News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[ARCADE] Donkey Kong - "Music from Donkey Kong" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, February 12, 2018, 06:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Donkey Kong
Game: Donkey Kong
Console: ARCADE
Title: Music from Donkey Kong
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

For most of the soundtrack: Donkey Kong (Arcade) - Zophar's Domain

For the unused themes: Donkey Kong (Arcade) - The Cutting Room Floor

It's about time I finished this. This compilation should replace all of the on-site ones, of which almost all are based around the [NES] arrangements, despite the fact that this game is listed as [ARCADE].

Some minor notes some had disputes over:

- m. 5, 6 & 7, being separate songs, were bound to be spaced out along the line, but it was debated whether or not it was worth it to do so. Besides, I don't know how to
- Miss's tempo was very hard to measure, and I'm half convinced it's supposed to change right at the pickup. I need verification
- also on Miss: the LH is an octave up, but should that be assumed by the RH's 8va marking, and the specially arranged stems that I added in? I wasn't sure if this clef was appropriate for piano:

You cannot view this attachment.

- last thing: this soundtrack, being very dynamic-neutral, seemed appropriate to have everything deemed as mf, but is just once at the beginning good? I mean, that's a lot of mfs to add in. Now go down and find the last quote on the page

Fun fact: the unused themes were actually discovered very recently by TCRF, so I guess it's good we have them included now.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Sebastian

Just so I'm getting this straight. This arrangement will replace all the Donkey Kong sheets currently?

Yug_Guy

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 12, 2018, 06:50:38 PMThis compilation should replace all of the on-site ones, which are all based around the [NES] arrangements, despite the fact that this game is listed as [ARCADE].
Oooooorrrrr just change the system for the ones on site to [NES]. Bam, problem solved.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Yug_Guy on February 12, 2018, 07:29:56 PMOooooorrrrr just change the system for the ones on site to [NES]. Bam, problem solved.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean, Yug. Are you aware that the arcade and NES versions are not identical, or am I confused?

Quote from: Sebastian on February 12, 2018, 07:27:33 PMThis arrangement will replace all the Donkey Kong sheets currently?

If you guys approve, yes. Now go click on the giant blue "P"
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 12, 2018, 07:48:18 PMI'm not quite sure I understand what you mean, Yug. Are you aware that the arcade and NES versions are not identical, or am I confused?
Whoops, excuse me. Forgot one crucial part:

Quote from: Yug_Guy on February 12, 2018, 07:29:56 PMOooooorrrrr just change the system for the ones on site to [NES]. Then add yours under [ARCADE]. Bam, problem solved.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Yug_Guy on February 12, 2018, 07:51:48 PMWhoops, excuse me. Forgot one crucial part:

Quote from: Yug_Guy on February 12, 2018, 07:29:56 PMOooooorrrrr just change the system for the ones on site to [NES]. Then add yours under [ARCADE]. Bam, problem solved.

I suppose that would work, as long as the updaters are cool with it.

Sebastian

These sheets were recently edited by me and Latios.

I don't think they need to be replaced. Just because you have them all in a compilation doesn't mean we need to delete these. Personally, I like having them individually like this so people can get the specific song they want, and they may not think we have the song they're looking for if they are all clumped together in a compilation. Also, people may not think to look under arcade or anywhere else if they are looking for the ones already on the site after we delete them.
And, most of all, the ones on site aren't replacement worthy.

Latios212

Hang on - the ones we're hosting on site and these are transposed versions of each other. What accounts for the discrepancy - is it the platform of the game?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on February 12, 2018, 08:02:50 PMHang on - the ones we're hosting on site and these are transposed versions of each other. What accounts for the discrepancy - is it the platform of the game?

Our current Game Start comes from the arcade version. The other three come from the NES version. There was a discrepancy to begin with.

I don't know why, but yes, the NES versions are transposed from the originals.

EDIT: My mistake; the old Game Start was in the arcade key.

LeviR.star

I'm in no position to bump this sheet, considering I've got to update my other one soon, but should this be deleted? It seems to have disrupted the nice little system of sheets we had for Donkey Kong already.

Quote from: LeviR.starNow go open the spoiler tag

Olimar12345

If the arcade versions of the pieces are different from the NES versions, they can exist in a separate game entry. The onsite sheets need to be separated according to this as well.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

LeviR.star

Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
Now go read the text in Courier font
[close]

I dunno, guys. Your call; maybe I'm wrong.

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

LeviR.star

Reminder that this still exists

Let me here you say   B                         U                           M                             P