[SNES] Kirby Super Star - "Battle With Meta Knight" (Replacement)

Started by Fantastic Ike, October 26, 2017, 06:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Ike

Completed and on site

I was considering replying to my old post but the NSM bot suggested I start a new one instead. I know cleanup isn't fun for anyone, but the current sheet is embarrassingly below the site's standards, both in formatting and the quality of the arrangement itself. The main thing that needs to be done is simply to put the piece in its correct 5/4 time signature (and maybe key signature too, I'm not sure if the original arranger had that right), fix up a couple stray notes, and add in the xylophone licks in the beginning...besides the obvious formatting that needs to be done.

I'd do it myself but I'm bad with fast runs (one of my arrangements has one of these licks and I'm still not if I transcribed it correctly), and currently I'm at the limit of available submissions. No disrespect to the original arranger but this sheet is probably one of the most egregiously bad on the site, and although it's not a very popular piece I think it still needs to be modified to fit NSM's current standards. I know I'm asking a lot but I'd appreciate it if someone was up to the task.

Dekkadeci

I've actually made some mostly-done to needs-revision-but-listenable piano transcriptions of this piece. I should try transcribing the quasi-solo runs from 0:37-0:53 a third time, though--I've lost the files for this piece twice, and when I finally restored them, I found that my first two cracks at the runs were not the same.

I've figured out that the piece is nearly all in 5/4 (with two 6/4 bars thrown in), and it's in C minor with prominent D flat usage (to the point where the quasi-solo runs are in the C minor blues scale with an additional D flat thrown in). The repeated notes at 0:28-0:30 are completely aggravating to transcribe rhythmically accurately, though, and I think I'll have to stick with an inaccurate transcription of them that doesn't have its tuplet cross bar lines.

Fantastic Ike

Well that's awesome! This is not an easy piece to transcribe or play, and I don't think anyone will mind if it's not 100% accurate. It's just one of those pieces that needed to be updated, so thanks for the huge effort on your part!