TWG 100th Anniversary: Dinner and a Show

Started by mikey, February 15, 2018, 10:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

@BDS I could see that as a possible slip-up, but when I read that I interpreted that as him meaning inactive humans who have no worry because they are inactive.

@Dudeman I usually get wolfy vibes from Brainy regardless just because of how he plays. (and no Brainy, you weren't tacked onto my semi-suspicion list because of that dumb discord message thing).
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 17, 2018, 03:28:21 PM@Dudeman I usually get wolfy vibes from Brainy regardless just because of how he plays. (and no Brainy, you weren't tacked onto my semi-suspicion list because of that dumb discord message thing).
I've picked up on that, yeah. Is this loreNoc 2.0?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

SuperMarina

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 17, 2018, 03:00:06 PMwot

you're saying that humans should stick to the background
right
how about no

You totally took it out of context. I mentioned that the traitor-type humans are the ones who stick to the background. Their win is reliant on the wolves, and their duty as human becomes almost innate. Sure, I didn't elaborate down to the finely of a point, but you seemed to have ignored the context.
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 17, 2018, 03:15:33 PMThat's how I read it IN context; I was simply quoting it in specific to highlight that phrase in particular.
Maybe it was just how confusingly you worded the sentence, but it seemed as if you were highlighting three groups as a possibility (regardless, I don't think the traitor would necessarily constitute a "human without worry" since the Traitor probably shouldn't just carelessly throw themselves away).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperMarina

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 17, 2018, 03:58:15 PMthe Traitor probably shouldn't just carelessly throw themselves away).
I suppose so, though I can't wrap my head around that kind of mindset.
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

Lkjhgfdsa_77

My apologies for not posting at all until now. Schoolwork and other obligations kept me from being able to think about the game long enough to post anything meaningful. I have read through the entire thread, so I should be caught up with the game. I should have more time in the next few days, so I will hopefully be able to participate more in these next couple of phases.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Bubbles

I'm doing everything on mobile, so sorry if it's short or confusing or whatever I'm really struggling heree

The deathless night is most likely to be from inactivity, especially if nsm twg is the same as how I remember it. There's a fair chunk of players who haven't posted at all, and even those who have aren't totally discounted from being considered inactive (myself included, I've been reading and making general ideas but haven't had much time to delve deep or post much meaningful things). Day 1 usually ends up being an inactivity lynch anyway if I'm remembering right

People are putting a heavy emphasis on Khajit, but I don't know that I understand why? How would a human alliance be beneficial to him, any more than it would be for any other human? I mean sure he'd know which correct players to give the items for (since I'm assuming he wins with the humans?) but is he even that important of a player, since we don't have any idea what the items are even used for? I asked noc about the items uses and all I got was a winky face lol. Don't get me wrong I'm sure he's far from just a throwaway character, but he doesn't seem like the all-powerful role that I'm getting the vibe people are saying he is

Firearrows analysis of raeko is...odd? If that's the right word. It's a pretty in depth analysis of what was clearly a joking conversation that's happened a bunch of other times in that chat too. It seems kinda like grasping for straws to me, though I'm not sure why that would be beneficial to him this early in the game. also raeko's "too early" comment is odd as well, but if I'm right they haven't played many game since before so that could be chalked up to inexperience. It's so blatant a suspicious comment that I feel a wolf would have been more conscious and cautious to avoid.

...if I explained ANY of that coherently lol

tldr trying to summarize my scattered thoughts, I'll put a temp safety/inactivity vote on Thicc bc wya

davy

I have read the topic and the discord, so I have an idea what is going on. I have a test tomorrow, so I won't spend too much time on TWG today, but here are my thoughts for now:

There are four wolf roles. The chance that all of them are among the inactive players is way smaller than the chance that they hit Monica. Intentionally skipping a wolfing makes no sense in this game, so I'm going to assume that they hit Monica.

Killing Monica early removes the entire threat of losing a lot of our players at some point in the game, so getting rid of her early is very benificial. If Monica was hit this night phase, the wolves gave us a clue of who she might be. Wolfing an inactive on night one is a bad idea, so the inactive players are less likely to be Monica in this game. Wolfing strong/veteran players is a good idea night one, since they have a higher chance of finding out who are the wolves. Therefore, I think BDS, Olimar, FireArrow, myself, and to a lesser extend (since they haven't really been active) TZP and Bubbles are more likely to be Monica.

Of course, Monica might not have been hit at all making the above point moot, but I don't think that is very likely.

On another note, when I played a game on LLF players told me that discussing what the specials should do helps the wolves find the specials, which is why they prefer not discussing the specials. While I disagree with this sentiment, I assume that is the reason why raeko made his "way to early" post.

Oh, and Nocturne, if thicc doesn't post by the end of this phase I think it's a good idea to replace him with maelstrom.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Monika

I hope we can be friends!~

Olimar12345

Quote from: davy on February 18, 2018, 06:36:56 AMThere are four wolf roles. The chance that all of them are among the inactive players is way smaller than the chance that they hit Monica. Intentionally skipping a wolfing makes no sense in this game, so I'm going to assume that they hit Monica.

Please read:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 17, 2018, 02:49:32 PM1) Inactivity shouldn't be too far off of the table. Let's face it: here an NSM we are used to smaller games where there are only usually 2 maybe 3 wolves. It's much easier for two people to find time to communicate and come to agreement in 24 hours than it can be for 4 people. Added to the amount of people in this game that aren't as regularly active as the rest of us, it is entirely possible and highly likely that there wasn't enough communication in that time and no one sent in a wolfing. This is especially possible if you consider that less experienced players could have been more active than more experienced players, and more hesitant to make a move without consulting the more veteran players. Just thoughts.

They wouldn't all have to be inactive for the whole 24 hours; staggering their time online would have been worse for active discussion on a target. However:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 17, 2018, 02:49:32 PMPls post more
-SuperMarina
-Trasdegi
-MaestroUGC
-MasterSuperFan
-Lkjhgfdsa_77
-ThiccWifeSiccLife
-TheZeldaPianist

Here are seven players that were inactive. You could add Bubbles to that too, technically, making 8. Inactivity isn't far off with these numbers.

Despite that, this:

Quote from: davy on February 18, 2018, 06:36:56 AMKilling Monica early removes the entire threat of losing a lot of our players at some point in the game, so getting rid of her early is very benificial. If Monica was hit this night phase, the wolves gave us a clue of who she might be. Wolfing an inactive on night one is a bad idea, so the inactive players are less likely to be Monica in this game. Wolfing strong/veteran players is a good idea night one, since they have a higher chance of finding out who are the wolves. Therefore, I think BDS, Olimar, FireArrow, myself, and to a lesser extend (since they haven't really been active) TZP and Bubbles are more likely to be Monica.

should be our number one priority. Monika, regardless if they made contact with the wolves last night phase, is a huge threat to the humans. Your idea is great but it banks on the chances that Monika was hit over inactivity, and that the wolves have a veteran player among them. Not impossible, but just things to consider.

Also, despite what you said about Raeko's post, I think I would still prefer to hear what she had to say about it.

SuperMarina

In my defense, I've been active.
There just isn't, at least to me, enough to talk about.

Aside from the whole Monika plan, which I've already agreed upon, but the matter is finding them, whether by wits or seer. There's a Sayori too, which throws a wrench into the plans for the seer at least.

What is this? DDLC?
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

Bubbles