Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

TWG XCVIII player sign-ups

Started by davy, November 28, 2017, 10:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trasdegi

Olimar12345

Should I start my small game then?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

updated "in" list:

1. BrainyLucario
2. Trasdegi
3. BlackDragonSlayer
4. Olimar12345
5. Nakah - ?
6. FireArrow - ?
7. Blueflower
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Balancing revision:

Twg won't die

1. Human I I I I
2. Human I I I I
3. Human I I I I
4. Human I I I I
5. Wolf I I

Players have health points in this game, meaning that they must be hit a certain number of times in order to die. Wolfings and lynches each count as one strike against the targeted player. Humans die once they've been hit four times, be it from lynches or wolfings. The wolf dies from two hits.

Strikes are not kept public by the host, minus winning lynch votes being announced. Wolfings are only announced when a player actually dies. Starts on a night phase.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

-Trasdegi
-BlackDragonSlayer
-Olimar12345
-Blueflower
-E. Gadd Industries

-Nakah - ?
-FireArrow - ?

One more and I'll start my game.

davy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 23, 2017, 09:33:36 PMBalancing revision:

Twg won't die

1. Human I I I I
2. Human I I I I
3. Human I I I I
4. Human I I I I
5. Wolf I I

Players have health points in this game, meaning that they must be hit a certain number of times in order to die. Wolfings and lynches each count as one strike against the targeted player. Humans die once they've been hit four times, be it from lynches or wolfings. The wolf dies from two hits.

Strikes are not kept public by the host, minus winning lynch votes being announced. Wolfings are only announced when a player actually dies. Starts on a night phase.

I think this version is way less balanced than your previous one. The humans can lynch a player twice to confirm their humanity, forcing the wolf to wolf that human. Even if the wolf does that, humans can still afford six mislynches before they have to lynch the wolf twice. Giving every player the same number of lives would be a lot more balanced in my opinion.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Olimar12345

Tbh this whole game isn't that great. I actually tried it several times irl and the problem is it becomes a literal blind guessing game rather that a wolf hunt, since there aren't any deaths until later phases. The wolf would win every time when there were equal health points. Even with the uneven health we still haven't had a human victory, but the games are longer...

Basically in the time that they can confirm a human, the wolf can stack up to 3 hits on a human, note than enough to insta kill the confirmed human.

davy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 25, 2017, 06:11:09 AMTbh this whole game isn't that great. I actually tried it several times irl and the problem is it becomes a literal blind guessing game rather that a wolf hunt, since there aren't any deaths until later phases. The wolf would win every time when there were equal health points. Even with the uneven health we still haven't had a human victory, but the games are longer...

Basically in the time that they can confirm a human, the wolf can stack up to 3 hits on a human, note than enough to insta kill the confirmed human.

Manhunts don't work irl because there is too little time to analyse what the players say and base your voting on that. If humans play smart in the current setup, they just vote for the same players two phases in a row. The only way for the wolf to make sure that that player doesn't get confirmed is by wolfing that player twice after both lynches. That means that only the night 1 wolfing can be on someone other than a lynch target unless the night 1 wolf target becomes the lynch target, in which case the wolf can bring another player down to 3 lives. However, humans are still allowed to make mislynches on 2 players after which there is a choice of two players left for the remaining humans, which means the wolf will have to be less suspicious than three out of four other players (since the wolf can't kill any players himself without the help of the humans lynching that player).
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Olimar12345

Regardless, leaving the HP leveled for humans and wolves gives the humans no way to confirm human players outside of their death when the game doesn't end. Special roles would be too much to add though, I think.

mikey

in/host

pass the sharp

1. wolf
2. human
3. human
4. human
5. human
6. human

after night 1, night 2 starts.  night phases after night 1 are 48 hours long.  after the first night phase, night phases are when lynches happen and wolves kill during the day phases, which will be shortened to 24 hours.  during the night phases players receive the sharp, a mystical piece of paper full of an interesting plant that does the opposite of what we might expect.  the sharp is constantly passed around from player to player in a predetermined random order at varying time frames (picture musical chairs).  if the wolf receives the sharp when the phase ends, the lynch does not go through.  in addition, the wolf's daykill will not go through.
unmotivated

Olimar12345

I'd rather try your game out tbh. Also I pm'd FA and he's still in.

davy

Assuming FA is playing, you may start your game, mikey.

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

before setting anything up, I'd like to clarify that the people playing are as follows:

1. BrainyLucario
2. Trasdegi
3. BlackDragonSlayer
4. Olimar12345
5. Nakah
6. FireArrow
unmotivated