
 - You cannot violate the laws of time and space, no phase extensions or reductions.
 - You cannot resurrect anybody; I'm not in the saving business, death is permanent.
 - You cannot prevent other players from being able to make deals.
 - You cannot change victory conditions; the wolves win when their number equal the humans, and humans win when all the wolves are dead.

I have a few ground rules of my own that you should understand before making a deal. I may not be holy, but I never said I wasn't fair:

- All deals revolve around fair trade; something must give for you to get.
 - I get to decide what is given up for you to get what you want, and you will be told the cost, but not who will pay it or how.
 - Once the deal is struck, it is final; you cannot back out of it for any reason.
 - You cannot ask for information regarding deals with other players.

Making a Deal:
If you want to make a deal, all you have to do is call me via PM:

"I, [insert name], wish for [the deal you wish to strike] to be executed in the following manner:
List the details."
I will reply:
"I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant [name] the [deal you wish to make] in the following manner:
Details,
 At the cost of [to be determined]."

All you have to do then is reply with the phrase "I agree to this contract" and give your signature, or state that the deal is off. Once the deal is struck it will be given an identification number, randomly generated, and all parties will refer to it as such from that point on.

I advise you to be as clear and detailed as possible, otherwise you will give me the right to execute the deal in any manner I see fitting. If you feel I haven't lived up to my end of the bargain, you can take your case to the thread and allow them to resolve it by popular consensus through a jury of the damned. Whatever they decide will be final and I will abide by it. You cannot strike the same deal twice, if you back out from an earlier deal you cannot ask me about it later.

Once more to be perfectly clear:
You cannot discuss any aspect of these deals with anybody. You cannot tell anybody that you've struck a deal, the nature of a deal, or question other players about deals they might've had.

Jury of the Damned:
Comprised of all deceased players, it is their duty to decide the legitimacy of the claim against the host and look over all material pertaining to the issue. This happens in real-time and will not interrupt the game, meaning whenever they reach a decision is when they reach a decision. No deadlines, no idle periods of play. Once the player announces he has an issue with me, I will convene the jury and we will handle the matter in private. Once the Jury has made their decision it will be total and final, and their decision will be announced to the thread.

To summon the jury, make a post in the thread saying:
"I want to contest Deal X on the grounds that [state your issue]."
After which I will summon the jury via PM and we will handle it from there. We will both state our cases, with the plaintiff presenting first, and hand the Jury all PMs regarding the deal. They will deliberate with no input from either of us. If necessary we will bring in a third party to resolve the matter, such a party will not be a current player. However, I would advise you to consider if an outcome or occurrence does not happen has you desired or planned, odds are good another player's deal might have had an impact on it.

All deals with me are confidential; you will not be allowed to discuss your deal or its terms to any other player. Doing so is a breach in contract and I have every right to collect your debt. "What is your debt?" you may ask. In order to play this game, you will agree to sign over your soul to me until this game is completed. You have no obligation to sign this contract, and there will be no penalty against you if don't. However, if you if you think you can survive this game and win, all you have to do is sign on the dotted line.

Name your price,

Mephistopheles
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.