News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Fifth Annual(?) NSM Superlatives!!

Started by Dudeman, January 01, 2018, 12:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Well folks, 2017 may be over, but here on NinSheetMusic, we've still one last item of business to take care of as we begin 2018. Before the Oscars, the Golden Globes, the Emmys, even time itself, an award ceremony was decreed by the gods (that is, Jamaha, but not Jamaha) to celebrate that which makes NSM, well, NSM. That's right, it's time for the revival of a long-cherished sorely missed uncontroversial fun annual NSM tradition. Welcome, arrangers and arrangettes, to...

THE 5TH ANNUAL NSM SUPERLATIVES!!
Yaaaaaaay! Woohoo! Oh, it's so beautiful! Champagne!

And now to introduce our esteemed host for this year's festivities: a man feared and loved by many, whose reputation spreads far and wide and brings honor to the NinSheetMusic name...KING SAMMER!

*brrrrrriiiiiing*

Hm? Oh, sorry, excuse me for a moment, this looks important.

Hello, can you make this quick? I'm supposed to be introducing the...

...what?

He did what?!?

Oh. S**t. Well, we'll, uh...I'll take care of it. Thanks.

...sorry about that, folks, but it appears that due to, um...budgeting...problems...our host had to be replaced at the last minute. But not to worry! NSM has spared no expense in bringing a top-of-the-line replacement host! Yes, one who will wow you with his excellent feats of *brrrrrriiiiiing* god dammit one second

okay what the f*** is going on now

...whaddya mean Latios "can't make it"?! What am I supposed to tell the public?!

Okay fine, s**t, I'll just do the f***ing thing myself. God dammit, I hate this job.

...okay I just got off the phone with my agent and I have to do the awards now. Sorry, you're stuck with me after all. Maybe we'll get somebody cool next year. Like Tobbeh!

THE RULES:
1. You may nominate up to three people for each Superlative (you may choose to only nominate one or two people for a Superlative if you so please). Please send me your nominations to me via PM, using the below Superlative list. The top three (or less, if applicable) nominations for each Superlative will be selected for a final round of voting, where a winner and runner-up will be determined.
     1b. Please make serious nominations. Any nominations made as a practical joke are highly unlikely to be counted.
     1c. You may only vote for ONE member for each Superlative.
2. Nominating inactive members is allowed, but discouraged. This obviously doesn't apply to Superlatives related to older/inactive members.
3. Self-nominating is allowed, but slightly more discouraged. Voting for yourself is absolutely allowed. You made it into the final cut, sport, you deserve it.
4. Having nominations for every Superlative is not required, but is encouraged. Having a vote for every Superlative during the voting round is HIGHLY encouraged, to the point where I'll probably PM you back asking for votes if you leave some blank.
5. Do not use the Superlatives as an opportunity to harass other members or otherwise cause trouble. As a rule of thumb, if your behavior is likely to make things unfun for everyone else, it's a no-no. There's a reason we've gone almost two years without this, and I'd rather not repeat that.
6. The words "Superlative" and "Superlatives" must be capitalized at all times. Anyone who breaks this rule is subject to a frustrated sigh from me as I stare at my computer screen.
7GRAND. Have fun! Don't think too hard about each Superlative and use this as an opportunity to celebrate each other.

NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. I should have voting set up by next weekend.
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED. Superlatives should start going up by March 3rd.

And now, without further ado...the nominees!

This year's list of nominated Superlatives!
Friendliest: Hero of Trains, Latios212, Sebastian
Scariest: Dude, Dudeman, KefkaticFanatic
Calmest: Dudeman, Sebastian, Static
Cutest: Altissimo, Nebbles
Strongest: BlackDragonSlayer, braixen1264, Maelstrom
Frivolousest: Dude, Mashi, Tobbeh99
Longest: Bubbles, sipan1234, Tobbeh99
The Most A+: Dudeman, Latios212, Mashi
Biggest Fanboy/girl/person: BrainyLucario, Dude, Maelstrom
Biggest Hipster: LeviR.Star, Yug_Guy
Most European: AmpharosAndy, Jamaha, Tobbeh99
Most American: Dudeman, Sebastian, Yug_Guy
Most Australian: AwesomeYears, fingerz, WaluigiTime64
Most Canadian: InsigTurtle, JDMEK5, shadoninja
Most Likely To Succeed: Latios212, Olimar12345
Most Likely To Be A Closet Anime Fan: Dudeman, mikey, WaluigiTime64
Most Likely To Not Actually Exist: Tobbeh99, WaluigiTime64, Zeta
Most Likely To Actually Be A Ghost: Bespinben, Nebbles
Best Vocabulary: BlackDragonSlayer, E. Gadd Industries, MaestroUGC
Best Artist: braixen1264, Lkjhgfdsa_77, Onionleaf
Best Arranger: Latios212, Maelstrom, WaluigiTime64
Best Composer: Dekkadeci, MaestroUGC, WaluigiTime64
Best Melody Quiz Maker: mastersuperfan, Static, WaluigiTime64
Best Melody Quiz Taker: Dudeman, Latios212, mastersuperfan
Best Peacekeeper: Dudeman, Latios212, Static
Cutest Friends: BrainyLucario/E. Gadd Industries, MaestroUGC/MaestroUGC, Blueflower99/Maelstrom
Best Updater: Latios212, Olimar12345, Static
Best Moderator: braixen1264, Dudeman, MaestroUGC
Most Missed NSM Member: Bubbles, Jamaha, Nebbles
Most Likely To Be Lurking: Bespinben, MaestroUGC, Winter
Most Improved: E. Gadd Industries, LeviR.star, Sebastian
Most Sarcastic: Dude, Dudeman
Most Talented: dajwxp, Olimar12345, WaluigiTime64
Most Mysterious: MaestroUGC, mikey, Tobbeh99
Most Datable: dajwxp, Nebbles, Zeta
Most Quotable: Dude, Dudeman, InsigTurtle
Most Ridiculous: InsigTurtle, King Sammer, Tobbeh99
Most ?? ?? ?? : BoywithoutaFairy, InsigTurtle, Tobbeh99
The Very Best, Like No One Ever Was: InsigTurtle, Latios212
Most Skilled Gamer: Dudeman, Olimar12345, Static
Most Woomy: BrainyLucario, Olimar12345
The Dankest Of Memers: Dudeman, Olimar12345, Static
Best Presidential Candidate For 2028: Dudeman, MaestroUGC, Sebastian
Best Mod Candidate For Next Tuesday: Altissimo, mikey, Yug_Guy
Most Likely To Nominate Themself For This Superlative: Dude, MaestroUGC, ThatHiddenCharacter
Most Likely To Not Win This Superlative: King Sammer, mayastarr041, ThatGamer
Most Likely To Win Most "NSM Superlatives": Dudeman, WaluigiTime64
Most Likely To Host Next Year(?)'s "NSM Superlatives": Dude, E. Gadd Industries, Olimar12345
Egg: no, Olimar12345, shadowkirby
[close]

The winners of each Superlative are entitled to a couple days of fame, bragging rights, no monetary compensation whatsoever, and nihilism. Side effects may include projectile vomiting, ulcers, excessive stubbing of the left big toe, and a desire to arrange more video game music.

Have a blast, everybody! I'm very excited to see the results!

tradation
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Happy weekend! If you haven't sent in your nominations (or taken a look at this year's Superlatives at all), now's a great time to do so! I'd love to get as many submissions as possible.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dude

I'm waiting till the last minute because I'm a lazy son of a bitch.

Dudeman

Quote from: Dude on January 09, 2018, 07:16:14 PMI'm waiting till the last minute because I'm a lazy son of a bitch.
Honestly it would appear you're not the only one.

braix

I'm usually lazy, but I actually submitted my nominations before the deadline this time
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BlackDragonSlayer

I keep forgetting... :( I'll do it over the weekend!!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

AwesomeYears

Hey I nominate myself for Most Likely To Not Win This Superlative because I haven't been on here for the last 365 days or so.

K bye.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: AwesomeYears on January 11, 2018, 02:26:56 AMHey I nominate myself for Most Likely To Not Win This Superlative because I haven't been on here for the last 365 days or so.

K bye.
AWESOMEYEARS!!!!!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

SuperMarina

I don't know people well enough to nominate, so hnnnnnnnnnn
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

Olimar12345

The trick is to nominate/vote for the user Manio whenever you aren't sure who to nominate/vote for. We tried that last time and the results were interesting.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 11, 2018, 08:19:15 AMThe trick is to nominate/vote for the user Manio whenever you aren't sure who to nominate/vote for. We tried that last time and the results were interesting.
please to not be doing this, thank you

Dude