Started by Olimar12345, January 30, 2018, 10:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

mikey

if this is t/w, I think brawler is town
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mikey on February 02, 2018, 08:43:24 AMif this is t/w, I think brawler is town
I'm getting the opposite read on him, He's acting more like a wolf to me
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Celirra

There are about 4 hours left currently.

I want to propose that everyone says their votes sooner than later, but not enough to drop a hammer (don't "officially" vote, just say who you have intent to vote for) so we can avoid a CFD scenario, or a potential (fake)claim of seer that can throw a kink in the lynching.

Expressing comfort in voting E. Gadd

BrainyLucario

Speaking of that let me post this chat log

Chat Log voicing Mikey's reasoning
@Emcee FlashMikeyFlash of Shadow  could you possibly further  explain your read on E. Gadd to me? Private or public idk
*Idc

Emcee FlashMikeyFlash of Shadow - Today at 10:36 AM
what do you want
E Gadd is in a weird spot playstyle wise where he's still trying to figure out how to respond to pressure, but I'm not a fan of the nonchalance

Brainy - Today at 10:37 AM
I was mostly talking about your inclusion of his only post in the thread

Emcee FlashMikeyFlash of Shadow - Today at 10:38 AM
that's his only post
a meme and an "ftfy""

Brainy - Today at 10:40 AM
So? Seems like a normal first post. What does his post count have to do with his township, iyo?

Emcee FlashMikeyFlash of Shadow - Today at 10:40 AM
he hasn't done anything, much like trasdegi

Brainy - Today at 10:41 AM
Yet you read Tras as [Null]

Emcee FlashMikeyFlash of Shadow - Today at 10:41 AM
whereas trasdegi's posts are more cautious/neutral, E Gadd's feels more like saying something just for the sake of something
"uhh raeko cause seer thing, brainy cause ???, that good enough?"

Brainy - Today at 10:47 AM
Hm... okay, I can see your point now.  But E. Gadd furthered his explanation out of me by including the fact that I made the mistake twice, even after I was called out for it after the first gag vote you made
He's trying way more than Tras is, who pushed it off as me being probably just tired.

Brawler4Ever - Today at 10:49 AM
so, mikey, you're against E Gadd because you feel that his posts lack weight and are just filler to cover for the fact that he's not really contributing?

Brainy - Today at 10:49 AM
He's clearly trying to contribute, though

Emcee FlashMikeyFlash of Shadow - Today at 10:49 AM
if you had to put words into my mouth those words would be as good as any I guess

Brawler4Ever - Today at 10:50 AM
yeah, I was trying to voice mikey's opinion rather than any actual "facts"
it's a basis of opinion what actually counts as "contributing"
sorry for "quotes"
your main arguement with E Gadd is (essentially) this comment: " Uhh... I feel like that's just mikey being mikey, I'm honestly thinking you, Raeko (no offence or anything), because of the seer thing. Otherwise, Brainy, because he does weird crap like that when he isn't town (but that's a double-edged sword, because he could also be OtH)
The first thing is directed at Brawler's suspicions, not Raeko" -E Gadd
correct?
corect-ish?

Brainy - Today at 12:01 PM
Let it be known that I'm not trying to put wolfish intent on Noc's vote. I just wanted to help clarify his reasoning. I read Noc as town so far
Noc being mikey
[close]

Celirra

Quote from: BrainyLucario on February 02, 2018, 10:09:36 AMSpeaking of that let me post this chat log

Chat Log voicing Mikey's reasoning
@Emcee FlashMikeyFlash of Shadow  could you possibly further  explain your read on E. Gadd to me? Private or public idk
*Idc

Emcee FlashMikeyFlash of Shadow - Today at 10:36 AM
what do you want
E Gadd is in a weird spot playstyle wise where he's still trying to figure out how to respond to pressure, but I'm not a fan of the nonchalance

Brainy - Today at 10:37 AM
I was mostly talking about your inclusion of his only post in the thread

Emcee FlashMikeyFlash of Shadow - Today at 10:38 AM
that's his only post
a meme and an "ftfy""

Brainy - Today at 10:40 AM
So? Seems like a normal first post. What does his post count have to do with his township, iyo?

Emcee FlashMikeyFlash of Shadow - Today at 10:40 AM
he hasn't done anything, much like trasdegi

Brainy - Today at 10:41 AM
Yet you read Tras as [Null]

Emcee FlashMikeyFlash of Shadow - Today at 10:41 AM
whereas trasdegi's posts are more cautious/neutral, E Gadd's feels more like saying something just for the sake of something
"uhh raeko cause seer thing, brainy cause ???, that good enough?"

Brainy - Today at 10:47 AM
Hm... okay, I can see your point now.  But E. Gadd furthered his explanation out of me by including the fact that I made the mistake twice, even after I was called out for it after the first gag vote you made
He's trying way more than Tras is, who pushed it off as me being probably just tired.

Brawler4Ever - Today at 10:49 AM
so, mikey, you're against E Gadd because you feel that his posts lack weight and are just filler to cover for the fact that he's not really contributing?

Brainy - Today at 10:49 AM
He's clearly trying to contribute, though

Emcee FlashMikeyFlash of Shadow - Today at 10:49 AM
if you had to put words into my mouth those words would be as good as any I guess

Brawler4Ever - Today at 10:50 AM
yeah, I was trying to voice mikey's opinion rather than any actual "facts"
it's a basis of opinion what actually counts as "contributing"
sorry for "quotes"
your main arguement with E Gadd is (essentially) this comment: " Uhh... I feel like that's just mikey being mikey, I'm honestly thinking you, Raeko (no offence or anything), because of the seer thing. Otherwise, Brainy, because he does weird crap like that when he isn't town (but that's a double-edged sword, because he could also be OtH)
The first thing is directed at Brawler's suspicions, not Raeko" -E Gadd
correct?
corect-ish?

Brainy - Today at 12:01 PM
Let it be known that I'm not trying to put wolfish intent on Noc's vote. I just wanted to help clarify his reasoning. I read Noc as town so far
Noc being mikey
[close]

What are you trying to accomplish with this? Give me proper reasoning and thoughts and a committed stance, I'm starting to become very suspicious of you.

Brawler4Ever

For my part in Mikey vs E. Gadd, neither seems particularly wolfy to me.

E. Gadd has made several comments that have been deemed to have no "weight" or "contribution". I don't disagree with this assessment.

Mikey sees this as wolfish and intends to lynch E. Gadd. I see him as being slightly aggressive in this matter, but nothing that seems suspicious.

Neither case has enough value to me. I'm going to keep my vote on SuperMarina, who I personally believe has the best case of being a wolf of the three. I will stay tuned, though, in case I change my mind before the end of the phase.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

E. Gadd Industries

Okay, here are my thoughts, Celirra
-I was interested in your plan because I deem it important that the seers communicate for human victory.
-When Raeko protested, I jumped on it because I didn't see the fallacies in Celirra's plan.
-Now I see the fallacies, so I understand where Raeko is coming from, so I am no longer suspicious.
-As of late I'm trying to reason how the seers could possibly be discerned between—because it's important to know who is corrupted and who isn't, and I haven't come up with much of anything conclusive. MAYBE context could be used, but we'd have to have a definite human lead or wolf read, not to mention actual room for trial and error.

Now here's why I think Celirra is wolfy:
-The seer post seems ill-timed. Wouldn't it make sense to post that in the second set of phases, when the seers can actually do something?
-Cripes, more defence will come later, the bell just rang
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Celirra on February 02, 2018, 10:19:22 AMWhat are you trying to accomplish with this? Give me proper reasoning and thoughts and a committed stance, I'm starting to become very suspicious of you.
For what? Clarifying on his reasoning? My reasoning was proper and my stance is clearly a stance for E. Gadd. I seriously think you guys are misreading him. That's dangerous this early in the game. There is no reason for you to cast suspicion about me questioning someones reasoning

Celirra

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on February 02, 2018, 10:46:10 AMOkay, here are my thoughts, Celirra
-I was interested in your plan because I deem it important that the seers communicate for human victory.
-When Raeko protested, I jumped on it because I didn't see the fallacies in Celirra's plan.
-Now I see the fallacies, so I understand where Raeko is coming from, so I am no longer suspicious.
-As of late I'm trying to reason how the seers could possibly be discerned between—because it's important to know who is corrupted and who isn't, and I haven't come up with much of anything conclusive. MAYBE context could be used, but we'd have to have a definite human lead or wolf read, not to mention actual room for trial and error.

Now here's why I think Celirra is wolfy:
-The seer post seems ill-timed. Wouldn't it make sense to post that in the second set of phases, when the seers can actually do something?
-Cripes, more defence will come later, the bell just rang

I think it's convenient that you're flopping onto me being a wolf now that I'm pressuring you, likely as an attempt to discredit my claims against you. I'm curious to hear your further defense, if you have any, as well as why poor timing on discussing a strategy is wolfy.

Celirra

Quote from: BrainyLucario on February 02, 2018, 10:58:51 AMFor what? Clarifying on his reasoning? My reasoning was proper and my stance is clearly a stance for E. Gadd. I seriously think you guys are misreading him. That's dangerous this early in the game. There is no reason for you to cast suspicion about me questioning someones reasoning

You pretty much made a very light claim, then posted a quote of a very broad segment of the public discord chat. I don't think that accomplishes anything. I also don't even think the log is that useful, so unless you want to explain what specifically is so pertinent about it I think it's just an attempt to garner favour and look like you're doing hard solving work.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Celirra on February 02, 2018, 11:20:43 AMYou pretty much made a very light claim, then posted a quote of a very broad segment of the public discord chat. I don't think that accomplishes anything. I also don't even think the log is that useful, so unless you want to explain what specifically is so pertinent about it I think it's just an attempt to garner favour and look like you're doing hard solving work.

I mostly posted the log because Dudeman usually looks through this thread and I thought it would be good to reference in the future, you also have no read on our play styles much like we have no read on yours so you can't just throw suspicions around willy nilly like you are. I've played and know E. Gadd well enough to know when he's usually a wolf, and believe me, he's acting pretty towny with his defense. I'm encouraging you to not vote for E. Gadd as false suspicions of him have cost me the game before and I don't want something like that to happen again.

BrainyLucario

After discussing with Brawler over discord I've come to a final vote. SuperMarina

E. Gadd Industries

So to continue my thoughts on Celirra...
-"Diplomacy doesn't do any favours" or something along those lines...
That's how I play. I try to be the nice guy and figure out who I can trust. I'm too nice, and I keep getting f___ed in the process. And now, you seem to be getting very hostile that I tried your non political whatever.
-You aren't even acknowledging the fact that I'm critically thinking about the strategies for how to discern between Marina and Pearl despite specifically requesting proof of critical thinking to Ben posted in the thread. My deductions occur as things happen, as it gives more of what is most valuable here: information

So these are my thoughts. I'm not changing my vote at this point.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

unmotivated