News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[PC] Doki Doki Literature Club! - "Dreams of Love and Literature" by Nacho2420

Started by Zeta, February 12, 2018, 06:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

It just seems so out of place to me. Despite what Seb thinks, it does make it more difficult to play because some people cannot reach the interval of a tenth, and for those that can, it isn't planing. The middle voice occasionally changes from a fifth above the lowest voice to a sixth. Like I said, it's such simple arrangement otherwise and this part stands out, making it inconsistent with that. It's up to you, but that's my recommendation.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

I've seen published music with performance notes that say something along the lines of, "For those with smaller hands: Roll large intervals."

You could do something along those lines if you wish, Nacho.

Olimar12345

If anything, I would include the wider voicing as an optional part. I think it goes without saying that rolling a chord would be what to do if you couldn't reach a large interval. But this is all beside the point I was making.

But like I said, it's up to you.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

nacho2420

I added a performance note indicating they can use the left hand voicings from the previous page, that way the 10ths can still stay as an option. That should work.

Latios212

Looks good to me! (Though I would give the performance note a bit more vertical space.)

(As for my opinion, I'm not normally a fan of large intervals, but I do like them here since the left hand moves slowly. They add a bit more power to the return of the main section to differentiate it from the first iteration, just as the original makes it sound fuller with the updated percussion part. And the performance note keeps the sheet accessible for those with small hands, or those who are new to piano.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

While you're adjusting the spacing, I think it would make more sense to put "measures 5-8" since that's when the four bar pattern repeats.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta