TWG 100th Anniversary: Dinner and a Show

Started by mikey, February 15, 2018, 10:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Monika

Vote count:
1 vote for ThatHiddenCharacter (BlackDragonSlayer)
4 votes for BlackDragonSlayer (MaestroUGC, Charu, FireArrow, BrainyLucario)
I hope we can be friends!~

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

MaestroUGC

Nobody else place a vote for BDS. We want to avoid an insta to see if a counterclaim occurs.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Oh, and according to the rules, phantoms are a thing, and since I already have one, I don't want to get another. So safety:
E. Gadd Industries
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SuperMarina

Avoiding phantom like E Gadd. I'm gonna bulli Bubbles. Not like it matters. We know the result.
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

Monika

Chapter 7
Tyler's head hurt.
Something was wrong.  He couldn't remember last night at all.  Just trying to think about it made his head hurt.  He gingerly squeezed his temples between his forefinger and thumb, grimacing.  Why couldn't he remember?
He sat on the edge of his bed.  Was this the work of the ghosts?  When he thought about the past few days, it seemed so surreal.  In the space of 48 hours his entire world had been turned upside down.  Another 24 hours had gone by in a flash.  The last thing he remembered was...  Michael disappearing.  Gerik still seemed awfully distraught over it.  He wondered if those two had been close.
Suddenly, he heard a knock on his door.  A piece of paper slid under the crack.  He gingerly stepped toward the door and picked up the note.
   "My good friend tyler;
   Of all the people from the village who are trapped here, i am glad you're among us.  Nobody else I know is as courageous.  Knowing you're a cormaci gives me hope that you will lead us out of this death trap.
   -Always look on the bright side
!"[/size]
Tyler narrowed his eyes.  There was something wrong with this note.  First of all, he didn't know anyone from the village, aside from Travis.  Second of all, this person's handwriting was really sloppy, seemingly intentionally.  The weird lack of capitalization on the first "I" and the "c" in Cormaci also confused him.  Shoving the mystery note in his pocket, he wriggled into a striped sweater and stepped out into the hall.
Half-tripping down the stairs, he made his way to the dining room.  Everyone else was already there.
Addison was already giving a speech.
"...when the 16 of us first got here, we didn't really know what to expect.  But thanks to Skyler's help, I'm certain of it now.  In roughly two days, the night of the autumn equinox is a full moon.  I believe by then the spirits will lose all influence on the corporeal plane, with one caveat- if we fail to follow their instructions, they will almost certainly become entirely malevolent.
"That leaves us with just two more sacrifices to make.  I know you're all worried about the coven among us, which seems to be going about making their own calls.  For now, let's focus on disbanding this coven.  We are lucky indeed that nothing seemed to happen last night, but I would not like to take chances."
"Well then, should we start our vote?  Might as well get it over with."  Rachel sighed.
General mutters of agreement.  There was a weird tension of trust and mistrust in the air.
"Addison Gardiner."
"Miguel del Rey."
"Miguel del Rey."
"Rachel von Karma."
"Addison Gardiner."
"Zachary Sharpe."
"Zachary Sharpe."
"Zachary Sharpe."
"Zachary Sharpe."
"Zachary Sharpe."
Zachary looked dumbfounded.  "Is this a conspiracy?  Do you really think I would have killed my own brother?"
Gerik glared at him.  "You voted for Michael, too.  I'm guessing I'm next, right?  Zachary Sharpe."
"Well, that's exactly half, so we have no need to make any more votes."
Zachary's face contorted trying to cycle through all the emotions he was feeling.  Finally, he broke down and started sobbing.  "Fine.  Maybe I'll see my brother again, you monsters."
Clearly uncomfortable, Addison ushered everyone out of the dining room.  "Once we've made a choice, I don't think the ghosts will let us change it.  I feel bad for poor Zachary, but this is democracy."  He shook his head.  "When will this end?"
Zachary's crying continued.  Addison took a pocketwatch out of his suitcoat.  "He should be taken by now.  I wonder what's going on?"
He opened the door a crack.  He could hear Zachary, but couldn't see him.  Interesting, he thought.  I couldn't have predicted that.
He turned to the uncomfortable guests in the hall.  "Well, Zachary is gone.  The sobbing seems to be a tactic by the spirits to get under our skin.  I would suggest getting used to it."
Zachary buried his head into his knees.  He was curled up in the attic with his back to the wall.
"I'm sorry, Zachary, I really am.  I never meant for any of this to happen."
"WHY ISN'T HE HERE?!"
"Listen- there's a lot going on here that even I don't understand.  Once you've calmed down sufficiently, you, me, Michael, and the cat-man will talk, all right?"
Zachary continued to cry.  "I always knew he was going to be the successful one... I was so jealous of him.  Now he doesn't get the chance he deserves."
Mikey frowned.  "Try to get some rest.  Maybe you'll feel better tomorrow.  In the meantime, just think about what's been going on and be ready to tell me everything you feel comfortable sharing.  For now, just don't sweat it, all right?  I know you've been through a lot."
He turned back to the desk.  "They've all been through a lot," he muttered under his breath.  "And I was wrong- it wasn't them.  It never was."

END OF PART ONE
[close]
Game
TWG 100: Dinner and a Show

Wolf team- as a team, the wolves may choose one player to kill each night.  Wins at parity.
1. Master Wolf- Each night, can send a PM to the host with the name of target player.  If that player is still alive, the Master Wolf receives a PM with the color of that player.  The Master wolf is seered green.
"I smell you... Your fear..."
2. Wolf Cohort- Has no special powers.  Is seered red.
"Fresh BLOOD!"
3. Wolf Cohort- Has no special powers.  Is seered red.
"Fresh BLOOD!"
4. Needy Wolf- If the needy wolf is the last wolf alive, the wolf team loses their wolf kill.  Is seered red.
"I smell... you?"

Human team- wins when all threats to the team are dead.
5. Seer- Each night, may send a PM to the host with the name of target player.  If that player is alive, receives a PM with the color of that player.  Is seered blue.
"No-one and no-wolf will get past me."
6. Brutal Human- If the brutal human is wolfkilled, one wolf at random is killed as well.  Is not told they are the Brutal Human.  Is seered blue.
"Whatever it takes."
7. One-shot Reviver- Once per game, during a night phase, may send the host a PM with the name of a player.  If that player is dead, they will be revived at the beginning of the following night phase.  Is seered blue.
"I'm here for you."
8. Miller- is seered red.  Is not told they're the Miller.
"I'm doing things my way.  Step aside."
9. Traitor- counts for human numbers, but wins with the wolves.  Is seered red.
"You'll all see soon enough..."
10. Sayori- is told she's a normal human.  Is seered Monika.
"There are rainclouds... and they won't go away."
11. Vanilla Human- is seered green.
"Something's wrong."
12. Vanilla Human- is seered green.
"Something's wrong."
13. Vanilla Human- is seered green.
"Something's wrong."
14. Vanilla Human- is seered green.
"Something's wrong."
15. Vanilla Human- is seered green.
"Something's wrong."
16. Khajiit- Begins the game with every item, but cannot use them.  Once each night (except for Night 1), may distribute a single item to target player by sending a PM to the host with that player's name.
"Khajiit has wares, if you have coin."

Third Party- counts for numbers of neither team.
17. M̦̣͓̀ ̟̖Ò̦̦͖͔͖̜ ̡̱̲͓̞͔͖Ǹ͎̳̳͍͖̟ ̜̥̭͕̤ͅI̱͉̥ ̭̪K͇͕̺̭͞ ̫̹̘͇͍A̩̪͢- wins when it's just Monika.  Can't be wolf-killed.  Each night, may send the host a PM with the name of target player.  If that player is alive, becomes marked. Marked players are privately told they have been marked.  When the number of living marked players becomes greater than or equal to the number of living unmarked players, Monika may send a PM to the host containing the word "boom" to have all living marked players die.  Is seered literally every color except for red, purple, green, and blue.If wolves would win while Monika is still alive, Monika and the wolves both win.
"...What's the point when none of it is even real?"

Items:
Candlestick
Revolver
Rope
Lead Pipe
Knife
Wrench

When a player dies, their role will be revealed.
[close]
Players:

1. davy
2. ThatHiddenCharacter
3. BrainyLucario
4. SuperMarina
5. Dudeman
6. BlackDragonSlayer

7. MaestroUGC
8. Trasdegi
9. raeko
10. TheZeldaPianist
11. E. Gadd Industries
12. MasterSuperFan
13. Lkjhgfdsa_77
14. Bubbles
15. FireArrow
16. Charu

Substitute: Maelstrom

BlackDragonSlayer has died.  He was Zachary Sharpe, a Vanilla Human.  Well, he had red hair, I guess.  It is now Night 4.  Night 4 ends in 24 hours, at 9:00 PM CST on February 25, regardless of when the actual update arrives.

PS
I'd like to make sure this game is really memorable.  I hope this game isn't... driving you crazy!  If there's any feedback you have with how the game is going so far and if you'd like to see me implement some mystery mechanics, please let me know~
[close]

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Not sure if this is important, but I'm noticing multiple inconsistencies and oddities in the phase change posts, particularly the player list.

In the OP, TheZeldaPianist's name listed as 5th out of 16, between SuperMarina and Dudeman -
Quote from: mikey on February 15, 2018, 10:22:09 AM4. SuperMarina
5. TheZeldaPianist
6. Dudeman
Starting Day 1, their name is listed as 17th, after ThiccWifeSiccLife -
Quote from: mikey on February 16, 2018, 07:00:20 PM16. ThiccWifeSiccLife
17. TheZeldaPianist
Starting Night 4, their name is listed as 10th, between raeko and E. Gadd Industries -
Quote from: mikey on February 24, 2018, 07:00:19 PM9. raeko
10. TheZeldaPianist
11. E. Gadd Industries

There are also inconsistencies with how killed players are treated. On Night 2, davy's name is crossed out with his role only being mentioned after the player list -
Quote from: mikey on February 18, 2018, 07:10:13 PM1. davy
On Day 2, davy and Trasdegi's names are crossed out with both their roles being displayed by their names.
Quote from: mikey on February 19, 2018, 07:00:20 PM1. davy Khajiit
9. Trasdegi Daniel Sharpe
Starting Night 3, davy, Dudeman, and Trasdegi's names are crossed out with no roles displayed by their names -
Quote from: mikey on February 21, 2018, 06:52:09 PM1. davy
6. Dudeman
9. Trasdegi
Starting Day 3, Olimar12345's name is removed from the player list instead of being crossed out, with the numbering skipping from 4 to 6, skipping 5, Olimar's number from the previous phase -
Quote from: mikey on February 22, 2018, 07:00:20 PM4. SuperMarina
6. Dudeman
Starting Night 4, Olimar12345's name is removed from the player list, but the numbering does not skip 5 -
Quote from: mikey on February 24, 2018, 07:00:19 PM4. SuperMarina
5. Dudeman
In the OP, Olimar12345's name is removed from the player list, with the numbering not skipping 5 -
Quote from: mikey on February 15, 2018, 10:22:09 AM4. SuperMarina
5. TheZeldaPianist

As I have mentioned in the Discord chat, the character "晦" used as the chapter number for Day 3's post translates from Chinese as "dark," "obscure," and "night." In Japanese, it is used in compound words such as "last day of the month," "to fool," "obscure," and "darkness."
"ChÁpter 晦" from Day 3 also has the word "monika" written six times amid the random characters.

On Night 4, the chapter starting with "Tyler's head hurt." is labeled as Chapter 7, assumingly counting "ChÁpter 晦" as Chapter 6 -
Quote from: mikey on February 24, 2018, 07:00:19 PM
Chapter 7
[close]
In the chapter list below the OP, this chapter is referred to as "Chapter 6," with "ChÁpter 晦" being omitted -
Quote from: mikey on February 15, 2018, 12:46:04 PM
Chapter 5
[close]
Chapter 6
[close]
(snipping contents of chapters for character count reasons)

Some small text at the bottom of the Night 4 post reads -
Quote from: mikey on February 24, 2018, 07:00:19 PMOh, man.  I hope I did this right.  I tried my best to imitate his writing style...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If I counted correctly, there are 1,110 "x"s.
The second dot in the ellipsis of the PS is actually small text -
Quote from: mikey on February 24, 2018, 07:00:19 PMI hope this game isn't.not. driving you crazy!

...that should be it. Hopefully this information turns out to be useful.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Monika