News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Nintendo eShop Sale Topic

Started by SlowPokemon, November 22, 2017, 12:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

New 3DS eShop sale. Making note of it because the Professor Layton games, which never go on sale, are all discounted. And they're my favorites so yknow highly recommended, etc.

Full list of games here:
https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

Was thinking about picking up Yo-kai Watch but it's STILL pricey even with the sale
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BrainyLucario

I literally just spent all my eshop money.... Ugh
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

SlowPokemon

There's a SWEET Capcom deal going on right now in the U.S. Highlighting it because of Ace Attorney, which are all discounted and at a GREAT price, but there's lots of good stuff here:

Nintendo 3DS:
Mega Man Legacy Collection - $5.99
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - $9.99
Monster Hunter Generations - $15.99
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies - $8.99
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice - $11.99
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - $11.99
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $5.99
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - $8.99
Resident Evil Revelations - $7.99
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - $4.99
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - $4.99

Wii U:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $7.99
Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99
DuckTales: Remastered - $3.74

If you've never played an Ace Attorney game, this is your semiannual push to play one. I recommend starting with the original trilogy, especially since 3 fantastic full-length games for $12 is an insanely good value, but it would be fine to start with any of them if you find yourself more endeared to the 3DS-original graphics.

By the way, is Monster Hunter good/which one should I get if I'm interested?

Dudeman

Oh, the original AA trilogy is available on the eShop? No lie, I've been wanting to play for forever but didn't think they were available. I guess I have to pick them up now!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Yes!!! Trilogy is, like, all-time favorite game material. And this price is kind of insane considering the three games together are 60-70 hours worth of content.

Echo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 19, 2018, 09:40:23 AMBy the way, is Monster Hunter good/which one should I get if I'm interested?

So, the people that I've seen that enjoy the series, literally get sucked in for hundreds of hours. People aren't joking they say that they have playtimes of like 300-600 hours.

But, I dunno if I'd particularly recommend it to you, because I've only seen you talk about story-driven/puzzle games. Monster Hunter has like no narrative whatsoever, it's just pure boss fight after boss fight, hunting one huge monster after the next, with endless grinding to get better equipment to take down even tougher monsters. That being said, if you do think that you'd have fun with that (constantly learning different boss patterns, trying out a bunch of different weapons), I guess I'd recommend it. There are demos anyway, and I'm pretty sure they give the gist of what the game's about.

In particular I've heard 4 Ultimate is the best out of those available, but I wouldn't really know the differences that well.

Also seconding that everyone should get the Ace Attorney trilogy if they haven't played it yet.

SlowPokemon

Huh okay. I'm 25 hours into Octopath Traveler and I think maybe another grindy/boss heavy JRPG is too much for anytime soon. I'm working through Twilight Princess as well and between those, my monster-slaying itch is well scratched I guess. Thanks for the advice!

SlowPokemon

That Ace Attorney 3DS sale is back up. You can get literally the whole main game series (six games) for barely $40, so if you've been on the fence, consider picking one of them up.

The trilogy is getting a Switch port early next year and it will be in HD, so I guess it might be better to wait for that, but I'm willing to bet it'll be considerably more expensive.