TWG 100th Anniversary: Dinner and a Show

Started by mikey, February 15, 2018, 10:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

I got home early, so I'm checking in officially, finally. @miley I have two questions:

-If the needy wolf is the last wolf alive does the wolf kill go away for that phase or for the rest of the game?

-Are we permitted to talk about items and their effects in public?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Monika

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 16, 2018, 05:49:59 PMI got home early, so I'm checking in officially, finally. @miley I have two questions:

-If the needy wolf is the last wolf alive does the wolf kill go away for that phase or for the rest of the game?

-Are we permitted to talk about items and their effects in public?
Question 1: For the rest of the game.
Question 2: You're quite welcome to discuss items and theorize about what they may do.
Additionally, my warning about discussing role PMs extends to all private communication with the host.
I hope we can be friends!~

BlackDragonSlayer

Current Thoughts:
Mild wolf leans on Raeko and TZP for questionable comments they have made. Caution on FireArrow for railing so hard against Dudeman and me (and because he evidently ignored my part about alliances not always being a good thing :P).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on February 16, 2018, 05:20:18 PMWith that said, it would need to be seer-based, as using the revive this early on could prove detrimental later on.  In addition, who's to say a more useful revive wouldn't be needed later on (such as the Brutal, my next point)?

The longer you hold the revive, the less likely the reviver is going to be alive to use it.

QuoteSure, we'd have a confirmed human then, and a small alliance could be quickly set up, but given the person revived is revived at the beginning of a night phase, they only have 24 hours to not only set up an alliance but try to see through a possible false-claim by the wolves.

Goddamnit you're right. This normally isn't an issue because wolf lives are more valuable to wolves than power roles lives are to humans (trading a seer for a wolf is completely worth it), but the wolves have both a traitor and a needy wolf that can act as fodder with little cost. Unless we can think of a way to deal with that (davy pls come thru) it's probably better to hope we get lucky and wait for the brutal to get wolfed or for the seer to find other blues.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FireArrow

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 16, 2018, 06:39:44 PM(and because he evidently ignored my part about alliances not always being a good thing :P).

Because you did not provide any reason as to why. Because they're more likely to slip and reveal themselves? I know you like to play cautious but try answering this question: What downside if there to an alliance that outweighs having 3+ confirmed humans?

And yes, I did concede that we shouldn't try and make an alliance right now because of what E. Gadd said, but an alliance being a bad thing in this game was definitly not that reason.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on February 16, 2018, 06:45:06 PMAnd yes, I did concede that we shouldn't try and make an alliance right now because of what E. Gadd said, but an alliance being a bad thing in this game was definitly not that reason.
my whole post was the reason did you or did you not read it

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Monika

Night 1 has ended.
Chapter 2
"Mr. Gardiner, I trust you found your journey here pleasant?"
Addison Gardiner looked down at the man addressing him.  "I did, thank you.  May I set my coat somewhere?"
"Oh, certainly.  Follow me."
The short man with a combover led Mr. Gardiner across a great hall with marble flooring to a coatroom off to one corner.  "None of the other guests will be arriving for some time, so feel free to explore the manor as you wish."
"Thank you," Mr. Gardiner responded.  He let his gaze wander across the hall.  A wooden staircase with smooth banisters occupied the far end of the hall.  Beneath the stairs was a double set of doorways leading into, from what he could see, a library.  On the opposite side of the hall from the coatrack was a white door with a polished handle.  He gently pushed on the door and it swung inward.  An enormous oak dining table with 16 matching chairs, places set, occupied the entire room.  Beyond the table was a swinging door.  He assumed behind it would be the kitchen.
He backed out of the dining room and started up the stairs.  A hallway at the top of the stairs forced him to make a choice and he continued to the left past a row of plain doors.  At the end of the hall was another door.  He pulled the handle and peered inside.  A bedroom.  A vanity and a dresser occupied the wall opposite the door.  To one side lay a four-poster bed.  Very well, he would stay here.  Suddenly, he heard a scraping sound from the hallway.  Thinking quickly, he grabbed a candlestick from the vanity and headed back into the hallway.
"Ah!  Mikey, it's just you.  Goodness, but this place is a bit cheerless, innit?"
"Oh yes, I'm sorry.  I brought your luggage up, Mr. Gardiner.  I take it you'll be staying in this room then?"
"Well, I suppose so."
"Do be careful, I hear that one is haunted," he remarked, giving a roguish wink.
"Hm, yes, quite," Addison replied absentmindedly.  "Well, I've got studies to attend to.  So, if you don't mind..."  He left the dismissal hanging in the air.
Mikey nodded.  "Yes.  I've got things I must attend to myself.  This place will be quite lively soon!"  Humming, he started back through the hallway and down the stairs.
What an odd man, Addison thought to himself.  How did he know...  He couldn't possibly...
Zachary poured a cup of cold water on Daniel's face.
"Hey.  Get up.  This is important."
Daniel winced at the shock and groaned.  "What do you want?  I was sleeping, and it's gotta be like 3 AM."
"You know those invitations we stole from that home?"
"Don't remind me."
"Well, check it out."
Zachary led Daniel to the kitchen, where Michael and Gerik were waiting.
"Look at this," whispered Gerik, gesturing to the invitations.
Unamused, Daniel waltzed over to the table and read the invitations.  His eyes widened with shock.
"What the he-"
"Do you have any clue why they're like that?" Michael interrupted.
"I-I've never seen anything like this," Daniel stammered.  "You stole these invitations, and yet... They have your names on them?!"
Natalie was at the breaking point.  Her house was in a poor state, and her frantic search had only confirmed what the note had seemed to suggest.  Somehow, they had taken it, and she wasn't going to get it back unless she went to that stupid Dinner and a Show thing.
Skyler was feverishly flipping through pages of multiple books, trying to remember...  Why did that telegram seem so familiar?  Something about the writing style was out of place, as if it had been written by multiple people.  He felt like he had seen that before, somewhere.  The night went on as Skyler continued reading at an inhuman pace, digesting information faster than seemingly was possible.  He knew he wasn't going crazy, but he just didn't have the access to what he needed.  Maybe the Dinner would clear things up...
Tyler sighed.  Somehow he had let Sayori convince him into taking her with him to the Dinner.  It was a long enough trip without her constantly chattering.  He glanced sidelong at her.  Sure enough, on and on she went.  Did she know how to do anything but talk?  He silently chided himself for thinking like that.  Sayori was a nice gal, just a bit... enthusiastic.  There is worse company, he decided, as he listened to Sayori now ranting about the difference between brown-eyed susans and daisies.
As the shadows of night enveloped the town, a storm began to roll in, as if foreshadowing the unpredictable events awaiting those unfortunate few who had been invited to the Don Manor...
Rachel was the last one to arrive at the manor.  The rain was coming down heavily now, and her skirt was getting drenched.  She pounded on the knocker and the man with the combover invited her in.
"Thank you," she managed, shivering from the cold.  A large fireplace was warming up the hall, where over a dozen people were socializing, drinking, or admiring the paintings on the walls.  "This is quite the party," she commented.  She turned to look at the man with the combover.  He was nowhere in sight.  Strange, she thought to herself.  Well, I'm here now, so I might as well make the most of it.  She gracefully waltzed over to a group of people and introduced herself.
A crackling sound quickly ended any discussion.  A loud voice rang  out, grainy and clearly unprofessional.  "Greetings, everyone.  I apologize that I cannot be here in person, but as many of you know, I am quite the busy individual.  Fortunately, I should be able to make it to the Dinner and a Show tomorrow.  Now, you all know why you are here, but first I'd like to make a note of who all arrived.  You see, I had a few issues with the guest list, and it seems not everyone has made it yet...
"If you could calmly and orderly introduce yourself to my butler and to each other, we'll have all of this sorted out in no time!"

Silence.
The man with the combover stood next to the fireplace.  "Well, you heard the master.  Everyone please introduce yourself!  ...Ah, perhaps we should move into the dining room.  Champagne, anyone?"
As everyone got settled in the dining room, each sitting in one of the 16 chairs, they began to introduce themselves, beginning with a strange catlike creature standing upright.
"You may call Khajiit... Khajiit," he said smiling, showing off a row of sharp teeth.  "Khajiit is here on request of employer.  That is all."
"My name is Zachary Sharpe, and this is my little bro-"
"No!  Stop."  A young man identical to Zachary stood up.  "I'm Daniel Sharpe, and we're twins," he said, glaring at Zachary.  "I'm studying here to become an astronomer!"
Zachary sighed and the twins sat down.
A redheaded woman twirling her hair spoke up.  "My name is Rachel Scarlett von Karma.  Pleased to meet you all."  She said that in a tone that made it very clear she was not in fact pleased to meet them all.
"Is nobody gonna question the fact that there's a cat-man in this room?  Cause I think it's weird.  Anyway, my name is Monika Candelaria.  Nice to meet you!"  Monika curtsied.
"I am Olivier Martinez," a man with a thick Paris accent said.  "Please, if it suits you, simply call me Olimar.  You may know me from several French films."
Natalie gasped, then covered her mouth with her hands.  "Sorry!" she squeaked.  "I thought you looked familiar.  Sorry...  I'm Natalie Brady."  Embarrased, she sunk down low in her seat.
"I'm Michael Buble.  I'm a songwriter.  I haven't seen any real success yet, but I feel like I'm close.  Good to meet ya."
Two men simultaneously stood up.  "Allow me to introduce you to the one and only Baron Miguel Antonio Del Rey, Captain of the USS Cleaver and Scourge of the East Sea.  While he prefers you call him by his full title, you may call him Captain Del Rey or simply Captain."
"The great man who introduced me is my compatriot, First Lieutenant Kenji Higashi.  Please show him the respect he deserves."
"But I don't mind if you simply call me Kenji!"
A tall, attractive man spoke up.  "I am Travis de Gillett.  I'm one of the townspeople here, and I'm fairly well-known among them."
Someone laughed.  "Yeah, but not in a good way!"  Everyone turned to look at the man who had interrupted.  "Oh, sorry.  Well, I'm Tyler Henry.  I'm directly descended from the Cormaci royals who settled here a long time ago.  I make my living off the ocean shore."
"Wow, Tyler, I barely recognized you!" a young woman laughed.  "I'm Sayori Ishizuka.  Usually his hair is all sweaty from the sea salt and hard work, but he cleans up nice!  Look at that curly hair!"
"M...my name is Skyler Brasher.  I'm not really anyone special, but recently I've been studying paranormal activity as a hobby."
An older man perked up.  "My name is Addison Gardiner.  I'm here on the owner's request.  That's all you need to know about me.  Feel free to talk to me any time, especially you, young man."
"My name is Gerik Paull.  I do football, basketball, and baseball.  I've got scholarships waiting for me in any of those.  I just really like athletics and being athletic."  He shrugged and sat down.
"Well, everyone's introduced themselves.  Who are we missing?"
The butler pulled out a folded note.  Reading it, he nodded individually at each person sitting down.  "Ah, yes.  It appears we are missing one... Mike Scott."
Suddenly, there was a loud bang.  Several people jumped up to their feet, startled.
"My apologies everyone!  That's just the door.  No need to panic."
Everyone followed the butler back into the hall, where the banging continued frantically.
The butler opened the door.  It would be more accurate to say the butler tried, then the howling maelstrom outside did the rest of the work.  A frail old man fell in through the doorway, shivering.  "I-i-i-i m-m-made it..." he stammered.
"Poor man, let's get you to your feet.  You must be Mike Scott?"
"Mike... S-s-s-scott..."  The man pulled out a crumpled note from his pocket.  "Y-yes, Mike Scott.  That's m-m-me," he said, before his eyes closed and he slumped further into the butler's arms.
"Oh, dear me," the butler tutted.  "Let's get him a warm bed and some tea, shall we?  He'll be right as rain soon enough."
Rachel tiptoed down the stairs and knocked on the door.  It opened a crack, and a feline eye stared at her through it.  "Yes?"
"Listen.  I don't trust you one bit.  I want to know what exactly you're doing here."
"Well, why did you not say so earlier?  Come.  Khajiit will show you."  He opened the door all the way to reveal a bedroom not unlike Rachel's own.  However, this one had a strange table with glass boxes on it.
"I sell these, for your coin.  You see anything you like?" Khajiit purred.
Rachel's eyes wandered over the objects.  Some of them seemed quite valuable, such as a silver dagger.  Others were commonplace or otherwise seemed odd.  Shaking her head, she said, "Maybe later.  Good luck with... your exchanges."  She slowly walked back towards the door and walked upstairs.
Natalie lifted her head from the crack in the floorboards.  "Oh, I wonder what he has down there.  Maybe he has my...  No, that seems quite dubious.  I'd better forget about it.  It's late.  Besides, he doesn't seem malicious.  Not the type to steal from a damsel, anyway."  Natalie climbed into her bed, pulling the thick covers up to her chin.  She soon slipped off into sleep.
The sound of a tinny bell woke Skyler from his sleep.  He groggily rubbed his eyes, then flung himself out of bed.  Pulling on some trousers, he opened his door.  The butler!
"Your breakfast is ready, everyone.  Hop to, my master has an important announcement to make for your benefit!"  He announced.
Skyler met Addison at the foot of the staircase.
"Skyler, was it?  Pleasure to make your acquaintance."
"Oh, yeah..."
"Listen, you didn't hear any activity last night, did you?"
"Nah, I was unconscious pretty quick.  Why?"
"Oh, never mind...  Let's just enjoy breakfast.  I've got something to show you afterwards."
As Skyler sat at the table, he noticed an extra chair had been brought up to one end.  He recalled the events of the previous night, Mike coming in late.  Poor guy.
Soon everyone was seated and eating.  Out of the corner of his eye, Skyler saw Mike Scott shoveling huge amounts of food into his mouth at a time, barely pausing to breathe.  Interesting guy, he thought.  He turned back to his own plate.  Sausage, eggs, toast, and most importantly, bacon!  He chewed on the bacon, tearing it apart.  Delicious.
Rachel ate quietly, concerned.  Something here was wrong, she could tell.  She had expected something to happen last night, but everything seemed accounted for.  And there was something off about this... Mike Scott.  Rachel could see why everyone was here, except for him.  A question.  She smiled to herself.  Maybe he did fit in.  After all, what was all this entire charade except one question after another?
[close]
game

TWG 100: Dinner and a Show

Wolf team- as a team, the wolves may choose one player to kill each night.  Wins at parity.
1. Master Wolf- Each night, can send a PM to the host with the name of target player.  If that player is still alive, the Master Wolf receives a PM with the color of that player.  The Master wolf is seered green.
"I smell you... Your fear..."
2. Wolf Cohort- Has no special powers.  Is seered red.
"Fresh BLOOD!"
3. Wolf Cohort- Has no special powers.  Is seered red.
"Fresh BLOOD!"
4. Needy Wolf- If the needy wolf is the last wolf alive, the wolf team loses their wolf kill.  Is seered red.
"I smell... you?"

Human team- wins when all threats to the team are dead.
5. Seer- Each night, may send a PM to the host with the name of target player.  If that player is alive, receives a PM with the color of that player.  Is seered blue.
"No-one and no-wolf will get past me."
6. Brutal Human- If the brutal human is wolfkilled, one wolf at random is killed as well.  Is not told they are the Brutal Human.  Is seered blue.
"Whatever it takes."
7. One-shot Reviver- Once per game, during a night phase, may send the host a PM with the name of a player.  If that player is dead, they will be revived at the beginning of the following night phase.  Is seered blue.
"I'm here for you."
8. Miller- is seered red.  Is not told they're the Miller.
"I'm doing things my way.  Step aside."
9. Traitor- counts for human numbers, but wins with the wolves.  Is seered red.
"You'll all see soon enough..."
10. Sayori- is told she's a normal human.  Is seered Monika.
"There are rainclouds... and they won't go away."
11. Vanilla Human- is seered green.
"Something's wrong."
12. Vanilla Human- is seered green.
"Something's wrong."
13. Vanilla Human- is seered green.
"Something's wrong."
14. Vanilla Human- is seered green.
"Something's wrong."
15. Vanilla Human- is seered green.
"Something's wrong."
16. Khajiit- Begins the game with every item, but cannot use them.  Once each night (except for Night 1), may distribute a single item to target player by sending a PM to the host with that player's name.
"Khajiit has wares, if you have coin."

Third Party- counts for numbers of neither team.
17. M̦̣͓̀ ̟̖Ò̦̦͖͔͖̜ ̡̱̲͓̞͔͖Ǹ͎̳̳͍͖̟ ̜̥̭͕̤ͅI̱͉̥ ̭̪K͇͕̺̭͞ ̫̹̘͇͍A̩̪͢- wins when it's just Monika.  Can't be wolf-killed.  Each night, may send the host a PM with the name of target player.  If that player is alive, becomes marked. Marked players are privately told they have been marked.  When the number of living marked players becomes greater than or equal to the number of living unmarked players, all living marked players die.  Is seered literally every color except for red, purple, green, and blue.If wolves would win while Monika is still alive, Monika and the wolves both win.
"...What's the point when none of it is even real?"

Items:
Candlestick
Revolver
Rope
Lead Pipe
Knife
Wrench

When a player dies, their role will be revealed.
[close]
Players:

1. davy
2. ThatHiddenCharacter
3. BrainyLucario
4. SuperMarina
5. Olimar12345
6. Dudeman
7. BlackDragonSlayer
8. MaestroUGC
9. Trasdegi
10. raeko
11. E. Gadd Industries
12. MasterSuperFan
13. Lkjhgfdsa_77
14. Bubbles
15. FireArrow
16. ThiccWifeSiccLife
17. TheZeldaPianist

Sub: Maelstrom

Nobody died.  It is now Day 1.  Day 1 ends in 48 hours, at 9:00 PM on February 18, regardless of when the actual update arrives.
I hope we can be friends!~

FireArrow

Which one? I've mostly seen you listing things that would make the alliance not as good than it would be in an allianced based game (e.g. not having a person to communicate to the thread with), not a reason why it would actually harm us (other than making the blues more likley to slip, I guess?)

Anyways, albeit for different reasons, we both agree that we probably shouldn't revive any rando human n1 to make an allaince, so this argument is going nowhere. I've got a good enough read on you by now, and I'm sure you on me, so agree to disagree for now so we can hear from other people?

Also look out because im a jock u don wanna mess wit dis

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

why did nobody die
is there a number-related reason or just the wolves being big ol' dumbos

Quote from: FireArrow on February 16, 2018, 07:04:12 PMAlso look out because im a jock u don wanna mess wit dis
you wan fite the scourge of the east sea and his buddy

no i don't think you do

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 16, 2018, 07:10:15 PMwhy did nobody die
is there a number-related reason or just the wolves being big ol' dumbos
you wan fite the scourge of the east sea and his buddy

no i don't think you do
I think wolves got unlucky and hit Monika?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Dudeman

I mean, that's the other option, but I want to believe everyone here is playing :)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

Good story so far, Noc. As for the wolfing, the only real possibilities I see here are monika wolf hit or inactivity.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Dudeman on February 16, 2018, 07:14:59 PMI mean, that's the other option, but I want to believe everyone here is playing :(

I mean we should consider all options, not just the ones we want to hear...