News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

[N64] Mario Party - "Opening Theme" by Nacho2420

Started by Zeta, January 25, 2018, 03:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Mario Party
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Opening Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nacho2420

[attachment deleted by admin]

nacho2420

Figured I'd try again with this one

Latios212

Ah nice, looking a lot better than last time. I noticed your recent Breath of the Wild sheets all have "Arranged by Nacho2420" on them. Is it alright if we just stick with that for consistency's sake?

And dang... I didn't know Yasunori Mitsuda composed for Mario Party.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

nacho2420

Sebastian

Nice sheet!

A couple things from me:
- Some of the dynamics need to be centered. There are some a little high. Go ahead and center them all.
- The site name should be http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/ with the correct capitalized letters and all.

InsigTurtle

Just taking a quick glance, there's a couple of spots where you should point out more clearly that the melody stops playing and that the accompaniment is being played instead, like m. 15-16.
In m.28 you could spell the 2nd dyad as F-Ab instead of G# to keep the rising thirds consistent.

nacho2420

Good look out!

I resized the accompaniment figures in the RH so it's more obvious when the melody ends

Maelstrom

1 - Formatting
Maybe bump down the arranger and composer text a bit. It's floating pretty high now.
m76- the notch down for the repeat should be on the double barline, not after the key change
Speaking of repeats, I'm pretty sure 8va marks go below 1st/2nd repeat barlines, not above them
2 - Notes
RH
Why not put an octave on b1 of m72?

LH
m19-20 - Beat 4.5 of m19 should be a Bb and the next measure should be completely empty. A copy+paste error?
m24 should be completely empty.
What do you think about adding in the other voices in m25-32 and 41-43? It might make the bassline a little less empty, but as that's the feel you've gone for, it's up to you.
m48-55 should look like this: (Also in 78-89)

m56 and 56 both have a staccato'd F# on b4
m59 - b2 is a G, not an E
m94:

3 - Theory/Performance
Do you need the 2x above the repeat in m16?

Aside from this, the arrangement is solid. Great job with something so large.

nacho2420

1. All fixed!

RH
m72 Originally thought it'd be easier for performance but after playing it myself the octave isn't that bad. I added it back in.

Fixed the note on m20

m24 originally added bass line to keep the motion going in place of the percussion only break, but to stay true to the original I took it out. 

m.25-32, 41-43 I did try adding the upbeat chords in the right hand and it made the melody very awkward to play..for transcription purposes I can put them in but will be borderline unplayable live.

m48-55/78-79 fixed!

m56 - do you mean the bottom G's on beat 1?

m59 fixed!

m94 fixed!

m16 - I put that there to differentiate the 3x repeat previously, although it is understood that 2x is always default when there's no marking otherwise. Let me know if I should delete.

Thanks for the thorough proofreading! This arrangement is a big one indeed.   

Maelstrom

Go through and make sure you made all the changes again. m24 was unchanged, as was m51-55 at the very least.

Quote from: nacho2420 on March 19, 2018, 03:32:47 PMm24 originally added bass line to keep the motion going in place of the percussion only break, but to stay true to the original I took it out. 
That's fine.
Quote from: nacho2420 on March 19, 2018, 03:32:47 PMm56 - do you mean the bottom G's on beat 1?

m16 - I put that there to differentiate the 3x repeat previously, although it is understood that 2x is always default when there's no marking otherwise. Let me know if I should delete.

Thanks for the thorough proofreading! This arrangement is a big one indeed.   

Yep, probably take it out because repeat signs imply 2x naturally, and no problem. Sorry it took so long.

Latios212

Great work! Just a few small things from me:
- For the intro (m. 1-8) how about using some staccatos in the right hand?
- m. 11-12 differ from m. 35-36 in that the 8va is/isn't over the lower voice. Is that intentional?
- The Ped. is awfully close to the note in m. 76.
- In m. 76-77 you have the 8va below the repeat ending brackets but in m. 78 it's above. Perhaps try and keep it consistent.
- The tempo marking at m. 99 doesn't set the correct tempo for playback.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

nacho2420

-I didn't put staccatos in 1-8 since it's so high in range some of the notes won't have dampers. It will be weird to have some of them ring and some of them be short.

-Fixed 11-12

fxed 76-77

-fixed the tempo change by making a new marking completely, not sure why playback did that before.

Latios212

The files look the same as before. Are you sure you updated them?

(After that, we're good to go!)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle