[DELETED] [NES] The 3-D Battles of WorldRunner - "World Theme" by joeberryosponge

Started by Zeta, February 12, 2018, 02:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: The 3-D Battles of WorldRunner
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: World Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: joeberryosponge

Latios212

Have you considered simplifying the left hand? The very high tempo and large jumps seem like a huge deterrent for anyone looking to learn this... it would be dramatically more accessible if you kept the left hand as single notes, for instance.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

joeberryosponge

Quote from: Latios212 on February 26, 2018, 09:15:09 AMHave you considered simplifying the left hand? The very high tempo and large jumps seem like a huge deterrent for anyone looking to learn this... it would be dramatically more accessible if you kept the left hand as single notes, for instance.
I've simplified the left hand and made it more accessible. Thanks!

InsigTurtle

About time someone else got to this, huh?
Just a couple of comments:
m.2 - It's still reasonable to have that inner G-A-B voice in the RH. Makes it more coherent that way. I noticed you added the D to the G chord to flesh things out, which I wouldn't personally do, but it's still fine by me.
m.10 - Mark that stress on the 3rd beat LH
m.26 - It looks like you forgot the A in the inner voice, looks like you might have accidentally deleted it?

m.6 and likewise - the A - G/C# jump in the left hand is still pretty difficult to do at that tempo, but not impossible. Just a note that you can try messing around to see if there's an easier solution.

Otherwise, looking pretty good!

Sebastian

Archived for inactivity

Please try to respond to feedback within a few weeks so we're able to keep things buzzing along. Feel free to resubmit with the above feedback in mind.