News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Little Known Music Facts

Started by SlowPokemon, February 27, 2018, 11:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Quote from: Dude on February 27, 2018, 08:43:17 PM120 bpm is one beat every half of a second
That's actually how I keep track of time without a clock if I need to count seconds - I can never internalize exactly how long or short a second is, but I do remember how fast Route 201 from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl is.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dude

I always think of the postman minigame thing in Majora's mask.

Sebastian

@Slow
Oh, yeah. Mahler has got some great stuff.

SlowPokemon

Little known music facts, part 2

-It is a common false stereotype that all trumpet players are arrogant. In fact, all musicians are arrogant and trumpet players are simply the loudest.

-All pianists are gay. Chopin and Liszt were lovers, and Fanny Hensel enjoyed a brief tryst with Clara Schumann during the latter's youth.

-Euphonium was voted "Most 'This Can't Be a Real Instrument'" among non-musicians.

-Schubert died at the young age of 31, which is especially astonishing when you consider that if you played all of his lieder from start to finish, the duration would be roughly 37 years.

-Every so-called atonal piece is actually in F-sharp minor. Look it up.

-Chopin's famous funeral march in B-flat minor is one of the lengthiest piano pieces in the repertoire, a single performance lasting anywhere from eight minutes to what feels like several hours.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Latios212 on February 27, 2018, 08:47:42 PMThat's actually how I keep track of time without a clock if I need to count seconds - I can never internalize exactly how long or short a second is, but I do remember how fast Route 201 from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl is.
I think I've had to use Megalovania as a 120-bpm benchmark timer song before.

SlowPokemon

^the easier one is the Mii channel theme honestly

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

my mission with these is to kill dudeman from a lack of air

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 28, 2018, 07:26:18 AM-Euphonium was voted "Most 'This Can't Be a Real Instrument'" among non-musicians.
Aha! I always had my suspicions...

E. Gadd Industries

These are amazing, thank you for them <3
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

Little known music facts, part 3

-Robert Schumann was known for writing in the personas of fictional characters he invented, including Florestan, Eusebius, and Mama Sass

-"Mazurka" is both a type of dance and what people in old times used to call their mother's hurka

-If you don't immediately like a piece of music the first time you hear it, you will hate it forever and should not under any circumstances try to understand why others find it interesting

-No one has ever heard of Scriabin

-Beethoven was known during his life as the "piano bang bang guy"

-Some contemporary composers are known for using extended techniques, such as using a non-percussive instrument percussively, playing directly on strings of a piano, or screaming in frustration because you just wanted to play romantic music dammit

LeviR.star

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 01, 2018, 05:06:55 AM-If you don't immediately like a piece of music the first time you hear it, you will hate it forever and should not under any circumstances try to understand why others find it interesting

Everything in this sentence is completely opposite for me and Mega Man II.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dude

Oh lol when I posted my music fact, I didn't read any other posts and just assumed this topic was serious.

How wrong I was.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

Pretty soon, Dudeman will only be able to post in Base64
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.