News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [SWITCH] Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - "Mid Boss Mayhem" by Big Z

Started by Zeta, December 11, 2017, 10:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Mid Boss Mayhem
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Big Z

Dudeman

Hello, Big Z! Before this sheet goes any further, please take a look at the Formatting Guidelines. Your sheet is missing a few things, notably the copyright info, "arranged by ____", "composed by" before Grant Kirkhope, etc. Take a good look and get those fixed when you can. The Updaters like a clean sheet format-wise so that it's easier to focus on the music itself during the critique.

Additionally, it's nice to provide a YouTube link (or similar) to the song in question so that the Updaters have a reference right there in the topic. I've grabbed this for you, below.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Big Z

I made the all of the edits that I could, but some are still missing.
I'm sorry. I'm new to all this. It would be nice to get some help with the stuff that I wasn't able to do, but I understand if that's not possible.
Thanks for putting up with me!  ;)

Olimar12345

Formatting things:
-Use the template to avoid most of the following issues. The template (as well as links to more templates) is found in the formatting guidelines.
-Remove the PNO text.
-The "Piano" text to the left of the first system should be Times New Roman, size 14.
-Missing page numbers
-Missing page titles
-Missing measure numbers
-Copyright info should be company © year
-Arranger font should be times new roman, size 12, italic, right aligned.
-The game title does not have a colon in it (We'll need to get Deku to fix this entry).
-The url should retain it's capital letters

Actual Music Stuff:
-Overall I think your dynamic choices are very exaggerated. Save fortissimo for the big moments.
-The RH in measure 1 should be down an octave.
-The re-occurring layer split in measure 3's LH seems like a tad too much for the LH to do imo. I'd recommend removing the second layer (red notes) in those places, and only keeping the bass line for that figure. Or better yet, you could only incorporate the last two notes of the bass line, keeping the up beat of 3 the chord (but all in one layer).
-Ab's in measure 3 and everywhere else alike should be G#'s.
-The harmony in the LH part in measure 11, 19, etc. should be E7.
-Measure 18 should be built around Bb major.
-Measure 18 and 19 should build, then 20 should dim. into 21. The RH in 18 and 19 should be staccato too.
-Measure 19 is in harmony, not octaves.
-In general, there are a lot of overlapping notes and rests. In Finale, when you enter things into the second layer (the red layer) it automatically stems the entries downwards and changes the first layer to work upwards. If you enter your music according to this principle you won't have to spend time adjusting the notation manually.
-You're missing the ending from the recording.
-37-44 should include the lower octave as well (in the LH).

There is still quite a lot to do with this arrangement, and I've only just scratched the surface. Below is a version of the arrangement that includes the correct formatting as well as some of the changes I touched on above. Use it as a guide for finishing this one up. I'll probably make more comments later when I get a chance to look more at this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hvg24ljjiatooc/Mid_Boss_Mayhem12345.mus?dl=1
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

I'll fix it tomorrow. I've got a dress rehearsal and a concert awkwardly spread out so I won't be home today.

Big Z

Thank you for the input. I'll change what I can when I have an opportunity.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Archived for inactivity

Please resubmit when you are able to get specified feedback implemented to your sheet.