[DELETED] [SNES] Kirby Super Star - "Corkboard" (Replacement) by masterhuffnpuff

Started by Zeta, May 19, 2018, 09:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby Super Star
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Corkboard
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: masterhuffnpuff

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

masterhuffnpuff

Wow has it been a while.
I checked back and I saw that the original post was deleted along with some changes.
So, I am basically reuploading this submission that includes Sebastian's changes on the .mus file and just applied them to my pdf as well. Now that I have more time available, I hope to work on getting more stuff to this site.

Latios212

Hi, welcome (back)!

Thanks for uploading the changes. As for the PDF, around here we generate them directly off of the .mus file - that way, we don't have to worry about making changes to different files, and everything will always be in sync. If you need help with that, I can generate it for you.

As for the arrangement, I have a couple of small comments:
- Courtesy A natural missing at the beginning of measure 7.
- I'd give some thought to beat 2 in the right hand of each measure. Having both a staccato and and augmentation dot is a little contradictory - see which one would be more appropriate here.
- What would you think of changing the right hand to treble clef? The last couple measures at least would be a bit easier to read. (Just attaching this for consideration - I'm not obligating you to. It's fine as is right now.)
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

masterhuffnpuff

Hi Latios,
I fixed the first two suggestions. Adding an accidental in the seventh measure was an easy fix. For the second beat, I just changed it to an eighth note with a sixteenth rest, just as a way to preserve the note length while keeping the notation simple.
As for the clef thing, the original submission I did back in February had the top staff as a treble clef but I changed it at the suggestion of one of the other updaters, Sebastian. I changed it back to a treble for now because I think it has the least amount of deviation from the main staff and because I like it better that way.
All relevant files have been edited in the submission form on the top.

masterhuffnpuff

Scratch that, I need to fix the footer in the .mus file. Forgive me, I'm not the best at finale software.

masterhuffnpuff

Okay, NOW the mus file should be good along with everything else. Sorry 'bout that.

Latios212

Hmm, looks like some formatting got messed up in the process. Here we use Finale to make all the changes on the .mus file as a master file, and then generate everything off of that so they'll all be in sync. Notepad can make that a challenge, so it's fine to seek help - sorry, I know this process can be a bit weird!

Use these files!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

masterhuffnpuff

I just put the .mus and .musx files you provided into the submission. I'm gonna try working on getting a normal version of Finale, but for now Notepad was the best I could do without paying.

Latios212

Of course, that's understandable.

We do need to replace the .mid and .pdf files as well, though, as I mentioned above! I can handle this for you, no problem.
Quote from: Latios212 on May 23, 2018, 06:03:46 PMHere we use Finale to make all the changes on the .mus file as a master file, and then generate everything off of that so they'll all be in sync.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Archived for inactivity

Please try to respond quicker in the future. Also, feel free to resubmit this sheet with the requested changes at your convenience.