News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

TWG C Sign-Ups

Started by davy, February 08, 2018, 04:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSM, Celebrating its 100th TWG with:

mikey's Dinner and a Show
9 (52.9%)
BDS's In the Era of the Daytime Moon[/url
7 (41.2%)
davy's A Faction Festival
9 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: February 15, 2018, 08:51:18 AM

Maelstrom

When will this start? I might be in, but next week is test hell for me. It gets easy afterwards, though.

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 09, 2018, 11:42:45 AMMy experience with role reunion type games has been tainted after the game with the lanterns. They have to be really, really balanced to work.

That was the first game I ever hosted, and it only went wrong due to a 1/100 chance (or at least something like that). Role reunions do not need to be more balanced than any other game, and this game starts completely balanced due to the fact that everyone starts at the same point. It can only become inbalanced when players make bad (or suboptimal) role choices.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 09, 2018, 12:00:51 PMYeah, but it's a blind kill.

Most kills in TWG are blind kills. That doesn't change the fact that it allows the humans more mislynches.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 09, 2018, 12:00:51 PMThe disadvantage is that the day seer doesn't get results until the end of the phase, meaning that their input is useless for the lynch, meaning that if there isn't an alliance (and assuming the instakill has been used already), they have to wait longer to get their information out safely (in order to get another seering out before they're killed).

Night phase seers are also useless for the previous lynch, so as long as you have a day phase start, that is not a disadvantage. Giving the seer a day seer means he can even post his result before the wolves have a chance to wolf him, since the seer already knows his result.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 09, 2018, 12:00:51 PMThe switcher circumvents that advantage though, and it also affects the cardflips. It gives more advantage to the wolves because the humans can't know whether both painters targeted the same person or not. They could change somebody's role name to "Bob the Builder" but keep their color the same and that could leave the humans (including the seer) just as confused.

Sure, but then I'd say upgrade the painter to the switcher rather than removing the most powerful wolf role just by having the seer become a day seer.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 09, 2018, 12:00:51 PMThe Mystic's revival power only works after the first phase cycle. I thought that would be enough to at least give the wolves a chance. but if you think it would be better to have it after the second, then that would be fine too. Additionally, if you think it would be helpful, I could give the Master Wolf a shaman power, and add a traitor (possibly with a double ballot box vote?) with the addition of another player (Bubbles!!!).
I missed the part of the mystic being unable to use his power night 1. That makes the game a lot better. I still think the game is human-sided because humans just have better powers and are more influential during phase 0, so some of the changes you suggested should help.

Also keep in mind that you need to subtract 1 from the player list since you are hosting.

Quote from: mikey on February 09, 2018, 12:38:20 PMYes game 100 should be crazy exciting but it should also be the werewolf game.  It should be a summary of what we want our twg experience to be, and scumhunting is way more fun than seekrit seekrit faction game

I don't know, I have the idea that players have way more fun playing a faction game than a normal game (if I compare our last faction game with most normal games). Also, a problem with normal games is that only a small group of players gets to experience playing as a wolf, a small group of players gets to experience playing as a special, and the rest gets to experience playing a normal human, so no-one gets the full experience with playing a werewolf game. With faction games, everyone gets the full experience of playing a faction game. But if you think it is better to host a standard game, just put it up here and let the player base decide what game they'd rather play.

Quote from: mikey on February 09, 2018, 12:40:18 PMAnother idea: we outsource our game making and get several ideas

Another idea: twc works together for an extended period of time to make the perfect exciting and balanced game

See, these are ideas that might have worked if we planned them in advance. Right now, it would only mean having to wait longer until we can start the game, while there are clearly enough players that want to play the game right now.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

mikey

made some changes to my game for 15 players

EDIT: in the (likely) case my game doesn't win, I'm saving the secret parts for if we ever get this number of players again.
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on February 09, 2018, 02:49:02 PMMost kills in TWG are blind kills. That doesn't change the fact that it allows the humans more mislynches.
Day start lynches and night start lynches have a completely different dynamic though. Day start are completely blind.

QuoteNight phase seers are also useless for the previous lynch, so as long as you have a day phase start, that is not a disadvantage. Giving the seer a day seer means he can even post his result before the wolves have a chance to wolf him, since the seer already knows his result.
While it may balance out if the game drags on, day seers on a day start begin with a disadvantage (even more with a night start), whereas a night seer with a night start has a comparative advantage, if only slight.

QuoteSure, but then I'd say upgrade the painter to the switcher rather than removing the most powerful wolf role just by having the seer become a day seer.
Wait, do you mean switch the painter and the switcher, or turn the switcher into a normal wolf and have the painter also have an additional switching power? Also, if it helps, I can get rid of the voteblocking part; I just thought the power would be too weak without it.

QuoteAlso keep in mind that you need to subtract 1 from the player list since you are hosting.
derp
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Fuck it. Might need reminders that I'm actually in the game but tenatively sign me up. May as well try and make the last TWG game I play a good one.

EDIT: Actually disregard this. Uni is starting up in a couple days for me and I have other things on my table so while I'd like to come back for a bit and do stuff its probably best I cut this commitment off before I commit too much to it.

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 09, 2018, 04:04:55 PMWait, do you mean switch the painter and the switcher, or turn the switcher into a normal wolf and have the painter also have an additional switching power? Also, if it helps, I can get rid of the voteblocking part; I just thought the power would be too weak without it.
derp

Switcher has no advantage over the painter on night phase seers, so there is imo no difference between switching the painter and switcher and giving the painter switcher powers (other than the fact that if one painter dies you still have another if they are two separate roles). The roleblocker is very nessecairy for the wolves at this moment since the wolf powers are very weak compared to the human powers.

Also added a poll. On the subject of polls, THE poll will be up when that one closes (in 48 hours). Raeko, you have until then to post your game.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

A moment of silence for the following players:
The_Subjective_Thought
Toby/TheBoyWhoCriedWolf
Fank009
Mashi
Jon
Liggy
vermilionvermin
Bird
Greg
Nakah
Boo Guy (?)
spitllama
Mr. Tanooki Suit
kman96
k-night
unmotivated

Maelstrom

mikey

someone should send a PM to all of em to see if they respond
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Unless they have email notifications on, they probably wouldn't.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

So just send them emails directly. : P
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Greg

Since I was mentioned I'll pop in to say I have no time thanks to university. Seems to be going just fine without me anyhow!

BlackDragonSlayer

Make one more post! Make one more post!

Ayyyy, welcome back!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated