NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

TWG 100th Anniversary: Dinner and a Show

Started by mikey, February 15, 2018, 10:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monika

Hmmm...

Why do you play TWG, E. Gadd?

Seems like you just get upset and people misread you every time.

In fact, why do any of you play TWG?  It's not the kind of game you play just to win.  None of you signed up to win.  Most of you aren't really having fun either.  What's the point of this game anyway?

See, I think people enjoy a conflict narrative.  Mikey wanted to have a story as a way for you all to visualize the conflict actually happening in the game.  That's the cool thing about literature- It can often go a level deeper than our expectations.  It's easy to enjoy reading something, but it's also easy to miss the symbolism or purpose behind the story.  Ehehehe, I'm getting off topic!

Watching the game unfold wasn't good enough for me.  I need to be the one pulling the strings.

Writing a story would be easy for me, but it would take away from the conflict narrative of the game itself. That's what I think.

From my point of view, you're all writing the story together!  The real way to win TWG is to make an exciting game, not to reach your team's win condition as fast as possible.

I guess it's weird for me to be arguing against writing literature!  But that's really what I think.~
I hope we can be friends!~

davy

Currently we have 2 confirmed humans (E. Gadd and me), who are clearly not going to get lynched this phase.

Then we have 2 players seer'd green (Bubbles and FA). At most one of them is a wolf (which would be the master wolf) and neither of them is Monika. Since Monika is so close to exploding right now, I think we should aim to kill her this phase. Charu can't be monika since he has been here for only 2 night phases and there are three players that have been marked. That means Bubbles FA and Charu should be disregarded as lynch targets today. Also, since there are 9 players left with 4 of them having non-human roles, it is very important that the five of us agree on a lynch target, otherwise we might get wolf rushed.

That leaves 4 players: Maestro, THC, MSF and lkjhgfdsa. In other words, the player that gave up, the player that descended into madness and two pretty inactive players.

Votes:
Maestro: davy, THC, BDS, Maestro
THC: davy, Brainy, no vote, TZP
MSF: davy, Dudeman, BDS, TZP
lkjfhgfdsa: no vote, no vote, no vote, no vote

I was thinking about looking at their posts in depth, but there really isn't much to say about MSF and lkjhgfdsa's posts since they have so few and the other two players have something that overshadows all of their other posts (giving up and descending into madness).

If Maestro is Monika, him acting like he has given up would be very unsportsmanlike, and I would be very dissapointed in Maestro as a player if he pulled that stunt. Therefore I am tempted to believe he is a human who doesn't realise that giving up makes the game harder for the humans than attempting to continue to play.

If THC is Monika, he knew he would be under fire for his playstyle and knew he had to be alive to win the game, so him descending into madness seems like a move to make us think he is the Traitor (which is now impossible) or the Needy Wolf which would cause us not to lynch him. I can definitely see him do this. I can also imagine he is a human and is trolling because it seems like he will get lynched for his playstyle anyways, so I could see him wanting to have a little fun before getting lynched.

I don't really see how E. Gadd's reaction test against Lkjhgfdsa works, and in isolation I didn't found his defence post too suspicious. However, considering the fact that he barely made any other posts and his only other big posts is about the OP's, he does seem to be a good candidate to be Monika. For a third party, getting lynched is game over, and by being inactive, you have a chance to be overlooked, so by only posting when he is under fire, he can attempt to prolong his staying in the game.

MSF is playing a lot like Lkjhgfdsa except he actually votes and posts a bit more. MSF is also a candidate for being Monika, but I see no reason to vote him over Lkjhgfdsa. If you are human though, PLEASE POST MORE.

In short, I am in favor of a Lkjhgfdsa or THC lynch. I am open for a MSF or Maestro lynch. I am against a lynch on anyone else.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Bubbles

davy idk when you're going to sleep but i'll try my best to get this out noww

my two main suspicions are THC and Maestro. tbh I'm not totally sure how THC is still alive, I thought we were all under the impression that he was the traitor but that's irrelevant now. I could see him being the needy, but monika seems unlikely. Maestro dipping smells like monika to me for reasons I've said before, mainly that it's a third party role and publicly announcing your permenant inactivity seems more justifiable when you're playing for your own team and wouldn't drag anyone down with you. Sure Monika is working with the wolves, but regardless the wolves are their own team and should be able to win without a third party's help (or at least in the eyes of Maestro, that could've been the justification behind it)

hoping to elaborate and include more players later. sorry this weeks been tough

FireArrow

1. MSF
Despite the fact that MSF has been posting a bit, for the content he's putting forward he may as well be not posting at all. The vast majority of his posts have been him claiming to have no idea whats going on and asking for the status quo so he can follow suit. One big give away for wolves is not putting effort into wolf hunting, and he fits this to a T. Seems more concerned with appearing useful than actually being concerned with the human win con. There is one big exception to this that puts him at the top of my list. D1 is the only day he went against the what everyone was doing at the time and initiated the vote switch to davy that swung the lynch. Let me rephrase that: The only time MSF activiely tried to wolf hunt and contribute original thought to the thread was to change his vote off raeko, a known wolf. Although Monika wins with the wolf, she can still win alone and I don't see her sticking her neck out to save an inactive wolf from a d1 lynch so I'm 90% certain MSF is one of the three remaining wolves. We should probably be trying to lynch Monika so he may not be the best lynch target.

2. lkjhgfdsa
Similar behavior to MSF but simply not posting at all. What really bothers me about him is his complete apathy towards the human win con. Apperantly, he's had no suspicions throughout the entire game and is putting literally 0 effort into wolf hunting. His only posts have been about trying to figure out the meaning behind phase changes and defending himself against Egadd's reaction test (while the defense was good, the fact that you felt that post was more necessary than anything else you could of said was really sus.) Normally I'd write him off as a human that just doesn't care about the game, but he popped in to defend himself which shows he does have some vested interest in that at least. While MSFs behavior comes across as more wolfy, I find lkjhgfdsa to be more like that of a third party so he'd be my prefered lynch target today.

3. THC
Seemed to be genuiely trying for a bit, although his posts were mostly useless. When people called him out on it he decided to just run around trolling. Wolves are the only people who really care about PR so I feel a human would still keep trying to wolf hunt regardless of what anyone says to them. He did have a genuine push for Brainy which appeared human (wolves don't like to make enemies!) and I guess he could just be a sensitive guy that couldn't take the heat?

4. Maestro
If someone doesn't post a defense, ya lynch them. Standard stuff. Despite being lower on my list, he's right up there with llkjhgfdsa as a lynch target. "I'm human, just lynch me" is a sort of low level mind game wolves sometimes try to pull because people expect wolves to kick and scream when accused (hence reaction tests.) I say low level, because anyone expirienced knows that a human would never do that, especially in a MYLO situation. With the way he's been playing all game, it's the kind of thing I'd expect from him anyways. Additionally, if the wolves have been in contact with TZP, I feel TZP would be much more inclined to pull the stunt that he did if it meant saving a wolf. I'm listing him as 4th on my list because unlike the players above him, he's been actively trying to wolf hunt and help humans, even if some of his actions may of been questionable. In addition, despite what Charu said, I feel like if Maestro was a wolf he would of tried to convince Egadd not to use his revive and possible even wolf him to force the MYLO sooner. Basically, I would be leaning human if it wasn't for his "just lynch me" post, which really just makes me wanna lynch him.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Monika

I enjoy rereading the thread to try and pick up on things people might have said with the knowledge of their role.  Take this, for example~
Quote from: SuperMarina on February 18, 2018, 12:19:06 PMWhat is this? DDLC?
SuperMarina saw it coming, I guess!  Ehehehehe.

E. Gadd Industries

Bold names in this post are for organisation purposes, not votes.
So I'm going to analyse all players that are still alive, instead of just suspicions. This way, everything can be addressed.

davy

Hiiiiiii davy. Uh... you're Khajit.
...yeah, that's all I have.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Okay, I seriously don't know what your deal is. You seem like you've got a classic case of bats in the belfry or something. You were doing fine until people started calling you on your posts that kinda appeared to help, but mostly just restated. Then this happened. And tbh it's hard to follow. But bonus points for when people started ignoring you under the assumption that you were the traitor. But the traitor's gone now, so you don't have any role to hide behind. That said, I tend to agree with the thought that you're the Needy wolf above cohort or master, so I'm not going to actively rally against you quite yet. You can be saved for later.

MaestroUGC

Hoo boy... this is kinda awkward... look, at the time you seemed wolfy to me. But I just can't be sure now. Brainy seemed awfully adamant about the importance of trusting your humanity (although it would've been nice to have had an explanation of his thoughts...), and the fact that you didn't kill me before I used my revive. I mean, sure, the seer is arguably more important, but what's one more seer to reviving a person that could put humans at a clear advantage for the rest of the game? Idk. You're pretty low on my list for the time being.

E. Gadd Industries

O hai

mastersuperfan

Admittedly, you've been fairly off my radar this entire game. But your lack of posting (especially something relatively helpful) is worth noting. Idk, my views of you are split, but others build a pretty convincing case against you. I could see you being Cohort though.

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Heh... what can be said except what's been stated before? Your response to my reaction test worries me, as you didn't ask for any proof or explanation why I said what I said. Humour or not, explanations are crucially important for this game, as they could lead to new developments and reads, at least in my mind. Even after that small exchange, I proceeded to ask you who you were suspicious of. You never responded, until prompted a second time, in which case you basically said "Idk, but check it out, I made a cool post about the host's posting discrepancies. It's pretty cool." In addition, your astonishing lack of posting needs accounting, too. Have you even once posted something useful? For any side, for that matter? And the least solid evidence, but still needs to be addressed: the same night I spoke to you, I was marked. I only spoke to four people that night phase: Marina, Brainy, Maestro, and yourself. And I honestly don't think Maestro would throw in the towel if he were Monika, as he would be at least somewhat close to winning as Monika.

Bubbles

I've been suspicious of you since fairly early on in the game, and even after your being seer'd green, these suspicions didn't go away. Call it a gut feeling, if you like, but upon further analysis, I think I have a reason, or a few. Firstly, you posted once right as the game began, and didn't post again until page 6, in which case you made note of the weirdness of there not being a wolfing N1. From there, you concluded it was most likely Inactivity (to hide the obvious fact that the wolves hit Monika N1, which they quite obviously did, in hindsight), and you then voted for the completely inactive ThiccWifeSiccLife. So in other words, an inactive person... blaming Inactivity... and then pinning it on an inactive person. Huh. That's a lil weird. From there, most of your posting from what I've seen has consisted mostly of "Guyssssssss I'm sick and it sucks and I feel like I'm dying, but Ima try to play tomorrow!" I get it. Playing games like this while sick does suck, but we don't need to be reminded of this 3-4 times, now do we? It's like you're hiding behind an excuse. There's probably more coming here, but I want to review posts again to get my facts straight before doing so.

FireArrow

You were seer'd green, and the only way you could be master wolf is if Bubbles isn't, and I feel like there's more condemning evidence with Bubbles' case than yours. Plus, you knew of both mine & Marina's special roles for a while and never killed us. So uhhhhhhh yeah. You're a human lean for me.

Charu

Your rage quit episode makes me believe you're human, although that was slightly inconvenient because I can't talk to you on Discord then. I like to be able to PM players on Discord; it's more direct that way. But I digress. You seem fairly human otherwise, trying to find wolves fairly aggressively, although I have to say, I don't always understand your logic.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Bubbles on February 27, 2018, 03:19:39 PMthis is sketch to me because our names in the story aren't what we expected them to be. I was Michael Buble, but apparently not. I'm sure other players who know their names can back me up on this (i remember someone else's mentioning it but idr who). Brainy couldn't have known which player he was, and even if he did that's a real stretch to assume he was the brutal (i.e. the only role he could've been with a regular pm)

This is the post I was thinking of. This is really the only major(?) thing you've contributed, and even then it was shot down. As I emphasised in a post before this, the story doesn't hold much significance with our actual selves. Only Brainy seemed to think so. In addition, this is hyperfocused on a detail that arguably wasn't all that pertinent to the current situation, insofar as I can see: affirming Marina's seer role
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Monika

davy

So, it seems to me that Lkjhgfdsa is the prefered lynch here. I really hope he is Monika, though, because if we don't lynch Monika this phase, we are in trouble.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MaestroUGC

All caught up now, and it looks like the consensus LKJ. Looking everything over I agree he's been putting in the bare minimum to seem like an active player but hasn't done really anything. His big post about the updates I think is the biggest tell, because I think he's actively trying to distract players from the game at hand by focusing on irrelevant details of the updates and stories.

I still hold that Bubbles is a wolf for similar reasons, but more along the line of "going with the flow just enough to show activity". Her being sick is a convenient excuse for this, but if she were a vanilla human, I doubt she'd even go through the effort if this were the case.

Lkjhgfdsa_77
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Monika

Votecount:
4 votes for Lkjhgfdsa_77 (E. Gadd Industries, davy, FireArrow, MaestroUGC)

Charu

Charu

I get trying to lynch Monika, but I have doubts for going after people who are just not engaged.

I mean, how much has Lkjhgfdsa has actually said? Their presence is super not there. Has anyone else, besides E.Gadd, even tried to talk to this person one on one?

Charu

Anyways, in no particular order, just grabbing it from host post.

davy - I don't care, he's confirmed.

ThatHiddenCharacter - Don't like him, has been super silent as of late after goading for his lynch. I'd put him in WOLF status

MaestroUGC - For someone that stated they got caught and then proceeded not to do anything for the remainder of the previous day phase, you're awfully quick to jump on this wagon. Perhaps this is the final person you need lynched to set off your nuke, Monika? If not that, then you're a wolf seeing some town forgave you and joined back in the fray to capitalize on sympathy points. I don't trust you after that stunt, sorry. Unless I see your flip, I'm just going to be that way to you for the rest of the game if it keeps going.

E. Gadd Industries - I don't care, he's confirmed.

MasterSuperFan - Super MIA this phase. I mean... so am I, but whoa. However, will say this player has shown to be constantly out of the loop whenever they pop up in Discord. I'd wager this is a towny!

Lkjhgfdsa_77 - In a perfect world, I wanna say this person isn't Monika. However, the possibility of them being a plain ol' wolf is pretty high. I think if anything, I'd expect a red flip if we lynch this player and not the Monika flip.

Bubbles - Meh... I suppose one could say (though it's entirely angely so...) despite fever taking this player's toll, they kept on at it regardless. Maybe a wolf? I mean, I guess one piece of evidence you could showcase them being town is them not being on top of the seer calls when that was going on. On the other hand, you could say this player is a wolf because they seem to only conveniently appear when someone starts a conversation regarding something important. I don't believe I've seen Bubbles actively starting a convo.

REGARDLESS OF ALL THIS THOUGH.

Bubbles was seered green, but since the Master Wolf is still in play, I'll just leave Bubbles at a big fat NULL for it could be town or wolf.

FireArrow - They also got seer checked green, however, there is STILL the possibility that they are the master wolf. Yes, I know our fake seer called them Monika, but they were the TRAITOR which means they probably didn't know Flash was a wolf to begin with. I say... it's pretty tough, I'd lynch FireArrow only and ONLY IF Final 3 occurs. He's got more mechanical reasons on his side than Bubbles does (despite it being 1/3 chance of being nullified currently). Pretty strong opinion that they're town!

Charu - HENLO