News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Link and His Loftwing" (Replacement) by Latios212

Started by Zeta, February 11, 2018, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Link and His Loftwing
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

unmotivated

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

This arrangement looks pretty good. Couple things:

- Optional, but you could put the crescendos/diminuendos in M. 19 and 20 above the staff like the others.
- Is there a reason you put an eighth rest in M. 32 instead of a dotted quarter (on beat 2) like in the other measures? From what I'm hearing it sounds to be the same length as the others.

That's all from me.

Latios212

Yep, I just checked and both of those were intentional:
- In the intro and ending, I put them above the staff since they applied to the right hand only. Here I put it between the staves to tie it to the line that's moving between the staves.
- Yeah, in m. 24 and 32 I do hear a slight pause in the flute part, unlike the parts with a similar rhythm on page 1. (Not that it really makes a difference with pedal, but yeah.)

Thank you very much! This one turned out well, I think ^^

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on March 29, 2018, 07:16:32 PM- In the intro and ending, I put them above the staff since they applied to the right hand only. Here I put it between the staves to tie it
Ah, yeah. That was my assumption.

Quote from: Latios212 on March 29, 2018, 07:16:32 PM- Yeah, in m. 24 and 32 I do hear a slight pause in the flute part, unlike the parts with a similar rhythm on page 1. (Not that it really makes a difference with pedal, but yeah.)
Nice ear. Sounds good!

Olimar12345

About the title: I believe it should remain "Link and his Loftwing." Not only do I side with Fierce about ZeldaUniverse, but that title just makes more sense: it was not about the loftwing, it was about the two of them being paired. (also lmao khinsider is by no means a creditable source)

-Measure 12's LH doesn't seem right. I don't hear that V on beat two (like you've written), but importantly beat three should have a low F going to that Gb in the next bar.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

Cool, I'll change the title back then.

About m. 12, that was something I wrote in to try and gradually lower the bass part from the more "airy" section before. (The line that I had been writing in the measures before overlaps the melody in m. 12 which didn't sound good to me, so I wanted to change it.)

You're right, though, it would sound better with a low F to lead in to the Gb. Do you have any suggestions on what I could do with the left hand in the middle of measure 12 (instead of the Ab)?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Eh, either sustain the Db or keep the Ab. Your call. The F on beat three was more important.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

I'll keep the Ab on beat 2 to keep the descending motion and beat intact. I've changed to an F on beat 3.

Thanks!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Zeta