Series: Other
Game: Splatoon 2
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Ebb & Flow
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Olimar12345

[attachment deleted by admin]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

First of all, I hear a few inaccuracies with the bassline:
m13,17, etc LHb1 should be an A, not an E
M30-32 LHb3 should be an E, not a D.
m34-37 LH - I've got a few comments on this, and it applies to everywhere else this occurs (including m4-9, because it is exactly the same)
34 b1 - the C restrikes on b1.5
35 b1 - b1 is 2 8ths, a G followed by a D
37 b3.5 - the A is an octave lower
m41 LH, and the same in m49 LH
Spoiler
[close]
And then I went back and checked the melody and found this stuff: (RH unless stated otherwise)
m13 The actual rhythm is different - q, q, 8th, 8th, q
Not sure I agree with the notes used for 13 and 17, but idk what else to use

Olimar12345

Thanks, Mael. Most of the things you mentioned were great, and I've edited my file to include these corrections. Two things you said are incorrect though:

-About 13 and 17, that's an E all day long. It repeats the same figure as the measures before it. Even if it's unclear, you can hear the note change between the down beat and the up beat, meaning that it can't be another A.
-The rhythm in the RH at 13 is correct as I have it now. Released in the Splatune 2 ost was the lyrics for this and the other three OtH songs, and for that measure they are saying: "Terakonide!" It's being grouped as Te-ra-kon i-de  [8 8 4 8 4.]

Maelstrom

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 04, 2018, 02:03:09 PM-About 13 and 17, that's an E all day long. It repeats the same figure as the measures before it. Even if it's unclear, you can hear the note change between the down beat and the up beat, meaning that it can't be another A.
I strongly disagree.
Anyone else want to weigh in?

BrainyLucario

I agree with Olimar. That sounds like a note change
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Latios212

After listening really closely, both notes are present, but it really sounds like an A to me...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Latios212 on February 05, 2018, 11:21:09 AMAfter listening really closely, both notes are present
This.

I'd argue that the A, being the higher note, is what is more likely (obviously there will be exceptions) to be heard by the average listener on a casual listen through. Or you can just go for accuracy and put both notes in.

Olimar12345

I like it better as just the E. I don't hear an A there, but can imagine why you would want one there. It would sound hip with an A there, but with that second note (the true A) sounding the way it does simply does not lead one to hear that note as being the second of two repeated notes. Having both would not only lessen the clarity of the line, but it would be physically more awkward to play, since one note would be repeating and one would be changing.

Maelstrom

I still say the A.
And it seems a lot of other people do?

Sebastian

Olimar12345

Latios212

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 10, 2018, 11:00:34 AMYou (and now seb) are really the only two.
Err... no. I said before that even though they're both there, I hear the A much more prominently.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle