News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

TWG 100th Anniversary: Dinner and a Show

Started by mikey, February 15, 2018, 10:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

I think it's a decent case in the beginning of the game if coupled with other things. It's pretty common for wolves to try to slide under the radar for the first few phases before rearing their ugly heads.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Monika

Votecount:
davy- (Olimar12345, ThatHiddenCharacter, ) 2
ThiccWifeSiccLife- (Bubbles, ) 1
Olimar12345- (davy, TheZeldaPianist, ) 2
ThatHiddenCharacter- (Dudeman, BlackDragonSlayer, ) 2
raeko- (FireArrow, BrainyLucario, trasdegi) 3
I hope we can be friends!~

MaestroUGC

Davy

My thinking is this:
While I think it's unlikely all 4 wolves were inactive, I don think a few were while the others may not have been able to communicate. Now I know this isn't much to go on, but I do think that if one or two veterans are wolves, but we're not able to partake during night one, the others might have just waited for a seasoned player to make the move. Now this might be flimsy, but if say a wolf player was separated by several time zones and had the misfortune of being inactive, then you'd have a pretty solid chance for a missed wolfing.

This might not be where the conversation is at at this point, but it's where I'm at.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SuperMarina

Raeko

For what's been said in argument against them, my thoughts align, and I haven't exactly had time to voice them, whether to support or argue. The general argument of whether inactivity equates to wolves us a tad stretched to me, but I keep hearing it repeated and repeated that inactivity shouldn't be factored out. Of course, to me, it's almost a sign of wolves to lynchvote for inactive players, but Raeko has zero counters here, hasn't spoken since the day phase started. From an outward perspective, I like those who play to contribute, and so far, it's been limited.
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

Monika

Votecount:
davy- (Olimar12345, ThatHiddenCharacter, MaestroUGC, ) 3
ThatHiddenCharacter- (Dudeman, BlackDragonSlayer, ) 2
raeko- (FireArrow, BrainyLucario, trasdegi, SuperMarina, ) 4

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

Aughhhhh there isn't enough time to read everything... T_T
I just don't feel like a Raeko lynch has as much potential for good as THC or davy, but that being said, my vote won't do anything else. So safety on E. Gadd Industries.

Now, a more proper post is coming once I finish reading
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

FireArrow

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on February 18, 2018, 06:32:52 PMAughhhhh there isn't enough time to read everything... T_T
I just don't feel like a Raeko lynch has as much potential for good as THC or davy, but that being said, my vote won't do anything else. So safety on E. Gadd Industries.

Now, a more proper post is coming once I finish reading

Mega wolf points here. Trying to look active without actuallly contributing to what is currently a really big decision for humans (potentially giving yourself away/killing off your partner.) Pretty sure there aren't phantoms so I have no idea what the point of your safety is this late in the phase outside of being for show.

BlackDragonSlayer

To be honest, I feel like it's more the mentality of "so many people have already voted, I'm not going to have a say either way," which, while technically untrue, is still something that a human might feel at some times.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Dudeman

I'm swapping my vote to davy for reasons I discussed in Discord. In short,everything following this sentence is a very poor summation of what was said; I expected better from someone like you, Dudeman.a dead human davy who we can revive is more valuable than a dead human raeko who we can revive. Also davy's more of a question mark to me than THC.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Dudeman on February 18, 2018, 06:48:07 PMI'm swapping my vote to davy for reasons I discussed in Discord. In short, a dead human davy who we can revive is more valuable than a dead human raeko who we can revive. Also davy's more of a question mark to me than THC.

same for me. Davy

Now Everyone Can Be Happy......Forever
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Monika

Votecount:
davy- (Olimar12345, ThatHiddenCharacter, MaestroUGC, Dudeman, BrainyLucario, ) 5
raeko- (FireArrow, BlackDragonSlayer, trasdegi, SuperMarina, ) 4

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: FireArrow on February 18, 2018, 06:39:51 PMMega wolf points here. Trying to look active without actuallly contributing to what is currently a really big decision for humans (potentially giving yourself away/killing off your partner.) Pretty sure there aren't phantoms so I have no idea what the point of your safety is this late in the phase outside of being for show.
Wait, phantoms aren't a thing this game? Oh. I wasn't aware. I'm almost ready to make my big post, but I need to check one small thing really quickly. And the two votes for Davy on the end are worth noting, too. I'll definitely take that into account
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mastersuperfan

I meant to consolidate my thoughts here in this thread but I ended up saying everything I wanted to say in the Discord chat. As suspicious as that one moment in the Discord channel was for raeko, I'm going to go with davy here for reasons in the chat below:

Discord chat log where we talk about lynching davy
Quote[9:26 PM] mastersuperfan: all right I've narrowed my vote down to either davy or raeko... who just happen to be the two with the most votes right now
[9:26 PM] mastersuperfan: raeko definitely has a stronger case against her but I'm particularly worried about the possibility that she just couldn't keep playing for a while here and that she's actually human
[9:27 PM] mastersuperfan: actually both davy and Olimar are rubbing me the wrong way
[9:27 PM] Gerik: It's very unlikely that both are bad
[9:27 PM] mastersuperfan: yeah
[9:27 PM] mastersuperfan: but I think it's likely one of them is
[9:27 PM] Gerik: because wovles probably know monika now
[9:27 PM] BlackDragonSlayer: I changed my vote to raeko.
[9:27 PM] Pearl: i noticed
[9:28 PM] mastersuperfan: davy gives me the impression of being a bit more wolfy but Olimar's posts kind of tick me off tbh
[9:28 PM] mastersuperfan: especially since I feel like they hit Monika instead of being inactive
[9:28 PM] mastersuperfan: and Olimar is insisting so heavily on inactivity
[9:29 PM] Gerik: I agree, I just don't see a reason why as a wolf he'd want to convince people of the contrary
[9:29 PM] Gerik: Davy convincing people that they hit monica when they didn't is a good way to try and frame active players
[9:29 PM] mastersuperfan: oh I didn't even think of that way
[9:29 PM] Gerik: but olimar trying to convince us that it was inactivity and then voting davy just doesn't make sense to me
[9:30 PM] mastersuperfan: yeah that was definitely rubbing me a bit
[9:30 PM] mastersuperfan: davy telling us straight up who was more likely to be Monika
[9:30 PM] Gerik: If davy is human
[9:30 PM] Gerik: he's right
[9:30 PM] mastersuperfan: he's not really wrong, though, is he?
[9:30 PM] Gerik: So I don't hold it too much against him
[9:30 PM] mastersuperfan: yeah
[9:31 PM] mastersuperfan: I could see davy going either way
[9:31 PM] Gerik: It's just between olimar and davy, davy's position makes sense from a wolfs perspective too
[9:31 PM] Gerik: but olimar trying to frame inactives, especailly when it's highly likely one of the four wolves isn't an active player
[9:31 PM] Gerik: doesn't really make sense
[9:31 PM] Gerik: although going for inactives is a common wolf strat i guess idk
[9:32 PM] mastersuperfan: I think Olimar's posts just irritate me more than strike me as legitimatly wolfy lol
[9:32 PM] Gerik: Yeah I feel that lol
[9:32 PM] mastersuperfan: but yeah as far as raeko goes
[9:32 PM] Gerik: I'm gonna go read some olimar as a wolf games
[9:32 PM] mastersuperfan: when people started to go back on lynching THC because he seemed so obviously wolfy
[9:32 PM] mastersuperfan: I feel like a similar thing could easily be happening with raeko here
[9:32 PM] mastersuperfan: if she were a wolf I find it hard to believe she wouldn't try to defend herself in some way
[9:32 PM] Gerik: raeko and THC are wolfy for different reasons
[9:32 PM] mastersuperfan: I think that she's inactive for a different reason
[9:33 PM] Gerik: I can agree with you there
[9:33 PM] Gerik: If she's really human she much more likely to just not care
[9:33 PM] Gerik: That being said if she's inactive for non game related reasons, it's a completely nuetral statement
[9:34 PM] mastersuperfan: you pointed out the suspicious convo from the Discord chat earlier but
[9:34 PM] mastersuperfan: ugh idk it could just be dumb experience and as wolfy as it is I feel like it'd be a risk
[9:34 PM] mastersuperfan: dumb lack of experience**
[9:34 PM] Gerik: No you're right
[9:34 PM] mastersuperfan: then again davy is also a risk
[9:35 PM] Gerik: suspicons based on stuff like that are risky because they're just so not concrete
[9:35 PM] Gerik: But on day 1 we don't really have much to go off of
[9:35 PM] mastersuperfan: if davy is a wolf though it's going to bite us harder in the long run if we don't lynch him than if raeko is a wolf and we don't lynch her
[9:35 PM] Gerik: The thing about davy is he has already established multiple relationships
[9:36 PM] Gerik: So as the game goes on and we learn peoples colors we can use deductive logic to figure him out
[9:36 PM] Gerik: I.e. olimar being a wolf practically confirms davy is a human
[9:36 PM] Gerik: All the people trying super hard to lynch him are pracctically human if he ends up being a wolf
[9:38 PM] mastersuperfan: well I have 22 minutes left to make a decision
[9:38 PM] mastersuperfan: though it looks like raeko's going to get lynched either way
[9:39 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: I can be convinced to swap to davy.
[9:40 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: I still don't like THC, but he's less threatening if davy's a wolf.
[9:40 PM] Gerik: I probably could be too
[9:40 PM] mastersuperfan: it's already taking me a lot of effort to convince myself of anything lol
[9:40 PM] Gerik: but neither is going to be posting a defense so
[9:40 PM] Gerik: meh
[9:40 PM] Pearl: @Lkjhgfdsa_77  lol
[9:40 PM] mastersuperfan: idk my gut is not to lynch raeko
[9:40 PM] mastersuperfan: but davy being human if we lynch him would hurt
[9:41 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: We have a reviver.
[9:41 PM] Lkjhgfdsa_77: yes
[9:41 PM] Gerik: @Pearl what are you responding to?
[9:41 PM] mastersuperfan: oh yes right
[9:41 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: I of course don't want to blow the revive this early, but
[9:41 PM] Pearl: he's playing woof
[9:41 PM] Gerik: oh lol
[9:41 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: davy's an experienced player, and if he can be confirmed human, reviving him isn't a bad move
[9:42 PM] Gerik: Well he'll just die again anyways
[9:42 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: But of course we wanna revive the Brutal more than anyone else
[9:42 PM] Gerik: Revive only has three purposes this game:
[9:42 PM] mastersuperfan: but he could go ahead and set up that alliance that he was talking about
[9:42 PM] mastersuperfan: which I think would be helpful
[9:42 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: I'm still not sold on the alliance
[9:42 PM] Gerik: Revive brutal, revive kjajit for one more item, revive random person to make an allaince
[9:42 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: Who sends the information out?
[9:42 PM] Gerik: No one
[9:42 PM] mastersuperfan: it's a behind-the-scenes alliance
[9:42 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: Alliance is good 'cause confirmed humans
[9:42 PM] mastersuperfan: where the specials are just in contact with each other
[9:42 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: But who tells the humans not to lynch the alliance
[9:42 PM] Pearl: isnt the revive a one time use?
[9:43 PM] Gerik: It just won't happen naturally
[9:43 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: Yes @Pearl
[9:43 PM] Gerik: with 4 or so humans knowing not to vote eachother
[9:43 PM] Gerik: And they can reveal last minute if needed
[9:43 PM] mastersuperfan: as I did say earlier though
[9:43 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: See that's the thing, if wolves pick up on that, they know who the specials are
[9:43 PM] Gerik: counterclaims would instantly be spotted by other alliance memebers
[9:43 PM] mastersuperfan: it would take a lot of caution for the specials to avoid giving themselves away
[9:43 PM] mastersuperfan: ^^ yeah
[9:43 PM] mastersuperfan: actually that's probably harder than I thought it was at first
[9:43 PM] mastersuperfan: maybe the alliance isn't such a good idea
[9:44 PM] Gerik: The only issue with an alliance like I said before it somehow starting it without uniting them until counterclaims are sorted out
[9:44 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: If you form a group of humans who are suddenly all supporting each other, that's a giant flag to the wolves
[9:44 PM] Gerik: But that can only happen if by the brutal human
[9:44 PM] mastersuperfan: if we're worried about the reviver getting wolfed early then using it to revive a human davy is not a bad use
[9:44 PM] mastersuperfan: better than reviving a human raeko I think
[9:44 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: Oh absolutely better than reviving raeko
[9:45 PM] mastersuperfan: yes why'd I say I think there lol
[9:45 PM] Gerik: raeko is too inactive to do that with anyways lol
[9:45 PM] mastersuperfan: definitely is
[9:45 PM] Pearl: that's hoping davy isnt the reviver
[9:45 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: So, raeko lynch in 15 minutes
[9:45 PM] mastersuperfan: ...that's true
[9:45 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: Do I swap votes or no
[9:45 PM] mastersuperfan: I think I'm going to go with davy
[9:45 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: That's a KitB
[9:45 PM] mastersuperfan: it would be 4 davy - 5 raeko?
[9:46 PM] mastersuperfan: BDS switched
[9:46 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: oh I missed BDS
[9:46 PM] Pearl: I can unvote
[9:46 PM] mastersuperfan: if someone on raeko switches to BDS then we don't have a kitb
[9:46 PM] mastersuperfan: not BDS
[9:46 PM] mastersuperfan: davy
[9:47 PM] Pearl: a davy lynch does feel like the right thing to do
[9:47 PM] Pearl: and i was going to vote davy at one point as seen by my vote post
[9:47 PM] Pearl: so i'll switch
[9:47 PM] Ducleman🐺🚫: I'm swapping votes.
[close]

I did make a suspicion list as I was reading through the topic just earlier but since it's not going to help so soon to the phase change I'm just going to see the flip of whoever gets lynched and re-evaluate my suspicions then.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.