[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - "Super Pipe House" (Replacement) by Sebastian

Started by Zeta, October 20, 2017, 02:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Super Pipe House
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

WaluigiTime64

I like this. This is a nice sheet.

One thing though: For the last measure, could you possibly include that lower B in the flute melody (beat 3)? It's a little more pronounced than the xylophone.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on October 20, 2017, 02:43:08 PMOne thing though: For the last measure, could you possibly include that lower B in the flute melody (beat 3)? It's a little more pronounced than the xylophone.
Hmmm, I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote from: Latios212 on October 21, 2017, 08:20:26 AMDon't forget to list Koji Kondo as a composer!
Oh, ok. I was using this listing to help with composers/track names.
https://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_RPG_Original_Sound_Version

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on October 21, 2017, 01:05:04 PMWell, I think it's pretty clear here who the original composer is ;)

Static and I agree that it should be like this:

Composed by Koji Kondo
Arranged by Yoko Shimomura

Arranged for Piano by Sebastian
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Or "Piano Arrangement by Sebastian"
I think that one is used more, at least I've used it more.

Latios212

Quote from: Static on October 21, 2017, 01:28:52 PMOr "Piano Arrangement by Sebastian"
I think that one is used more, at least I've used it more.
If so, then make sure it's consistent with the rest by using "Composition/Arrangement by"

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

I've had other sheets from this game with "Composed by Yoko Shimomura & Koji Kondo." The official soundtrack isn't completely wrong. I'll put "Composed by Yoko Shimomura & Koji Kondo" for this one.

Sebastian

Olimar12345

-Measure 19 beat 2 RH: the B should be a C natural.
-In measure 27 (all the way to the down beat of 28) there's an F# in the harmony that would be nice to include if you could.
-I'd remove the "!" from the swing 8s at the top of the chart. It's unnecessary and looks silly.

Not bad overall though.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 03, 2017, 10:46:26 AM-Measure 19 beat 2 RH: the B should be a C natural.
Nice catch.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 03, 2017, 10:46:26 AM-In measure 27 (all the way to the down beat of 28) there's an F# in the harmony that would be nice to include if you could.
Added.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 03, 2017, 10:46:26 AM-I'd remove the "!" from the swing 8s at the top of the chart. It's unnecessary and looks silly.
I'd prefer to keep this. I have "Swing e!" in other sheets of mine.

Links updated.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Sebastian on December 03, 2017, 01:01:41 PMI'd prefer to keep this. I have "Swing e!" in other sheets of mine.

If you're keeping it simply because it is a relic from the shitty finale default swing expression, that doesn't seem like a very good reason.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian