[DELETED] [WiiU] Mario Kart 8 - "Wild Woods" by Rudolf Milter

Started by Zeta, December 28, 2017, 04:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RudolfMilter

Sorry for being so late, I had some work.
It is now updated.

Olimar12345

I don't have time to check it all, but it does need a fair amount of work before it gets accepted. Formatting-wise, most of the text boxes aren't properly aligned and the copyright info should only be on the first page. You'll also need page numbers and measure numbers. The music itself tends to overlap quite a bit (especially on the second page) and it can be difficult to read.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Khunjund

In a binary time signature like 5/4, one generally avoids grouping rhythms in a way which might suggest a ternary metre, like groups of three eighth notes, or successive dotted quarters. As such, you might want to write measures 2-3 and the like as:

and measures 6-7 as:

Since the right hand is pretty syncopated in general, it might be helpful to write out the bass pattern in quarters and eighths only for more legibility.

In measure 17, since the layer 2 part is has basically the same rhythm as the layer 1 part, consider merging them.

The 15ma line is never used in writing piano. Move everything up one octave and use a regular 8va line.

A 4-tuplet is a bit strange in a binary metre. Are you sure it's accurate?

The second half of measure 27 should be in treble clef (in general, don't go past 4 ledger lines above a bass clef), or ideally split between the two hands.

Measure 31 doesn't need to use two layers, and a sixteenth note triplet is incorrectly identified as a sextuplet.

Measure 35 doesn't need two layers either.

For measures 36-39, play the chord with the first one or two notes in the first layer (or just the second, to emphasize the syncopation), and leave it out for the rest. The pedal will make sure to sustain it throughout each measure.

For measures 40-43, I'd say drop the third layer, but you can add the F# in measure 41, the D in measure 42 and the E in measure 43 to the first layer. It's also possible to play the simultaneous D-E-E at the start of measure 42, if you really want to keep it in, but the chords before that aren't.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Sebastian

Just thought I'd jump in and respond to one of your comments...

Quote from: D3ath3657 on February 16, 2018, 09:23:56 PMThe 15ma line is never used in writing piano. Move everything up one octave and use a regular 8va line.
I'm not sure I've ever heard of this. I have seen many piano arrangements/music with a 15ma/15b added. They may not be necessary in some instances, but definitely not unused in piano music.

Khunjund

Quote from: Sebastian on February 16, 2018, 09:40:19 PMJust thought I'd jump in and respond to one of your comments...
I'm not sure I've ever heard of this. I have seen many piano arrangements/music with a 15ma/15b added. They may not be necessary in some instances, but definitely not unused in piano music.

I've played pieces that hit the highest C on the piano, pieces that hit the lowest A, and pieces that spend extended amounts of time in the registers that would theoretically find it applicable, but not once have I seen a 15ma line in a professional edition.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Sebastian

Unnecessary, perhaps. Unused, no. Personally, I use and have seen these in perfectly necessary situations.

Olimar12345

15ma/mb is by no means a popular marking in piano literature, simply because as you said it's perfectly normal to find the final pitches in both directions written out with 8va/vb and ledger lines. Not only that, but it's often written that way to aid in the learning of reading ledger lines and becoming familiar with doing so. However, never say never, because it is used on occasion. Off the top of my head (and iirc) Ligeti used it in his Etude No. 9, but I'm sure with more research you could find many more (and better) examples.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Archived for inactivity

Please resubmit at your convenience.