News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

TWG XCIX: That Woomy Game

Started by Olimar12345, January 30, 2018, 10:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celirra

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on February 02, 2018, 01:58:48 PM-"Diplomacy doesn't do any favours" or something along those lines...
That's how I play. I try to be the nice guy and figure out who I can trust. I'm too nice, and I keep getting f___ed in the process. And now, you seem to be getting very hostile that I tried your non political whatever.

I don't think I was particularly hostile, more just trying to get information from you; there's a difference between hostility and pressuring. Though I can appreciate the nice guy approach, I did that for a bulk of my last OoTC game and I got misled due to it. Niceness is fine but you also need to be able to accrue information out of it, and also form stances and have reasoning as a product of it, or it's futile and thus counter-town.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on February 02, 2018, 01:58:48 PM-You aren't even acknowledging the fact that I'm critically thinking about the strategies for how to discern between Marina and Pearl despite specifically requesting proof of critical thinking to Ben posted in the thread. My deductions occur as things happen, as it gives more of what is most valuable here: information

I didn't see any critical thinking of that regard in my overview of everything that occurred. I would recommend solidifying your opinions and thoughts in a more thorough manner to reduce misinterpretations. Honestly, I'm trying to think of when you did what you said you did, and I really don't remember it, or if you did it wasn't impactful enough for me.

What information have you accrued this game?

And since you seem dead set on me being a wolf, who is my wolf partner?

Celirra

Olimar12345

1. octoling
2. octoling
3. inkling
4. inkling
5. inkling
6. inkling
7. inkling
8. Pearl
9. Marina

Two octolings have disguised themselves as inklings and are hidden among them. If left un-splatted, they'll surely plot to steal the Great Zapfish: the source of all power in Inkopolis.

This game starts on a night phase (normal). During the night phases octolings agree on a single inkling in which to splat (kill). During day phases everyone votes on a player to splat.

This game has two special roles: the two trendy idols from Off the Hook: Pearl and Marina. Both are seers. Pearl, the false-prophet, seers players the opposite color for which they are. However, if Pearl happens to seer Marina, they will appear blue. Marina is the true savior, so she seers players their correct color. Players with these roles are not told which idol they are, and are simply told that they are a member of off the hook. They do not know each other. Their abilities will begin night 2.

The inklings and OtH idols win when both octolings are spatted. The octolings win when the number of living inklings (OtH included) are equal or less than them. There are no cardflips upon death.

The postgame for this game will get a phase-by-phase photoshopped comic to tell the tale of what happened.

Players:
  • BrainyLucario
  • mikey
  • BlackDragonSlayer
  • E. Gadd Industries
  • SuperMarina
  • Trasdegi
  • Brawler4Ever
  • Celirra
  • Raeko

Role PMs
You are an octoling. Your partner is _____.

You are an inkling. Woomy!

You are a member of Off the Hook! Don't get cooked!
[close]

Discord chatroom link: https://discord.gg/rhMuaez

Day 1 has ended. SuperMarina has been splat-lynched. It is now Night 2. Night 2 ends 24 hours from now.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

k goodnight
excited to see who gets killed
unmotivated

Olimar12345

NEW RULE: Lynch victims get one death post. This will be their last words as they are held at gunpoint by the rest of the players.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SuperMarina

"Hey, is that the new Splattersh-" *splat*
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

1. octoling
2. octoling
3. inkling
4. inkling
5. inkling
6. inkling
7. inkling
8. Pearl
9. Marina

Two octolings have disguised themselves as inklings and are hidden among them. If left un-splatted, they'll surely plot to steal the Great Zapfish: the source of all power in Inkopolis.

This game starts on a night phase (normal). During the night phases octolings agree on a single inkling in which to splat (kill). During day phases everyone votes on a player to splat.

This game has two special roles: the two trendy idols from Off the Hook: Pearl and Marina. Both are seers. Pearl, the false-prophet, seers players the opposite color for which they are. However, if Pearl happens to seer Marina, they will appear blue. Marina is the true savior, so she seers players their correct color. Players with these roles are not told which idol they are, and are simply told that they are a member of off the hook. They do not know each other. Their abilities will begin night 2.

The inklings and OtH idols win when both octolings are spatted. The octolings win when the number of living inklings (OtH included) are equal or less than them. There are no cardflips upon death.

The postgame for this game will get a phase-by-phase photoshopped comic to tell the tale of what happened.

Players:
  • BrainyLucario
  • mikey
  • BlackDragonSlayer
  • E. Gadd Industries
  • SuperMarina
  • Trasdegi
  • Brawler4Ever
  • Celirra
  • Raeko

Role PMs
You are an octoling. Your partner is _____.

You are an inkling. Woomy!

You are a member of Off the Hook! Don't get cooked!
[close]

Discord chatroom link: https://discord.gg/rhMuaez

Night 2 has ended. Raeko was found splatted. It is now Day 2. Day 2 ends 48 hours from now.

E. Gadd Industries

@celirra
The best information I've come up with for this game was worked out with partly with Brawler.* I'm currently waiting on permission to post our chat log, but they haven't been on all day (I asked 11-12 hours ago)
*Why Brawler? Keep reading, I'll get to that.

As far as your partner, I could see it being Tras, for not contributing much (granted, they have a tendency to do that, but especially when they're a wolf). Brainy's still kinda up in the air. And as far as mikey is concerned, he hasn't done anything insanely weird for his style.

So with all of that being said, it's Day 2.
I'm Off the Hook.
That's why I jumped on your plan, Celirra. I was eager to find a way to have at least a chance of finding the other OtH and didn't stop to think of the possible implications of enacting said plan so early. Your plan is also why I decided to talk to Brawler, as they seemed to be rather interested in your plan, possibly indicating OtH alignment.
This is why I seer'd Brawler4Ever, in hopes of finding the other blue, but instead, I got green. Granted, that info isn't worth much, but these are the explanations for my actions.
Like I mentioned at the top, I'm waiting on Brawler's permission to post the chat log
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Update: I was just cleared permission but I don't have access to PC (I wasn't anticipating receiving word until tomorrow morning or some point overnight while I was asleep), so chat logs will be coming around 7:30 AM CST
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

2 options: Celery is wolf/Celery is town
there's an interesting paradigm between celery/brawler/brainy that I'd like to hear more about

if celery is town we can just blindly trust his lynch order to win the game (meaning lynch brainy)
at this point E Gadd being off the hook makes celery's lynch order a bit weaker or confirms supermarina a wolf.
unmotivated

mikey

[5:55 PM] NocturneOfShadow: boii you better not be a wolf
[5:55 PM] NocturneOfShadow: it seems kind of unlikely that we're both on the same page if one of us is a wolf
[5:55 PM] NocturneOfShadow: so I think we can trust each other
[5:56 PM] NocturneOfShadow: regardless, here's something I said to E Gadd last night just to see what would happen
[5:56 PM] NocturneOfShadow: 10:41 PM] NocturneOfShadow: Hey in the off chance I croak in the night, I want you to know it's more likely the work of raeko or celery, or maybe BDS.
[10:48 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Alright. Are you telling this just to me or anyone else?
[10:49 PM] NocturneOfShadow: I would have told it to BDS, but given that he and I are the two most experienced players in the field, he might actually be willing to kill me as well
[10:50 PM] NocturneOfShadow: this is your assignment as your mentor: pay attention to how raeko and celery play because they are not familiar with the meta and will have a more "raw" playstyle
[10:50 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Noted. I'll definitely pay them a closer attention
[5:59 PM] NocturneOfShadow: It doesn't really end up in much, but I'm still kind of messing around with him I guess you could say
[5:59 PM] NocturneOfShadow: let's call it "a reaction test"
[5:59 PM] NocturneOfShadow: raeko is gut read
[6:00 PM] Celirra: kk
[6:00 PM] Celirra: I can'
[6:00 PM] Celirra: t speak much to him
[6:00 PM] Celirra: There's not enough for me to go off of yet
[6:00 PM] Celirra: Raeko gut read is weird
[6:00 PM] Celirra: idk if you've seen her play forum
[6:00 PM] Celirra: She's always very quiet
[6:00 PM] Celirra: Until she gets invested
[6:00 PM] Celirra: I'm gonna try to get her invested because it's the best way to tell
[6:00 PM] Celirra: one thing I know is she hates being wolf
[6:01 PM] Celirra: and that she loves solving
[6:12 PM] NocturneOfShadow: I can usually tell
[6:12 PM] NocturneOfShadow: there was a turbo a long time ago where I picked her out early day 1
[6:13 PM] NocturneOfShadow: didn't pick out charu, but
[6:13 PM] NocturneOfShadow: there was a reroll anyway
[6:46 PM] Celirra: Charu is hard to pick out
[6:46 PM] Celirra: So don't take that too hard
[6:46 PM] Celirra: He's always the balance where he's wolfy and towny at the same time
[6:46 PM] Celirra: he's a good pr basically
[6:47 PM] Celirra: er, not good
[6:47 PM] Celirra: but you know what I mean
[3:33 PM] Celirra: Remind me again of Trasdegi's meta
[3:33 PM] Celirra: if he has one
[3:34 PM] NocturneOfShadow: Strong and silent
[3:34 PM] Celirra: kk
[3:34 PM] Celirra: If I can resolve him as town we win
[3:34 PM] NocturneOfShadow: He's probably town just for the lack of eolfiness
[3:34 PM] Celirra: brawler is town 100%
[3:35 PM] Celirra: raeko is town like 80%
[3:35 PM] Celirra: if tras is town
[3:35 PM] Celirra: lynch order is obvious imo
[3:35 PM] Celirra: well not obvious but
[3:35 PM] Celirra: it resolves super/e.gadd/pearl as t/w/w
[3:36 PM] Celirra: and frankly
[3:36 PM] Celirra: as long as one of the first 2 is a wolf then it means 1 less to resolve
[3:37 PM] Celirra: [4:33 PM] Emcee FlashMikeyFlash of Shadow: If we had cardflips I'd be more willing to vote for you but it's on  fence right now
[3:37 PM] Celirra: can you explain this sometime
[3:47 PM] NocturneOfShadow: I think marina brawler is t/w so confirming one a color turns the other another color
[3:48 PM] NocturneOfShadow: So if we lynch both of them we always hit a wolf in my mind
[3:48 PM] NocturneOfShadow: And tbh I think brawler is softing seer a bit
[4:15 PM] Celirra: I dont think thinking of that is condusive regardless
[4:16 PM] Celirra: in my mind brawler isnt on the table
[4:16 PM] NocturneOfShadow: but if marina flips green he's back on the table
[4:16 PM] Celirra: there are no cardflips
[4:16 PM] NocturneOfShadow: I KNOW
[4:16 PM] Celirra: oh
[4:17 PM] Celirra: I meant more not on the table re: you thinking he's softing
[4:17 PM] Celirra: We'll have to see
[4:17 PM] Celirra: imo marina is the safest lynch for now either way
[4:17 PM] NocturneOfShadow: yeah he's probably just a wolf
[4:18 PM] NocturneOfShadow: I'm overthinking things
unmotivated

mikey

if the second member of off the hook is dead, I bet it's raeko
unmotivated

Brawler4Ever

For my part, I can agree with everything E Gadd said. I'll let him post the chat log in case he wants to comment on it or something.

I am not Off the Hook, so I can say that he is not false claiming seer, at least. For my part, I also know that he is the true seer. I was never particularly suspicious of E Gadd, and this lessens what little suspicions I had of him a great deal.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

BrainyLucario

I'm not a member of OffTheHook either, so E. Gadd's claim lives on i guess
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.