[WiiU] Super Mario 3D World - "Captain Toad's Fiery Finale" by Sebastian

Started by Zeta, February 24, 2018, 11:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 30, 2018, 07:56:03 AMDominant chords =/= major chords either. EM7 would be E Major 7, containing E G# B D#. E7 would be E dominant, containing E G# B D, being eligible for being a secondary dominant.
Yeah, you're right. I went temporarily insane there for a second. My theory teacher would've drawn and quartered me if she knew I referred to the dominant like I did. xDD

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 30, 2018, 07:56:03 AMDominant chords =/= major chords either. EM7 would be E Major 7, containing E G# B D#. E7 would be E dominant, containing E G# B D, being eligible for being a secondary dominant.

The M/m thing is correct terminology though btw. Lately I've been using a single m for minor and "Maj" for major because it is more comon in jazz notation like that.
Ok, good. Just making sure I didn't go insane. Permanently insane, no. Temporarily insane, yes. lol xD

Anyway, I'll be updating the files when I get back to my PC.

Latios212

Cool, just a couple things from me.

Try making this look less awkward. The beam angles downward weirdly and the staccato is on the staff line.

Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

And courtesy accidentals - I don't feel like the Bb in measure 25 is particularly helpful.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Sebastian asked me to update the files due to conversion problems, so I went ahead and did that.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 29, 2018, 09:21:54 PM-Measures 22-23 need to be built around F°7, since the figures are all descending by half-step (21-22 are F#°7, 22-23 are F°7, 25 is E°7).
I disagree here - though I can see how m. 23-24 function in the way that you mentioned, it's just kinda awful to read. I personally think here it'd be best just to make it easier on the eyes.

That said, Sebastian said he'd be fine keeping it that way, and I'm okay with that, as it's a rather small section. Good to go!

(For the record, I do agree with the rest of the spellings, like the Ab-Cb in measure 2.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta