Series: Other
Game: Splatoon
Console: Wii U
Title: Now or Never!
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: BrainyLucario

[attachment deleted by admin]

BrainyLucario

Trust me this is different from splatoon 2's Now or Never. I kept hearing it called Last Minute! and Now or Never so IDK which one is right
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

The official ost has it titled "Now or Never!" So you'll need to add the exclamation point. There are four different versions of this piece; two from each game, one normal one and one splatfest version, each of which are different enough to warrant their own arrangement. I did the two splatfest ones and iirc tangy did the regular one from Splatoon 2, so this is will finish them off nicely.

However, this arrangement needs a ton of work. There is no need for it to exceed two pages. Change the time signature to 4/4 and half the note values. The LH accompaniment needs to be much more than long held notes, the style of the piece demands that. Check out our other versions of this piece for ideas.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 21, 2018, 08:00:50 AMThe official ost has it titled "Now or Never!" So you'll need to add the exclamation point. There are four different versions of this piece; two from each game, one normal one and one splatfest version, each of which are different enough to warrant their own arrangement. I did the two splatfest ones and iirc tangy did the regular one from Splatoon 2, so this is will finish them off nicely.

However, this arrangement needs a ton of work. There is no need for it to exceed two pages. Change the time signature to 4/4 and half the note values. The LH accompaniment needs to be much more than long held notes, the style of the piece demands that. Check out our other versions of this piece for ideas.

I'm getting like eighth note A and C octaves in the bass now that I relook at it. I'll work on editing it asap, though it may take a bit

BrainyLucario

Okay, I think I've fixed it up a bit. That was pretty time-consuming

BrainyLucario

Olimar12345

The dotted-eighth, sixteenth rest rhythms are unnecessary in this piece. Replace them with quarter notes please. Also you can easily move that last system to the second page and eliminate the need for the third piece of paper.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Double post:

-The key signature should only have three sharps in it.
-Lower the composer/arranger names to be lower than the subtitle, like in the guidelines.
-Measures 15 and 19 are a train-wreck. You'll need to find a more clear way to write this, possibly at the expense of leaving something out. Remember that the melody is more important than things going on underneath it.
-The basic line at 5 and 24 is flat-out not correct. The rhythm should be quarter, quarter, eighth, quarter, eighth-tied across the bar to another eighth, quarter, eighth, quarter, quarter. Please check out my Splatfest version of this sheet on my PAT for details.
-I would recommend removing all other dynamic markings that aren't the initial one, since this piece does not have any dynamic contrast. The mf you have in the LH at measure 5 needs to be dealt with regardless.
-16-17 and 20-21 the layers are both going the same way and are on top of each other.

Much more to say after you make these changes.

BrainyLucario

Olimar12345

Next:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 01, 2018, 04:07:43 PM-16-17 and 20-21 the layers are both going the same way and are on top of each other.
-Add 33-34 to the above.
-15 RH third note should be a B tied to the fourth note. Get rid of the whole rest in that bar (and in 19) now too.
-Measure 7 RH should have a quarter note on beat 2, not two tied eighth notes.
-Measure 8 RH should be an eighth note (tied to the previous bar), quarter, eighth, quarter, quarter.
-The last note in measure 8 RH should be a D#.
-Measures 9-10 (RH) should be: quarter, quarter, eighth, eighth, eighth, eighth tied across the bar to another eighth, quarter, eighth, quarter, quarter.
-The rhythm in measures 24-29 should mirror the section at measure 5.
-Make the quarter notes in the RH from measures 1-4 and again in 33-38 into two eighth notes of the same pitch.

More once this is done.

BrainyLucario

I've fixed everything but the first bullet, due to the fact that I don't understand what you mean. Do you want me to reverse which voice plays what or something?

Olimar12345

Quote from: BrainyLucario on February 07, 2018, 08:52:14 AMI've fixed everything but the first bullet, due to the fact that I don't understand what you mean. Do you want me to reverse which voice plays what or something?
Looks like you fixed it though, lol. Before, the tie in those measures was going underneath the notes when it should have been going above.

This last edit created some issues:
-The third page containing a single measure has returned. Move that last measure back to the previous system.
Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 03, 2018, 10:37:14 AM-Get rid of the whole rest in that bar (15) (and in 19) now too.
-I only said the RH:
Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 03, 2018, 10:37:14 AM-Make the quarter notes in the RH from measures 1-4 and again in 33-38 into two eighth notes of the same pitch.
-Add a double bar line before measure 14 and measure 24.
-You're missing a tie in measures 28-29.
-On the fourth beat of measure 42 (RH) hide one of the quarter rests and move the other one to be in the center of the measure.

More once this gets done.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 07, 2018, 09:07:23 AM-On the fourth beat of measure 42 (RH) hide one of the quarter rests and move the other one to be in the center of the measure.
You feeling okay? I don't see 42 measures here.

Hence why everything but that has been fixed, unless I missed something

Olimar12345

I meant measure 32. Should have been easy to figure out, since it was the only measure with the described issue.

More:
-I said double bar lines, not repeat bar lines. Change those pls.
-Move the last measure to the system above pls.

BrainyLucario

I can't add double bar lines with notepad, the up arrow shortcut for the page thing doesn't work and the rest keeps reappearing