Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Caves
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Trasdegi

[attachment deleted by admin]

joeberryosponge

Have you thought of incorporating the string line into the arrangement? I think it would add some nice harmonies especially in the second half of the song.

Trasdegi

AmpharosAndy

I agree with you as the other part would make it quite a bit harder. Maybe it could be written in as an optional line for the courageous (I swear people have done that here before)
innit

InsigTurtle

*cough cough* definitely not me *cough cough*

I'll need to listen to this again when I'm not sleep-deprived, but I'm currently hearing Gb-C for m.20 beat 4 and A-C for m.22 beat 2. Will check again later when I have time.

The strings are indeed quite loud though, sometimes almost overpowering the melody, so you should maybe tinker around to see if you can fit them in. If not, that's alright.

Trasdegi

Quote from: InsigTurtle on February 16, 2018, 03:24:04 AMI'll need to listen to this again when I'm not sleep-deprived, but I'm currently hearing Gb-C for m.20 beat 4 and A-C for m.22 beat 2. Will check again later when I have time.

This Gb and this A both come from the string line, I hear the marimba playing A-C and B-C.

Here's a version in wich I tried to add the strings, let me know what you think of it:[MUS] (I had to keep the small notes big, because if I don't they don't play in Notepad, and it (of course) messed up all the formatting, so if we decide to put the strings in, I'll need someone to fix it.)

Latios212

This is great (the original submission)! For me, simplicity really wins out here.

That's... pretty much all I have to say here.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AmpharosAndy

It's not made more difficult or complicated by adding the string parts so I vote putting them in, assuming they're correct.
innit

Latios212

I disagree somewhat - looking at the file Trasdegi posted,
- The voice comes in and drops out seemingly arbitrarily,
- You have some awkward intervals like tenths and a couple of minor seconds, and
- Parallel sixths and thirds are much harder to play legato (or just in general, even if using pedal) than just a single melody line.

It's fine in some places, but I'm unsure if the sheet really has enough to gain by adding that voice in to outweigh the above points. Up to Trasdegi, though.

Quote from: Trasdegi on February 15, 2018, 01:34:58 AMYes, but i wanted to keep it simple, so i left it out.
Is this still what you want?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I hear a few of those 4th beat 3rds in the LH as different from the 2nd beat ones.
M1 - I hear a d+f
m6 - c+eb
m20 - Gb+C

Otherwise, it looks great and I approve. Fix this and we're good to go.

AmpharosAndy

you've talked me 'round m8

keep it simples yeh ignore me ;)
innit

Latios212

No, it's always good to consider out options! Haha

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Trasdegi

Quote from: Latios212 on March 23, 2018, 03:34:12 PMIs this still what you want?

Yes, it is. I'll leave the strings out.

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 23, 2018, 03:44:04 PMI hear a few of those 4th beat 3rds in the LH as different from the 2nd beat ones.
M1 - I hear a d+f
m6 - c+eb
m20 - Gb+C

I disagree:I heard them the same, so I checked with a spectrogram:
Here's m1:, you can see the two diads are the same.
Same for m6:
And for m20:

What you're hearing is (I think) coming from the melody, which plays a f, an eb and a gb at those beats