[ARCADE] Donkey Kong - "Music from Donkey Kong" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, February 12, 2018, 06:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Yes, my bad. 15/8 is what I meant. There is no discernable pattern to the 16ths, so I would definitely recommend the 15/8.

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 29, 2018, 08:22:23 PM
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
Btw, as Latios said, I definitely would not make the last measure like that. The beats are in the wrong place.

LeviR.star

There are two different tempos, and it cannot transition mid-measure. Should I have a standalone 1/8 measure for the pickup note with the time signature hidden?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Sebastian

LeviR.star

Well, it's not working for me. I thought it was a given for any Finale user.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Move the tempo marking to the Dynamics category or create one there. Then it will apply to notes mid-measure. Weird, I know.

Also, given the high speed and brevity of this fanfare, the tempo change feels almost negligible, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Trasdegi

Wouldn't putting a rit. and hiding the tempo marking be more natural?

InsigTurtle

As a side note, "Miss" could be done all in 2/4 if you begin with an eighth rest

Sebastian

@Levi

I like what you posted in Lat's channel/Updater chat. The only change I'd like for that is that the 3/4 be in 4/4 and that the last quarter be made into a half note.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Sebastian on June 02, 2018, 08:11:23 AM@Levi

I like what you posted in Lat's channel/Updater chat. The only change I'd like for that is that the 3/4 be in 4/4 and that the last quarter be made into a half note.

Fixed.

Latios212

Last couple of small things from me before we finish up here:

- In the written direction, it'd be better to refer to these pieces as "tracks" rather than "songs".
- "Miss" is still missing a time signature for the pickup. You could also just make this one 2/4 measure beginning with a sixteenth rest, which I would find preferable.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on June 02, 2018, 08:45:48 AM- "Bonus" is still missing a time signature for the pickup. You could also just make this one 2/4 measure beginning with a sixteenth rest, which I would find preferable.
Yeah, I agree. A 1/4 measure looks silly.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on June 02, 2018, 08:45:48 AMLast couple of small things from me before we finish up here:

- In the written direction, it'd be better to refer to these pieces as "tracks" rather than "songs".
- "Miss" is still missing a time signature for the pickup. You could also just make this one 2/4 measure beginning with a sixteenth rest, which I would find preferable.

Done and done.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot