News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Nintendo eShop Sale Topic

Started by SlowPokemon, November 22, 2017, 12:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Do we have one of these? If not here's a list of current eShop sales: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/11/nintendo_of_america_launches_its_eshop_cyber_deals_for_switch_3ds_and_wii_u

Current sales I want to call attention to since they're personal favorites:

Ace Attorney Dual Destinies: $9.99 (AMAZING deal since even on smartphones this game is usually around $15-$17)
Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice: $14.99 (also AMAZING because this game is a great adventure game that's about twice the length of Dual Destinies)

Also want to ask about a few games I'm thinking about getting while they're on sale:
I am setsuna — still not very cheap even with the sale, though the idea of a JRPG that won't take up a million hours of my time is appealing.
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons — at $2.99 apiece I am extremely tempted here. Are they good? I've never really played a 2D Zelda.
Rhythm Heaven Megamix — as rhythm games go, how is this?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 22, 2017, 12:02:41 PMRhythm Heaven Megamix — as rhythm games go, how is this?
good, unique, easy to clear, hard to 100%, little bit of a slow start (more obvious for veterans though), great music, and uh... a lot of "creative" minigames
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 22, 2017, 12:02:41 PMLegend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons — at $2.99 apiece I am extremely tempted here. Are they good? I've never really played a 2D Zelda.
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes all of my yes
They're both really vibrant and colorful, the worlds feel alive and unique, the dungeons are great, the soundtrack kicks ass, the items are really unique (especially the season and time gimmicks between the two games), the freaking linkage mechanic is genius if you have both games, just, just get the games, you won't regret it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on November 22, 2017, 12:15:53 PMgood, unique, easy to clear, hard to 100%, little bit of a slow start (more obvious for veterans though), great music, and uh... a lot of "creative" minigames

The only rhythm game I have played is HarmoKnight, which I LOVED and 100%ed / gold on everything. It's been four years or so since I played it so I'm thinking I might like another.

Quote from: Dudeman on November 22, 2017, 12:21:21 PMyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes all of my yes
They're both really vibrant and colorful, the worlds feel alive and unique, the dungeons are great, the soundtrack kicks ass, the items are really unique (especially the season and time gimmicks between the two games), the freaking linkage mechanic is genius if you have both games, just, just get the games, you won't regret it.

This is encouraging, but is it okay for my first 2D Zelda? Should I play Link to the Past first?

Now that I have a real adult job as a temporary elementary music teacher, I have a bit of extra money for games.

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 22, 2017, 01:09:54 PMThis is encouraging, but is it okay for my first 2D Zelda? Should I play Link to the Past first?
Nah, I don't think ALttP needs to come first. I had both ALttP and Seasons when I was a kid and I preferred Seasons. A Link to the Past is a masterpiece, certainly, but it definitely feels larger and more mature. The Oracle games feel cozier, friendlier, and quirkier, and I think you'll have more fun playing those first.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Okay I bought them but when I get to them which one do I play first, Ages or Seasons?

Dude

It doesn't really matter.

But using the all N password is fun if you beat the game already

Dudeman

I'd recommend Seasons first since it's less heavy on puzzles but yeah, it really doesn't matter.

SlowPokemon

Dudeman

SlowPokemon

HA

When I'm tired of Ultra Moon I'll give it a shot

Thanks for the recommendation kid 👍🏻

Maelstrom

Play seasons first because you won't be able to play it after ages. I wish I would have showed up early enough to tell you to start with Link's Awakening and then to skip seasons.

Dudeman

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

I am so bad about eShop buying. Since the sales are ending, I finally caved and downloaded both I am Setsuna and 1-2-Switch!

...as if I didn't already have enough games to play.